Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because of the way Gigabyte reacted to this, I've decided to leave them out of any future builds. I will also recommend to other builders I know to do the same. No confidence in a manufacturer who will not own up to a failure, or worse blame the builders and users of their failing product.

• Informative
Reactions: Pop D.

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welp, there go both my favorite motherboard manufacturer and PC component store. Anyone know of any good alternatives? Not Asus, I've yet to get anything from them that wasn't badly defective since they were bought out back around 2011.
For the last ten years I have been using bequiet! (a German company) for power supplies, CPU coolers and cases. For motherboards and GPUs, it varies. I check out authentic customer reviews and tests from reliable sources for the motherboards and GPUs I'm interested in.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Welp, there go both my favorite motherboard manufacturer and PC component store. Anyone know of any good alternatives? Not Asus, I've yet to get anything from them that wasn't badly defective since they were bought out back around 2011.

Really you like gigabyte over ASUS? Interesting, I've had the opposite experience over the last like 30 years. Gigabyte motherboards causing me problems and ASUS bring mega reliable. I've been buying from ASUS strictly for many many years because they make fantastic products.

When it comes to PSUs though, Corsair cannot be beat. Seriously, all their PSUs come with a ten year warranty and generally last longer than that. It took almost 15 years of constant use for my tx850 to finally explode on me. Only problem is though, thanks to covid they're mega rare and expensive. At least for a good one. A titanium rated PSU is almost $400 now (I paid $204.99 for mine pre covid) just... ridiculous.

I wouldn't stop buying from Newegg because of this though. I think the problem is more cheaply made PSUs than it is Neweggs fault. Generally they're pretty reliable when it comes to buying the latest parts at cheap prices.

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian

I've only ever bought ASUS boards, and apart from the occasional RMA (which would happen at that rate with any company) I've never ever had an issue with them. I've had way more dead Gigabyte boards than ASUS.

As for power supplies, I usually stick with Cougar or CoolerMaster. Had a couple of Corsairs that seemed fine.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For motherboards, Asrock has done right by me so far.

• Informative
Upvote 0