Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Getting one in two days. . . leaving for Cancun Friday night. Please be praying ladies. More snow forecast for Friday but we need to drive to Chicago and then fly out Saturday am . . . . .
praying for you to have a safe trip there and back home!!!

Upvote 0

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mare!
How was your coffee date?
well...that's a bit of a story now.

I had to take Stephen and Jake with me 'cause DH is working.
There was a "catch" to this coffee date...had to take the neighbor to get her car, which was in the shop.
Anyway, we got her car then followed her to "her fav coffee spot," which was in Saratoga Springs. Well, the City of Saratoga Springs' parking is horendous! :o
So we finally find parking spots, and I get the boys out of the car, and across the street to the shop...
we get our coffee and goodies and sit down.
Well, after about 15 minutes, Jake started getting a bit antsy and wanting to run around. I let him go for a minute or two (it wasn't a big place, so not a whole lot he could get into). But then he started to go behind the counter! :eek:
So, I gave him a pat on the butt and sat him down.
He started talking back to me! My two year old!!
So I patted his butt again. Well, he started yelling at the top of his lungs!
Then, my neighbor/friend, stepped in and started to discipline my son right b4 my eyes!!!!!! :o
EXCUSE ME! I'm his mother and I am right here!!!! Oh, boy my defenses shot right up!
So I politely excused us all and said we had to go.
I thanked her for the date, and left her there!
Sorry, but no one disciplines my child while I'm sitting right there!!! whew! glad i got that out!
sorry so long!

Upvote 0
S

SapphireAngel7

There was a "catch" to this coffee date...had to take the neighbor to get her car, which was in the shop.
Anyway, we got her car then followed her to "her fav coffee spot," which was in Saratoga Springs. Well, the City of Saratoga Springs' parking is horendous! :o
So we finally find parking spots, and I get the boys out of the car, and across the street to the shop...
Well, after about 15 minutes, Jake started getting a bit antsy and wanting to run around. I let him go for a minute or two (it wasn't a big place, so not a whole lot he could get into). But then he started to go behind the counter! :eek:
Then, my neighbor/friend, stepped in and started to discipline my son right b4 my eyes!!!!!! :o
EXCUSE ME! I'm his mother and I am right here!!!! Oh, boy my defenses shot right up!
Sorry, but no one disciplines my child while I'm sitting right there!!! whew! glad i got that out!
sorry so long!
Personally...I would do the same...NO way. That is rude.

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship

sorry so long!
aawwwwwwww, sorry to hear that Mare! I was hoping that you enjoyed yourself!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

robannat55

Senior Veteran
Mar 21, 2007
Working
✟41,950.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Happy Birthday Nobella

Well, we've just finished Summer Break for the kids this week so we went with my son to drop him off for his first morning at his new College. We thought we might have to, or be able to, hang around for their first assembly, We were soon put right when the Deputy Headmaster came out and said parents can stay but that usually indicates that the Parents are the ones with the problem!!!

Our country has a bit of a mixed system. Primary school can be either Year 1 to Year 6 or Yr 1 to 8. Then there are still some Intermediate Schools which just do Years 7 & 8. Then there are High Schools for year 9 to 13. But there are also colleges which do Year 7 to 13 and this is what we have sent our son to.

Ah well another step towards Teenagerdom!

BTW he will be 11 in April. He is probably the youngest or nearly the youngest in his class.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

robannat55

Senior Veteran
Mar 21, 2007
Working
✟41,950.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Rob. :wave:

I would be one of the parents that hangs around. I'd have a hard time letting my almost 11yo go to "college." My kids would be saying, "Mom, stop crying. You're embarrassing me."

^_^
Fortunately there was no problem with that for us. Son was glad to have us there and Mum was happy to see him head away into the building.

We met one of my Sons friends when we arrived and his Mother had just dropped him off and headed away. He wasn't crying or anything but neither did he look very happy. He will survive though.

This boy does have another reason for being a bit unhappy. His dad is about to go away to Police College for 3 months leaving the family behind.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.