• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

getting settled in a new church

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I left a very small group of 4 people and now I'm in a bigger church. If you have changed churches, how long did it take for you to feel "settled"? I joined a ladies group and another class In Jan since I first started going in Nov.
What interested you in this new church?

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
more of a body of believers, to make new friends, be involved in activities stuff like that it's close to what I believe
The deeper you immerse yourself, the more settled you will likely become. Invite them into your home starting with the Pastors. Hospitality is a great way of showing brotherly love. Also, give yourself to diligent prayer for the church and its ministry.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
my husband has no real desire for church tho he's saved. same with my daughter. kind of a challenging situation at the moment
Do you know why your husband doesn't find church attendance important?

Upvote 0

kkamagwi

Feb 3, 2019
South Chungcheong
✟16,767.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I left a very small group of 4 people and now I'm in a bigger church. If you have changed churches, how long did it take for you to feel "settled"? I joined a ladies group and another class In Jan since I first started going in Nov.

Why did you leave the 4? Your leaving took a major chunk out of that small group.

Anyway, it takes me about a month to get settled in a new church. My advice is to get involved as much as is reasonably possible for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lady O

Mar 1, 2018
Ohio
✟18,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you were drawn to the small family-like group because it satisfied things you didn't get at home?
As far as settling in to a new place, I would try to remove all time restraints, and remove all expectations, so you don't set yourself up for disappointments. Let God do His work in you, and that will happen by spending time with Him and reading your Bible, regardless of where you are. Let that be your focus. God will show you in due time what He has in store.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you were drawn to the small family-like group because it satisfied things you didn't get at home?
As far as settling in to a new place, I would try to remove all time restraints, and remove all expectations, so you don't set yourself up for disappointments. Let God do His work in you, and that will happen by spending time with Him and reading your Bible, regardless of where you are. Let that be your focus. God will show you in due time what He has in store.
Yes and No. It was a lot about their family. Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0