Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we attended a pentacostle church for a year we wanted to learn more about the Holy Spirit yes I have been in my word on this so much and all I get is to be cautious this particular church I feel was very fake loving judgemental and showy recently visited church seems to practice the gifts yet in a more to me Biblical manner most services are Bible teaching and don't mention any tongues,healing, and so on. Yet the pastor did say the "evidence of tongues" which I do not see as Biblical It says some will receive one gift some another.pastor also said that if we have a physical ailment we might need to check our Spirit- there are all kinds of reasons I have a problem with that mostly that Christ did not heal everyone every time they wished. I will say that in any other church I weep, am overjoyed, sometimes goosebumps yet at these Holy Spirit teaching churches ( strong point here I have been epileptic for 30 plus yrs I am controlled with men's yet have frequent what they call mini seizures or auras unnoticeable to others)at these services I often become lightheaded and woozy dizzy I am thinking it probably isn't of God and I don't belong there as He would fill my body with peace not seizure feelings tingly not coldI think so how do I learn more?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
how do I learn more?
Talk to your doctor about these feelings. Are they a natural reaction to an emotionaly charged service?

Then talk to your pastor and get his view point.

If God is going to heal you, he'll make that clear to you one way or the other.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
High emotions and stress can trigger seizures. If you're uncomfortable maybe try somewhere else. Continue to study on spiritual gifts though. Always remember, whether one speaks in tongues or not, whether one prophesies or not, ultimately it doesn't matter. Those will cease regardless whereas our salvation is eternal and has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not one believes that tongues and the rest of the charismatic manifestations are still a thing of today or not. Just do what you feel is right in your heart and let God guide you.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi and God Bless you for your hunger and thirst for His Truth....the gifts of the Holy Spirit are specific types of the supernatural power that He manifest THROUGH us as willing vessels....it is not us....it is the anointing of the Holy Spirit in us and through us....people who try to make these gifts operate at their will are in err of falsely representing the Holy Spirit.
I use this study often to help others understand....
God has given us spiritual gifts for many purposes. Ultimately, all of these gifts have been provided to equip us to glorify God.

The gifts of the Spirit were given “for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect [complete, mature] man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . speaking the truth in love, [that we] may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ” (Ephesians 4:12–13, 15).

To Manifest God’s Presence in the Body of Christ on Earth
Jesus is our perfect example; He exemplified all the spiritual gifts through the words He spoke and the actions He carried out. Since Jesus is now at the right hand of God the Father, the Holy Spirit is the primary manifestation of the presence of God on the earth. Thus our heavenly Father distributes the gifts of the Spirit among the members of His Body, so believers now glorify God through those gifts.

“Since the Holy Spirit is the one who shows or manifests God’s presence in the world, it is not surprising that Paul can call spiritual gifts ‘manifestations’ of the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 12:7). When spiritual gifts are active, it is another indication of the presence of God the Holy Spirit in the Church” (Grudem, page 639).

One of the Spirit’s “primary purposes in the new covenant age is to manifest the presence of God, to give indications that make the presence of God known. And when the Holy Spirit works in various ways that can be perceived by believers and unbelievers, this encourages people’s faith that God is near and that he is working to fulfill his purposes in the church and to bring blessing to his people” (Grudem, page 641).

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
we attended a pentacostle church for a year we wanted to learn more about the Holy Spirit yes I have been in my word on this so much and all I get is to be cautious this particular church I feel was very fake loving judgemental and showy recently visited church seems to practice the gifts yet in a more to me Biblical manner most services are Bible teaching and don't mention any tongues,healing, and so on. Yet the pastor did say the "evidence of tongues" which I do not see as Biblical It says some will receive one gift some another.pastor also said that if we have a physical ailment we might need to check our Spirit- there are all kinds of reasons I have a problem with that mostly that Christ did not heal everyone every time they wished. I will say that in any other church I weep, am overjoyed, sometimes goosebumps yet at these Holy Spirit teaching churches ( strong point here I have been epileptic for 30 plus yrs I am controlled with men's yet have frequent what they call mini seizures or auras unnoticeable to others)at these services I often become lightheaded and woozy dizzy I am thinking it probably isn't of God and I don't belong there as He would fill my body with peace not seizure feelings tingly not coldI think so how do I learn more?

I am just learning about these things myself but the books by Rick Joyner helped me to understand my very gifted wife and her friends from her church.

Upvote 0