Apr 7, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟19,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So many of us Aussies (and our international guests who visit us) post in the Aussie Forum. Some of you I've gotten to know in the past year or so I've been posting here, others I rarely cross paths with. So lets get to know each other a bit better :)

1. Name:
2. Where do you live:
3. What do you do for a living:
4. Four things you like about yourself
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe
6. An interesting fact about yourself
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us :)

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
lozzie said:
Kate/Katherine/Katie
lozzie said:
2. Where do you live:
QLD
lozzie said:
Uni student working at a deli
lozzie said:
My wrists, my ankles, my eyes (sometimes) and my collarbones. LOL I'm weird.
lozzie said:
Hmm. Probably my denim shorts. Or my ruggers.
lozzie said:
I can stop hiccuping on command.
lozzie said:
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us :)
That your faith, your actions and your beliefs are between God and yourself - nobody else. You don't have to answer to, or justify your actions to anybody but Him.

Upvote 0

lozzie

Just me...
Apr 7, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟19,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
1. Name:
Lauren aka Loz

2. Where do you live:
In the St George area of Sydney

Full time student, I work part time in an Anglican school OOSHC (outside of school hours care), and hope to do some casual/subsitiute teaching this year

I chose the number four cause it was question number 4.
* My eyes.. I like their colour and shape :D
* My ability to laugh at myself when I do stupid things
* I have a crazy watch mark/tanline
* That I am always learning new things about myself

I could say my 3 island dresses from Vanuatu but I'd be lying.. although i love them in the sense of memories from the people who gifted me with them.

My favourite piece of clothing is my UOW jumper.. its a black hoodie which is comfy and you can snuggle up nice and warm in it in winter :)

I'm terrified of dragonflies.

7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us
:)
If I do not seek him then I can loose touch with Him. So when I don't read my bible, or I dont pray, or I don't worship him, then I loose touch, just as you do with any friendship when you dont talk/listen/write to that friend.

Upvote 0

winglovesall

Apr 26, 2005
✟18,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Name:
Wing
2. Where do you live:

Brisbane

High school student

Well, yeah, I'm not quite sure but I never give up on serving/loving others.

A blue T-shirt

I'm an early morning person - I never wake up after 7am even during the holidays. The earliest last year was 12am, the latest last year was 6: 30am.

Be positive, stay positive, have faith

Upvote 0

Lil'_Miss_Princess_Aimz

Sep 20, 2005
sydney,australia
Visit site
✟30,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
1. Name: Amy.. aka Aimz.. lol. go figure??
2. Where do you live: atm i live in Port Mac, but i am moving on thursday to sydney so i can study at uni... so ill be living around the Shire.. lol
3. What do you do for a living: hmmm... bum around.. lol. nah, uni an i hope 2 get a job down there soon too..
4. Four things you like about yourself. ummm.. i like my eyes, my capabilities to make friends easily, my teeth (pretty much perfect.. lol) an my ability to comprehend tasks easily
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe umm.. prob my pj's which are little red shorts with 2 white stripes down the side (from supre.. shock horror.. lol) an a black singlet top
6. An interesting fact about yourself ummm.. can crack basically any bone in my body.. an i have double-jointed elbows and one ankle.. weird hey? lol
:) u have to learn to trust in God.. not just say that u trust him... altho putting ur faith in him may be hard, it is so much more rewarding then not doing it.

Upvote 0

KristianJ

What's in a name? Letters...
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney, Australia
✟35,788.00
Faith
Christian
1. Name: Kristian
2. Where do you live: Cranebrook, NSW
3. What do you do for a living: A bit of study and working part time at Koorong in Penrith
4. Four things you like about yourself:
- My goatee (because I think it makes my face look a bit thinner)
- My freckles (although I used to hate them...and I also need to keep a keen eye on them because I don't want any of them to turn into something cancerous)
And besides that, I'm not sure whether there's anything I really like about myself per se...
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe: I have a few semi-dressy collared shirts that I enjoy wearing.
6. An interesting fact about yourself: I performed in a national musical theatre production when I was 10...only as part of a children's choir, not in a starring role.
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us: Patience is often worth while - trusting in God and his plan will always prove more beneficial than trying to set your own terms.

Upvote 0

HotToast

Laughmaster
Aug 29, 2005
✟19,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Name:
Cassandra

2. Where do you live:
Perth

Teach

What if you can't think of 4?
1. My independant nature.
2. My crazy SOH.
3. The fact that I have never had to diet. (I guess stricly speaking that is something I like about M&D's genes, rather than myself).
4. My endorphins (sorry I couldn't resist that one).

My jeans

I love dragonflies, they are like my goodluck charm. (Why are you scared of them Lozzie?)

:)
I think that he is trying his hardest to teach me patience at the moment :D .

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Name: Glynnis

2. Where do you live: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada (look me up!)

3. What do you do for a living: I'm a hotel housekeeper

-my singing voice
-my eyes
-my talent with a sewing machine
-my earrings!

5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe: my best jeans, my red leather boots! I had to pick two, because they look smashing together.

6. An interesting fact about yourself: I'm left-handed

7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us: learn the great freedom to be found in true forgiveness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Name:Janine
2. Where do you live:Canberra
3. What do you do for a living:Spongeing off my husband (LOL) no what I really do is full time domestic engineer working for my masters in human development and relations (masters being my 2 kids and husband lol)
4. Four things you like about yourself Don't often give up, and the ability to leap tall buildings. Can't think of any more today.
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe A denim skirt which is really really comfy and doesn't make me look like I am still pregnant. (I really have to lose some kgs)
6. An interesting fact about yourself I am known as an extrovert but if given the choice I would lock myself in my room for the day (preferably if it is raining outside too) and read in bed. Now that would be bliss.
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us No matter what you want to do it's no good if God doesn't want you to do it. And nothing is too small to ask God for because he wants what is best for us in the end anyway.

Upvote 0

skinnybrad

Australia's own Christian punk kid with attitude
Sep 6, 2004
Brisbane Australia
✟17,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
1. Name: Brad aka Skinnybrad
2. Where do you live: Brisbane
3. What do you do for a living: currently looking for a job as a teachers aide
4. Four things you like about yourself im open, im loud and im crazy and all things can change if someone needs to talk to me
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe my skinnybrad shirt
6. An interesting fact about yourself im known in the United States now
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us that you can change and no matter what your testimony is its never wrong or boring

Upvote 0

KrazyPhish

Dead in the water...
Aug 30, 2004
A Kiwi living in Australia
✟18,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
1. Name: Elizabeth
2. Where do you live: Auckland, moving to Melbourne in 5 days (booyah!)
3. What do you do for a living: I sponge off my parents :p
4. Four things you like about yourself: I'm creative, I have good teeth (not with out orthodontic work :p...), I like my pale skin, I like being short:p
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe: I'm so materialistic :( the past few days I've been trying to fit my life in to 2 suit cases! It's just not happening, I like my stuff! Back to the question: It's tie between my Black suede knee high boots, which I haven't gotten a chance to wear yet coz it's summer and the necklace my best friend gave me today as a going away present:cry:
6. An interesting fact about yourself: Elizabeth is my middle name
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us: God doesn't always give you a yes or no answer to your prayers some times he just says "wait"

Upvote 0

eternal_flame_1988

Mar 10, 2005
In a small part of Gods creation of Earth
✟429.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Liberals
1. Name: Casey
2. Where do you live: in SA's southeast rite now, but I'm movin 2 adelaide next weekend for uni
3. What do you do for a living: I work a couple of jobs...school swimming instructor/vacswim instructor/lifeguard
4. Four things you like about yourself: I like my taste in music, my personality, the colour of my eyes and the fact that I am a christian
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe: I don't know...i love jeans :)
6. An interesting fact about yourself: I won a trip to Paris when I was eight
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us: That having 'favourite bands, singers or actors' is wrong because it is idolisation

Upvote 0

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Name: Kathryn, but everyone calls me Kat, Kate or Katie
2. Where do you live: NSW
3. What do you do for a living: Student ~ Yr 11
4. Four things you like about yourself: (well things I have been told)

~ I am always around if my friends need a shoulder to lean on
~ My eyes
~ My ability to laugh at the stupid things I do (there are lots of them :p)
And I am not sure about anything else.
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe I have 2, my jeans and the brown top I bought last week, I love it!
6. An interesting fact about yourself I want to go to uni and study psychology
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us: No matter what others say and think about you, it doesnt matter. God will always love you and never give up on you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
1. Name:
Jessica

2. Where do you live:
Carlingford, NSW

um, well, i just fired myself so i'm currently unemployed.

creative, interested in a lot of things, family oriented, not interested in fashion

uh, hard to say, they're all casual stuff.

sometimes, (or most of the time when i don't feel like doing anything), i think too much.

7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of us If only i could fully rely on Him and trust Him to light my path, then i wouldn't have too many things to worry about.

Upvote 0

jedgpz

Sep 30, 2005
Victoria Australia
✟552.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1. Name: Trevor
2. Where do you live: Mildura Vic
3. What do you do for a living: Pastor
4. Four things you like about yourself: My humour, being thick skinned, i still have hair ;) , kind
5. Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe: hmmm written by a woman ;) - purple shirt
6. An interesting fact about yourself - Married with 4 kids and currently restoring a 67 mustang in my spare time
7. Something God has taught you that you'd like to share with the rest of
us : It is not faith untill you are on the water

Upvote 0

lozzie

Just me...
Apr 7, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟19,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
jedgpz said:
6. An interesting fact about yourself - Married with 4 kids and currently restoring a 67 mustang in my spare time
When I was a child I thought families with 4 kids were rare... yet there are heaps out there :)

My boyfriend and I are both from 4 children families :D

Upvote 0