✟15,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,
I am male 32 and shes a female 30. During this pandemic I understand a lot of medical care workers are going through a lot of stress.. My girlfriend is one of them. She had a panic attack at work and she told me she doesn't know if she can handle this anymore. She is extremely sad, tired, confused, stressed and all of the above.

I feel hopeless.. I cook for her and drop food at her house, pray for her, talk with her on the phone every night. I do not know what to do or say. It is really difficult for me because I want to cheer her up but I can't. Please help me.... I want to lift up her spirits but I just feel hopeless....

Regards,
Larry

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
It's all just making her a better person ('better' probably isn't the word, but you know what I'm trying to say.)

I've been in a similar situation in the past when I was building up a dairy farm from scratch. You wake up in the morning and the day just seems impossible. But somehow, someway, you bodge your way through it spiritually.

And then before you know it, a year has gone by, and you're all the wiser and mature for having gone through the experience. It just seems darker than a foggy night in the moment.

It's very likely that nurses will be this generations soldiers. She has so much to be proud of already, she's got to keep going.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,363.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had been through such a time. There wasn't a human to comfort me. I spent that little time I got for myself to be alone with God and listen to the Book of Psalms audio bible and some worship songs which gave me immense comfort, strength, rest, peace, and encouragement to get through. It was fruitful and worth it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi,
I am male 32 and shes a female 30. During this pandemic I understand a lot of medical care workers are going through a lot of stress.. My girlfriend is one of them. She had a panic attack at work and she told me she doesn't know if she can handle this anymore. She is extremely sad, tired, confused, stressed and all of the above.

I feel hopeless.. I cook for her and drop food at her house, pray for her, talk with her on the phone every night. I do not know what to do or say. It is really difficult for me because I want to cheer her up but I can't. Please help me.... I want to lift up her spirits but I just feel hopeless....

Regards,
Larry

God is looking forward to seeing everyone again. This is why people of faith have hope.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @larryman210, first off, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

I will pray that the Lord will see your girlfriend though this extremely important and stressful time in her life, and that He will help you know how to be even more of an encouragement and help to her than you already are.

I see that you are a Christian. Is she a Christian also? If so, some of these verses and quotes may prove to be helpful/comforting to her .. Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 40:31, 41:10, 43:1-2; Jeremiah 29:11; Romans 8:28.

Also, here is a short video that may be encouraging to her as well. It's an excerpt from a sermon that was given a few years ago at Dallas Theological Seminary (by the pastor whose face and quote you see below in the graphic in my signature line) called Trust God. (Pastor Swindoll's quote, the one below in my signature line, is something that she may want to consider and remember during these times too)

Finally, here are the Christian quotes I mentioned. Most are by missionary/author Elisabeth Elliot, the last two however are by theologian/pastor Charles Spurgeon (with a Scripture verse in between). Hopefully she will find one or more of these to be helpful and/or comforting as well :)

"Leave it all in the Hands that were wounded for you"

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances"

"Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering…. The love of God did not protect His own Son…. He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son."

"God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to."

"You are loved with an everlasting love, that's what the Bible says, and underneath are the everlasting arms."

The Bible tells us that there was never a time in eternity past, even before we were born, when God did not love those of us who were to become His own children.......

Jeremiah 31
3 I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.
............nor will there ever be such a time, now, or forevermore :amen:

"Everlasting love shall be the pillow for my head this night." ~Charles Spurgeon

"I've learned to kiss the waves that throw me up against the Rock of Ages." ~Charles Spurgeon (Romans 8:28)

God bless you (and her)! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
p.s. - please tell her not to despair, that the Lord is watching over her, and that we are praying for her, for her health and safety and peace, and that we are thankful for her, for all that she is doing to help, comfort and save the lives of the sick and dying, especially during this present crisis.

Lamentations 3
21 This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
22 The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness.
24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him.”

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We're not going to feel good, ourselves, and can't make anyone else feel good (if we're not bullying them or something), my mum was in a bus, and another (full) bus in front of theirs got splintered by a bomb, she didn't tell the story in more detail than that. Being there somehow and helping attend to basic concretes are the thing that is really important. And pray for her nerve as well as her survival fit and for providings for her.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Regards,
Larry
well I know you don't want to hear this, but maybe nursing is not for her. God endows us each with supernatural gifts of the spirit to empower our life callings. If she is living in stress at work every day and having panic attacks, maybe nursing is not for her. There are many medical tech jobs that don't involve nursing with just a few classes. I firmly believe where God naturally calls us, we won't be living in stress every day. I was in managment in my job for awhile and it gave me so much stress. Then God provided a good stable union job in a technical field. And I love it, absolutely. Stress is Gone, I even make more money. I just had to wait for that God given opportunity. But again when we are doing what God has called us to do we will be naturally inclined to do it. And naturally gifted, it won't be hard, we will "be a natural at it." This may just be the pandemic, but if she was stressed a year ago at the same job, and had panic attacks years ago when there was no pandemic, then she is probably not in the right field.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Regards,
Larry
Welcome to the forum in Jesus name.

This needs posting on the Prayer Wall for prayer support.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Regards,
Larry
If she gets sick; they recommend plenty of fluids- gatorade.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had been through such a time. There wasn't a human to comfort me. I spent that little time I got for myself to be alone with God and listen to the Book of Psalms audio bible and some worship songs which gave me immense comfort, strength, rest, peace, and encouragement to get through. It was fruitful and worth it.
The Psalms are a wondrous resource.

Upvote 0