Gifts of the spirit, walking with Jesus.

Alexpro

New avitar picture.
Site Supporter
May 11, 2016
San Antonio
Visit site
✟70,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe when we walk with Jesus, (in the spirit) we become more spiritual and gain more gifts of the spirit; for example, if you fast and pray in tongues, you will open your spiritual sight, and God will let you see into the spirit world. When you live a life of fasting, you become more spiritual.

The devil copies everything from God, and that's why witches fast, and so do monks and non-believers; they do so to gain spiritual power.

Fasting is mentioned throughout the Bible. Jesus went on a 30-day fast. Daniel fasted, King David use to go and pray and fast regularly. It's mentioned throughout the Old and the New Testament.

I know for a fact that we have a mass exodus in the Church. We're living in the Era of the Apostate Church, and the great apostasy is the concept of Christianity.

Last edited:

Sal Robinson

Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2018
castle hill
✟100,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I love what you said about the devil copying God, because by copying God, he can deceive us by creating counterfeit versions of activities and tasks God has God us to.... the counterfeit copies of the devil always feed our selfish desires and our sinful ego, leading us away from God

great point!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We need to be speaking in tongues more often (I Cor 14:15, I Thess 5:17, I Cor 14 18).

The manifestation of spiritual gifts are given by the Spirit of God. I believe in giving more credit to God and His Word regardless of what's being done in the world.

"another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues;..." I Cor 12:10

The divers of tongues is 1- a message of tongues with interpretation (edifies the church and often given in the church I Cor 12:10 , I Cor 14:5 ) and 2- prayer language (I Cor 14:14-15). These have numerous purposes such as edifies believers, magifies God (Acts 10) All tongues can be interpreted (I Co 14:13).

Tongues are a sign - To unbelievers By believers (I Cor 14:22 and Mark 16:17) So that means any believer can speak in tongues which is given to them by the Holy Spirit.

"Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues." I Cor 14:39

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alexpro

New avitar picture.
Site Supporter
May 11, 2016
San Antonio
Visit site
✟70,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love what you said about the devil copying God, because by copying God, he can deceive us by creating counterfeit versions of activities and tasks God has God us to.... the counterfeit copies of the devil always feed our selfish desires and our sinful ego, leading us away from God

great point!
The devil has counterfeited all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Speaking in tongues and prophecy have become big issues in the Pentecostal denomination. Everybody is prophesying blessings over each other, fake miracles and the whole prosperity gospel movement took over the church. I don't want to offend anyone.

Upvote 0

Alexpro

New avitar picture.
Site Supporter
May 11, 2016
San Antonio
Visit site
✟70,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We need to be speaking in tongues more often (I Cor 14:15, I Thess 5:17, I Cor 14 18).

The manifestation of spiritual gifts are given by the Spirit of God. I believe in giving more credit to God and His Word regardless of what's being done in the world.

"another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues;..." I Cor 12:10

The divers of tongues is 1- a message of tongues with interpretation (edifies the church and often given in the church I Cor 12:10 , I Cor 14:5 ) and 2- prayer language (I Cor 14:14-15). These have numerous purposes such as edifies believers, magifies God (Acts 10) All tongues can be interpreted (I Co 14:13).

Tongues are a sign - To unbelievers By believers (I Cor 14:22 and Mark 16:17) So that means any believer can speak in tongues which is given to them by the Holy Spirit.

"Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues." I Cor 14:39
I love speaking in tongues it brings so much peace and healing to my soul. Speaking in tongues is a powerful gift and there are diverse kinds of tongues like mentioned in 1 Cor 12-10.

I sang in tongues before, it is a truly heavenly language only God could understand unless you have the gift of interpretation. I don't want to start an argument about speaking in tongues. I really like this post.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums