Sep 24, 2004
✟50,702.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I have a friend at church who is living on the bread line and when her birthday came up recently I bought her a nice gift of soap and talc. Ever since she has been avoiding me. I don't know if I overstepped the mark or not but wanted her to have something nice. What do you think? Was it an inappropriate gift or is she just uncomfortable with receiving gifts.:scratch:

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
with all due respect the only person who can answer your question is your friend. I have had some friend who have been worried that I've stepped over the line. After talking to my friends things were cleared up and we were able to get on well again. Maybe if you are both single she thinks you mean to be more than friends and she doesn't wish to encourage that at the moment. You just need to make sure you raise the subject in a tactful way without making accusations and hopefully things will be cleared up. They won't clear up unless you talk to your friend. I'm sure you meant well and that is great but sometimes other things happen which cause people to mis-interpret your actions.

Upvote 0

GaelSong

gaelstrom
Sep 24, 2004
✟50,702.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Gosh, Dag, I hope my motives weren't misunderstood. We are both happily married! I think maybe I'll have to say something to her, I have always found her to be very devout and humble.
And thanks for the encouragement, AngelDove. I won't let this stop me from being generous to the next person that comes along...sigh...

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
xxkingskidxx said:
I have a friend at church who is living on the bread line and when her birthday came up recently I bought her a nice gift of soap and talc. Ever since she has been avoiding me. I don't know if I overstepped the mark or not but wanted her to have something nice. What do you think? Was it an inappropriate gift or is she just uncomfortable with receiving gifts.:scratch:
Dear Xxkingskidxx

Maybe she thought you where suggesting she STINKS!!!

You NEVER know whats in a persons mind if you don't communicate.

Talk to her and ask if she is avoiding you and if so WHY???
Let her know you think a lot of her and miss her company!!!

JUST REMEMBER:

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Reactions: DIANAC
Upvote 0

GaelSong

gaelstrom
Sep 24, 2004
✟50,702.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Thanks for the advice people....my mum always buys me a ton of soaps and other stuff like that for my birthday and it does me more than a year...maybe she thinks I stink too LOL...I was just trying to be kind, now have to tell her she smells ok anyway LOL

Upvote 0
A

AngelDove1

xxkingskidxx said:
AngelDove. I won't let this stop me from being generous to the next person that comes along...sigh...

d7be0ce9.gif
your an angel...:thumbsup:

Reactions: GaelSong
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DIANAC

Senior Veteran
Jan 10, 2005
New York
✟8,511.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is so funny!
My MIL is famous for giving her daughters and granddaughters gifts of soap, powder, antiperspirant, etc. It's a motherly thing to do. Obviously, there are gifts we can give our family that can be misunderstood by anyone else.
However, when you see that lady, just ask her if she liked your choice of soap. Tell her that this is your mother's gift of choice. DO NOT discuss body odors with her.
I am still laughing.
Diana

Upvote 0

beehoney

Pressing toward the mark
Sep 30, 2005
✟32,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DIANAC said:
That is so funny!
My MIL is famous for giving her daughters and granddaughters gifts of soap, powder, antiperspirant, etc. It's a motherly thing to do. Obviously, there are gifts we can give our family that can be misunderstood by anyone else.
However, when you see that lady, just ask her if she liked your choice of soap. Tell her that this is your mother's gift of choice. DO NOT discuss body odors with her.
I am still laughing.
Diana
:thumbsup: Very tactful Diana.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
xxkingskidxx said:
thanks everyone, boy, next present I give will be a box of chocolates even if the person is overweight! :eek: LOL
Dear Xxkingskidxx

L O L

YOUR A SWEETHEART!!!

I BET YOU WILL!!!

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums