Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Found a moment:
CONSIDER THE COW,

We can recognize what a cow is, a bovine who roams the pasture or lays on the grass.
Or a calf, it is a small cow or young cow.
Consider a cow recently impregnated. We would never seriously call a cow embryo a "cow."
An auctioneer might try to sell a very pregnant cow as "two cows," because pretty likely there will soon be another cow so the buyer is pretty much getting two animals.

But he would never try to sell a cow as two cows (even in jest) if she only had an embryo in her.

A COW EMBRYO IS NOT A COW. Far from it !
(And could never be passed off as one to anyone seriously intelligent.)
So likewise, a human embryo is not a human.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Can you please provide the references that demonstrate how cow auctioneers handle the auctioning of pregnant cows?

For instance, I happen to know (we own a farm with cows), that at auction there are terms for the cows for sale such as "heiferettes" or "first-calvers" or "cow-calf pairs" which are sometimes called "3-in-1's" Now, it's the 3-in-1s that apply here. Those are cows that are pregnant with a calf at side. As far as my understanding goes, so long as it is known that the cow is pregnant, she is sold as a 3-in-1. It actually doesn't matter if she's 1 day pregnant or 1 day from full term.

So unfortunately, I think once again your make believe ideas don't have any support.

A human embryo is a human at the very beginning of its development. That development began at conception and will continue for another couple of decades.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Can you please provide the references that demonstrate how cow auctioneers handle the auctioning of pregnant cows?

For instance, I happen to know (we own a farm with cows), that at auction there are terms for the cows for sale such as "heiferettes" or "first-calvers" or "cow-calf pairs" which are sometimes called "3-in-1's" Now, it's the 3-in-1s that apply here. Those are cows that are pregnant with a calf at side. As far as my understanding goes, so long as it is known that the cow is pregnant, she is sold as a 3-in-1. It actually doesn't matter if she's 1 day pregnant or 1 day from full term.

So unfortunately, I think once again your make believe ideas don't have any support.

A human embryo is a human at the very beginning of its development. That development began at conception and will continue for another couple of decades.
Fine, the cow with a calf and also pregnant may be sold as "3-in-one." They certainly would never be claimed to be 3 cows! They are what they are.

And a pregnant cow is NEVER actually two cows, even a "young one" and an "old one". And could never be auctioned off as two. (Certainly if he got home with the cow and discovered there was only one he could certainly insist on a refund and if no cooperation from the seller there could be charges of FRAUD.

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Found a moment:
CONSIDER THE COW,

We can recognize what a cow is, a bovine who roams the pasture or lays on the grass.
Or a calf, it is a small cow or young cow.
Consider a cow recently impregnated. We would never seriously call a cow embryo a "cow."
An auctioneer might try to sell a very pregnant cow as "two cows," because pretty likely there will soon be another cow so the buyer is pretty much getting two animals.

But he would never try to sell a cow as two cows (even in jest) if she only had an embryo in her.

A COW EMBRYO IS NOT A COW. Far from it !
(And could never be passed off as one to anyone seriously intelligent.)
So likewise, a human embryo is not a human.
Fine, the cow with a calf and also pregnant may be sold as "3-in-one." They certainly would never be claimed to be 3 cows! They are what they are.

And a pregnant cow is NEVER actually two cows, even a "young one" and an "old one". And could never be auctioned off as two. (Certainly if he got home with the cow and discovered there was only one he could certainly insist on a refund and if no cooperation from the seller there could be charges of FRAUD.
For one, pregnant cows are more valuable and sell for more than non-pregnant cows.

Second, why are we taking your word that the unborn cow is not considered a cow? You have a well-established history of made-up definitions and attempting to pass off unsubstantiated claims/opinions as facts. You're going to have to do better. So please provide a scientific reference that an unborn cow is not a cow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Fine, the cow with a calf and also pregnant may be sold as "3-in-one." They certainly would never be claimed to be 3 cows!
Very good Douglas. A 3-in-1 is sold as a pregnant cow and a calf. Now do you mind grazing back to the topic?

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Very good Douglas. A 3-in-1 is sold as a pregnant cow and a calf. Now do you mind grazing back to the topic?
Topic is, a cow embryo is NOT a cow, would never pass for a cow, anyone with a grain of understanding can immediately recognize they are very different things. So too a human embryo could never truthfully or rightfully be considered a human being.
That is what has been shown so far. That is evident very evident and anyone who tried to sell a cow embryo as an actual cow would be in big trouble.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
If you took the time to read the entirety of the essay you would (or at least should be able to, I am giving you at least middle school intelligence credit here) see that there is not in fact a contradiction.

That will never do. I pointed to exactly what the contradiction was.
You must show that the one thing does not contradict the other, or what is it in "continuous" that you don't understand is incompatible with "begins" or having a beginning.
Did you follow my earlier point that all life all human life comes through Adam and from Adam?
I thought at first (since no quotes around it) that you yourself had penned the first paragraph to that posting but I guess the contradiction I spotted was by your great "scientist" type guy.
WHAT I SAID WAS:
opps, multi quotes don't seem to work in an edit.
So you can look up how I found the contradiction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.