• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Getting this off my chest

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Several years ago my mom and I moved to California. She wanted to move because of family and because my grandma has ALS. She complained about our home state. My Mom admits she's depressed. She says moving has ruined her life, she hates her life, and feels there nothing she can do.

We also moved because we thought disability services would be better in California; they're worse.

I feel stuck in the middle of it. I can't drive to get away from it. Her mood is making my depression flair up too. I am crying a lot or anxious and irritable. I am also recovering from a bout of serious pneumonia that left me hospitalized.

I've been trying to empathize with her for the past three years. I suffer the same loneliness. My patience is running thin.

The obvious answer is move home. We bought a house here and mom is spending a lot of money to have it fixed so moving back may not be feasible. And we may not be able to get disability services again in my home state.

I've talked to God about this a lot but it isn't helping. I am asking my therapist for advice when I see her next. She is open to seeing a free counselor offered through churches but has yet to go. She says meds don't help.

That is the most frustrating thing; a loved one knowing they need help but not taking the necessary steps to get it.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have no answers for you apart of please do not give up pray on. God's cycles run just over 3 and 1/2 years you are almost through one i see so await this time and see what happens. Depression sucks it robs us of our faith in God's love and of our hope that is my experience with it. please look at Jesus not yourself or your mum.

Please don't let anyone frighten you depression is bad enough as it is.

peace

To God's Depressed Child,

To think less of yourself then God's own
Brings you much pain and suffering.
Your worth is an incredible high price
Also for you did Jesus die on the cross.

Depression is also what devil's lies brings inside
letting a low-self-esteem your good life rob
Untruths roaming freely through heart and mind
Evil lies extinguishing all happiness and fun.

His loving truth brings you His good life
While to believe lies brings pain and grief
So hold onto the promises Jesus made to you
and don't let Satan your good life squander.

Take hold of God's precious loving truth.
A life in Him stays safe from lies that hurt.
Jesus' truth will comfort your bleeding heart
Lovingly remaking your fallen life anew.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0