Getting nervous.. I'm a new christian, where should I read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juno

Mar 25, 2004
✟115.00
Faith
Christian
Hi. This is my first post, looks like a great forum :) I've been a christian for six months now, I'm 17. In half a year I'm going to an audition for a Music Conservatory, and about 5 guitarists of 70 seekers comes in. Needless to say that's pretty hard :| I'm playing in a worship band and I've recently prayed much over education, and found out that this is the right thing to do for me. I have a little problem though, when i play in worship bands and other concerts i rarely get nervous. But when I play for highly educated people under pressure like this audition, i tend to be _very_ nervous. Is there anywhere in the Bible saying anything about this, what should I really do?

Apollonarius

Mar 10, 2004
New Orleans, LA, USA
✟209.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi Juno,

Welcome to CF! We'd so happy to have you!

i am a guitarist as well, and from my experience i can tell you that all you do in worship, do it as a personal prayer. If you need to, visualize yourself as the only one in the room; turn it into a private prayer and offering to our awesome Lord! Just let Him consume you in all things.

It makes no difference who you're playing in front of. You're praying to and for the Lord, not for them. Just close your eyes and enjoy praising His Name. That's always worked for me.

Besides, most Christians wouldn't be checking your fretting anyway! :)

May Christ's Love ever be with you! Maranatha!

In His Light,
Apollonarius

Upvote 0

christian-only

defender of the rebirth
Mar 20, 2004
✟1,017.00
Faith
Christian
I suggest reading the book of Hebrews, not because it relates to your problem per se, but because it is good to read to really get a good understanding of what salvation is, and of Christ's priesthood. Many people go for years not understanding some of the most basic doctrines of the Christian faith because they have not read this book. Now, there is something in it that may deal with your problem as well:

In Heb 8:4, Paul says "For if he (Jesus) were on earth, he should not be a priest..." Why is that? Heb 7:14 tells us, saying "For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood." The silence of Moses concerning priests being able to come from any tribe other than Levy meant automatically that no one from any other tribe could be a priest. The silence of Scripture has authority, so much so that God Himself, if He were on earth right now could NOT be a priest. If God Himself subjects himself to the authority of His silence, how can we not do so? Has God said to play instruments of music in the church? The apostles "spake nothing concerning" it, therefore, it ought not be done.

Upvote 0

Juno

Mar 25, 2004
✟115.00
Faith
Christian
thanks alot for your answers, my friends. Not only have you given me some answers for my problem, but you have also inspired me to read more in the Bible, and thats a good thing :clap: ;) I read the Hebrews and Philippians 4, this is just great.. I feel really happy tonight (the time is 03:15 here ;)) but I just want to say thanks.. I feel how my life and character changes, not because I feel I have to, but because I want to be more like Jesus.. Just to encourage all christians reading this, Remember what a wonderful promise we have in Jesus..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.