Jesus is the true vine...
Nov 29, 2003
A Sunny Isle~Singapore
✟549.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm a teacher in college for around 2 yrs now. I entered this trade with plenty of aspirations and full of passion, because I know that it's God's will for me and a chance for me to serve God through serving ppl. But after 2 yrs, I find that it's very difficult for me to fulfil God's purpose in my life. The passion is lost and every day I just hope that it will get by fast and wishing that my teaching contract will end soon (still 3 yrs to go).

Since started to teach, the school curriculum time and many other activities (not at all related to teaching), eroded me of the time to spend with God and my family. Family wasnt really understanding. Parents questioned me of my returning home late and going back to school even on sundays. I have to wake up pretty early in the morning and have been dragging my body to work. Waking up become a major chore.

Things dont get better in school. For the first year, I was full of zeal. Not now....colleagues take advantages of me, throwing me with many other chores that I'm not supposed to do. students discipline is getting out of hand (students nowadays are really different from my time...) school expects more of you in more than just teaching, Judging the effectiveness of your teaching by seeing what you contribute to the school outside school hours (my payslip is based on this...how much i do for the school, and that exclude teaching my subjects). Alot of things are affected badly in my life.

What should I do? how to rekindle the passion? I feel hopeless at time...

Its great that I am having my two weeks vacation now...at least have some times to reflect.

Warrior Poet

A Legendary Outlaw
Jun 25, 2003
Sunny SoCal, In a city named after a fruit. Cake.
✟17,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Bottom line if you want your students to have fun you need to start having fun. Both my parents are teachers my mom teaches College as well actually teaches at several colleges, as well as grade school my dad teaches first grade so I know teachers have it rough...the good one have it real rough. My dad left the 6th grade level cause he didnt have fun anymore, and it was dragging him down, he wanted to have fun and still teach. I think you need to get back to the core of what made you WANT to teach and then find new and different ways to impliment that.....ciriculum has to be followed but there is always a way to bring it to life....bottom line when you have fun again...it will be fun again. That will carry over to your home life your spirtual life and your personal life.........we arent on this earth long enough to not always be having fun.

:)

Warrior Poet

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Warrior Poet does have a point about making it fun for the students to intrigue them to get more involve in education.

I am a more pastoral person. So my advice is that you should prepare yourself first. Prepare spiritually to be able. Then you can be mentally and physically able for the job. What I mean is that you should spend time with the LORD. God answers prayers!!! Believe it! Prayer is powerful.

I noticed the lack of my desire to pursue biblical knowledge and I prayed about it. It was awesome that God really answer me. It was just like one morning I wake up feeling such joy to learn about Him and feeling like the burden and pressure of education is gone. I felt light.
Then after praying for that joy, you should pray for God to provide you ideas to be creative in serving Him in reaching your students and collegues.

Upvote 0