Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My priest decided to speed up catechesis and go forward with it due to us moving states next week. I am in the military and have orsers to leave. There was a period where he wasnt sure if I should just get catechized in my next location but he moved forward with it.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My priest decided to speed up catechesis and go forward with it due to us moving states next week. I am in the military and have orsers to leave. There was a period where he wasnt sure if I should just get catechized in my next location but he moved forward with it.
Godspeed! and again, the Chrismation of you and your family is indeed wonderful news.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello everyone! Next week my wife, kids and I will be Chrismated. I think I started inquiring 7 months ago.
It’s been 8 years since my chrismation and it was one of the best moments of my life. Glory to God!

May it be equally momentous. And may God grant you many years.

Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only seven months? It took me over a year to be fully brought into the church. Congrats, though!

As mentioned before my priest moved forward with it because I am leaving, but to be fair Ive been fascinated with Orthodoxy for 7 years, 2 of which I secretly became a seeker and finally started inquiring.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
As mentioned before my priest moved forward with it because I am leaving, but to be fair Ive been fascinated with Orthodoxy for 7 years, 2 of which I secretly became a seeker and finally started inquiring.

I was coming in from a background where my exposure to Christianity was pretty minimal. Plus my priest wanted to ensure I wasn't going to be one of those converts who joins, is zealous for a couple years, and then leaves.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all. I have to change my user name here again as through the Priest and I discussed and have concluded that my saint name shall be Moses after St. Moses the black.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Thank you all. I have to change my user name here again as through the Priest and I discussed and have concluded that my saint name shall be Moses after St. Moses the black.

Choosing a patron saint is the tough part! I eventually settled on St. Maria of Paris myself.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone! Next week my wife, kids and I will be Chrismated. I think I started inquiring 7 months ago.
May God have mercy on your soul!

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations! Many years.

It was about 17 months for me from first hearing about Orthodoxy and inquiring to my baptism this past Theophany. My wife and kids so far have not expressed interest in following me (though my wife has come to Divine Liturgy with me several times).

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0