Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven't, but in every community there are battered women's shelters and most have outreach programs that could benefit you. If you can't find the phone # for yours, ask your police department or United Way for it, they should have it.

Upvote 0

MG

Choosey Moms Choose Life
Apr 21, 2002
Florida
✟932.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Sindy. I am very new here but I wanted to chime in on your post. I normally like to just grab a chair and listen to the hum-hum of conversation around CF :)

Do you belong to a church family? There are support groups that center around your situation. Surrounding yourself with safe people, having someone to confide in (God in the flesh) and becoming active helps. You have something to offer other women....EVERYONE needs to talk about their hurts and it is an awesome thing to look a woman in the eye and say "Me too."

Set your eyes on above and healing will take place.

YSIC

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yes, I have indeed been there

I also lost a child to an abusive husband. I stayed with him for far too long because I thought that is what a good wife should do. Keep secrets and keep the road ahead of him as smooth as possible so he won't get angry. Living like that makes you feel like such a zero, like you are not worth being happy.

I got out and found another guy too. The transition is not easy, but a loving guy will be patient and help you heal. As with probably all second marriages, there will be times when you will compare the new guy's behavior to the old guy. Sometimes he will get mad and you will be afraid, even though you know he won't hurt you. The thing to do is to be COMPLETELY honest from the beginning.

The scars will fade, and sometimes in the future you will remember something and it won't hurt. It's like when you go from a hot sweaty outside into the air conditioning: you remember how awful the heat was but you are so comfy and cool that it doesn't matter as much.

Give it time, let your fiance know how you feel, and always keep the Lord close. He is watching and taking care of you and is blessing you richly. You are gonna be ok, sis. :)

Reactions: Messenger
Upvote 0

OracleX

Healer of Broken Hearts
Jan 17, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟9,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I do not have an abusive marriage (thank God), but I did spend many years growing up in one. It took nearly 15 years before God delivered me from the hate, anger and rage that it had built up in me. As a child I went through some horrible things at the hand of my father, but God showed me forgiveness, peace and love. God can heal your wounds but wounds like that usually take time to heal. The thing about going through tough times is we are like a bone, when it gets broken it hurts - a lot - the healing process can take a long time depending on how it was broken. But in the end after it is healed, the chances of it being broken again there are very slim. God does not allow us to go through tough and hard times just for the sake of it, there is a purpose and there is a plan. Because of all the things I went through as a child I have been able to help others that were going through the same thing. Not only that, if those things wouldn't have happened I probably would not have learned forgiveness, love and patience as profoundly as I did. God burned off a lot of stuff that did not belong in my life and has made me in to a better person. The refining process doesn't always feel good, but in the Masters hands we can be asured of hope in the end product.

God bless and I will keep you in my prayers.

Upvote 0