Post removed

Is this a red flag? Should I feel hurt and upset by this?

• Not red flag, but I should feel hurt and upset.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course its not something a good Christian girl would say.

But I am not sure why you are asking if you should feel hurt. Simply act as a man and if its something you do not want, then find another one who will be more according to your wishes.

Its your personal life and we cannot vote about how you should feel or what you should do.

Edit: I just realized this is in the "engagement" section. If you are already engaged, then its more serious and you should act more carefully. You already made a promise and promises should not be broken unless its really necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was having a conversation with my girlfriend about exhorbant sums of money people pay for sex after seeing an instagram post on the subject. She joked about having sex with a stranger for $1 million. I didn't find this funny, and I asked her seriously if she would do that. She replied that she would not. But she followed up with "if someone offered me $10 million, and I wasn't in a relationship, I'd consider it depending on the person. I am seriously disgusted by this, and I'm considering ending things over it. I'm concerned that we are seriously misaligned in terms of values. I view this as selling your soul.

All of my secular friends think I'm WAY overreacting to this hypothetical that will never happen. What do you'll think? Am I blowing this out of proportion? I do have a tenancy to do so. Am I right to feel hurt and confused by this?

Some background: We are both somewhat Christian, but have not attended church in a while. I grew up Catholic, but consider myself non denominaltional now. We have both expressed desire to find a church in our area and attend together. We are in our late twenties and have been dating for about a year. We love eachother, but this is seeming like a big red flag to me in terms of compatability.
I would be careful. It may be that she meant that she would more seriously consider a marriage proposal from a rich stranger. But someone who only values her fidelity and/or marriage at $10 million dollars is someone for whom that price may change in future, and you wouldn't want unfaithfulness because her value of your marriage dropped to a low point in your lives together.

Upvote 0