• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Gift giving

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by GaelSong, Jun 27, 2006.

1. GaelSong

GaelSong gaelstrom

+2,302
    Non-Denom
    Married
    AU-Greens
    I have a friend at church who is living on the bread line and when her birthday came up recently I bought her a nice gift of soap and talc. Ever since she has been avoiding me. I don't know if I overstepped the mark or not but wanted her to have something nice. What do you think? Was it an inappropriate gift or is she just uncomfortable with receiving gifts.:scratch:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AngelDove1

AngelDove1 Guest

+0
    God bless your heart.
    You ment well.Maybe shes just ashamed of where shes at in her live.

Don't let this stop you from showing your friendly love and caring heart.

3. TheDag

TheDag I don't like titles

+248
    Christian
    Single
    with all due respect the only person who can answer your question is your friend. I have had some friend who have been worried that I've stepped over the line. After talking to my friends things were cleared up and we were able to get on well again. Maybe if you are both single she thinks you mean to be more than friends and she doesn't wish to encourage that at the moment. You just need to make sure you raise the subject in a tactful way without making accusations and hopefully things will be cleared up. They won't clear up unless you talk to your friend. I'm sure you meant well and that is great but sometimes other things happen which cause people to mis-interpret your actions.

4. GaelSong

GaelSong gaelstrom

+2,302
    Non-Denom
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Gosh, Dag, I hope my motives weren't misunderstood. We are both happily married! I think maybe I'll have to say something to her, I have always found her to be very devout and humble.
    And thanks for the encouragement, AngelDove. I won't let this stop me from being generous to the next person that comes along...sigh...

5. wonderwaleye

wonderwaleye Well-Known Member

+143
    Christian
    Married
    Dear Xxkingskidxx

Maybe she thought you where suggesting she STINKS!!!

You NEVER know whats in a persons mind if you don't communicate.

Talk to her and ask if she is avoiding you and if so WHY???
    Let her know you think a lot of her and miss her company!!!

JUST REMEMBER:

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
    ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

6. Robskiwarrior

Robskiwarrior Regular Member

+8
    Seeker
    Married
    lol thats the first thing I thought of when I read it :)

Best to have a chat with her eh?

7. silentpoet

silentpoet Contributor

+366
    Nazarene
    US-Others
    I agree with much of the advice. I have never had much success with reading minds, so I have to ask people.

8. GaelSong

GaelSong gaelstrom

+2,302
    Non-Denom
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Thanks for the advice people....my mum always buys me a ton of soaps and other stuff like that for my birthday and it does me more than a year...maybe she thinks I stink too LOL...I was just trying to be kind, now have to tell her she smells ok anyway LOL

9. AngelDove1

AngelDove1 Guest

+0
    [​IMG]your an angel...:thumbsup:

10. DIANAC

DIANAC Senior Veteran

+647
    Baptist
    Married
    Very perceptive!

11. DIANAC

DIANAC Senior Veteran

+647
    Baptist
    Married
    That is so funny!
    My MIL is famous for giving her daughters and granddaughters gifts of soap, powder, antiperspirant, etc. It's a motherly thing to do. Obviously, there are gifts we can give our family that can be misunderstood by anyone else.
    However, when you see that lady, just ask her if she liked your choice of soap. Tell her that this is your mother's gift of choice. DO NOT discuss body odors with her.
    I am still laughing.
    Diana

12. beehoney

beehoney Pressing toward the mark

+658
    Christian
    Married
    :thumbsup: Very tactful Diana.

13. GaelSong

GaelSong gaelstrom

+2,302
    Non-Denom
    Married
    AU-Greens
    thanks everyone, boy, next present I give will be a box of chocolates even if the person is overweight! :eek: LOL

14. wonderwaleye

wonderwaleye Well-Known Member

+143
    Christian
    Married
    Dear Xxkingskidxx

L O L

YOUR A SWEETHEART!!!

I BET YOU WILL!!!

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
    ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

15. TheDag

TheDag I don't like titles

+248
    Christian
    Single
    Can I be the next recipient of a gift from you then please pleeeeeease!
    I like chocolate!

16. GaelSong

GaelSong gaelstrom

+2,302
    Non-Denom
    Married
    AU-Greens
    no problem dag;) ^_^