• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Giants

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by Kim777, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Kim777

Kim777 New Member

+0
    Face your giants with GOD !

Lately, I seem to be thinking about the story of David and Goliath. This story is so encouraging to me. I doubt that I will ever face a human giant in my lifetime, but there are some things that are giants in my life.

For some people their giants are: premarital sex, alcohol, drugs, just sin in general. For other people, certain pressures are more hindering than others, but the matter of the fact is this, satan knows what our biggest giants/weaknesses are. He will use that giant in your life to wear you down, discourage you, and hopefully and eventually try to have you turn your back on God. There is only one way to overcome it, and that is to jump on Team God.

Make war on your knees, and read God's word. Always remember that we can do all things through Christ. Even at our lowest or weakest point, we need to turn our eyes upon Jesus. Seek His face, and we will find many things. Everything from peace, joy, comfort, and most of all victory.

I carry a card with me at all times, when I am facing one of my giants I pull it out to remind me of Christ, it says: Without Christ I am nothing, but with Christ I am everything. He makes me who I am. I am just glad I have found victory in Jesus, time and time again.

Phillippians 4:13 (KJV)  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+11
    WOW! Preach to me Kim. I have a giant on my back which has turned into a thorn in my flesh and I know I will never get rid of it, but by the grace of God I will live with it and survive.

Phillippians 4:13 (KJV) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Yes! Amen!

3. BigEd

BigEd an adopted child of God

+3
    Christian
    Married
    Amen! The Lord can conquer all!

4. eldermike

eldermike Pray Supporter

+578
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Amen! It seems strange that the way to kill a giant is to go to your knees, but it's the only way.

5. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+11
    Bump

6. carmen

carmen Active Member

+1
    Thanks for the encouraging post.

7. sbbqb7n16

sbbqb7n16 Veteran - Blue Bible Dude

+155
    Christian
    Single
    John 3:30- "He must become greater, I must become less."

8. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+11
    Now that is profound!

9. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    Face your giants with GOD !

How true this has become the last couple of weeks in my life. I had gone through serious stuff and one morning I just feel so weak and defeated. Sitting on my bed I suddenly realize that I am not saved to be defeated and I know that my enemies are laughing at me. The moment when I decided to take my giant on I receive my victory.