US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is often a lot to be cut through in our life. And there is often a lot to be cut out. Deeper Fellowship with the Lord is always like that I have found. To go on with Him requires getting to what is essential. Suddenly there is the Lord. Suddenly we see everything the way it should be seen.

I have often wondered what David was going through when He wrote Psalm 131. It could have been many things in his life. Or it could have been a panoramic contemplation of them all. There were many of course. He was a man who had his ups and downs. He also had his successes and great falls. He was not a perfect man by any stretch. But He was a man who always tried to right himself, come back to the Lord, and get to the heart of that which He really needed to know.

I think that is why Psalm 131 has always meant so much to me. There was a period in my life where it was manna for me for quite some time. O lord my heart is not haughty nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me. There was something being worked out in David's life." O Lord this thing is too high for me. I will never be able to fathom all the mysteries of your ways. I will never be able to understand every detail. There is a thousand rabbit holes I can go down from this point. A thousand ways I can veer off course. But there is only way that is essential. Let me see the things that are necessary and let me leave the rest. Show me the way O Lord that I may get to the heart of that which is truth, to that which I really need to know."

Imagine for a moment if that verse alone was fulfilled in all of our lives today, In all of Christianity, how different the state of things would be. What if the Holy Spirit was allowed to come in to the fullest of that which He could be? Imagine if He was given room to cut to the chase of everything that needed to go, everything that needed to be brought to the light, everything we as His people needed to know, to be brought to everything we needed to be.

Imagine for all those suffering this morning. For all those in some difficult hard place. In those backwaters of anguish, those quandaries where it seems the wheels have come off, where everything is swirling, spinning. What if then we are made to know as it should be known. What if then He cuts to the chase and allows us to see that which we should see. There is something He wants to get at there. There is something in that enigma of yours you are to find out. There is the potential for great growth there, great gain. The cost is mighty, but the prize is so worthy dear friend.

Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul. Like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel hope in the Lord from this time forth and evermore. He has seen something here. There has been a breakthrough. When everything was swirling it seemed so impossible to see. But now there is nothing more He needs to know. He has seen what He needs to see. The thing that matters most. The things that truly should be seen. He has left the rest. He certainly doesn't understand all. But He is a weaned child now. He is not crying out, throwing a temper tantrum for milk. Something has happened here. He sees the way through. He's on solid food now. He sees the way. He picks Himself up and walks on with the Lord. He has come to know that which is really essential.

Prayer: I pray these words precious Lord would resonate with at least some. I pray some would sit quietly with you today and allow you to come in. Not in some limited way dear Lord. But in the way in which you would desire to come in, to give you full access to speak that which you wish to speak. And when they do. I pray your Spirit would resonate in their Spirit, reverberate through and through. Breaking them free of all the darkness, breaking them free of all the confusion, allowing the sunlight of your Holy Spirit to come shining through. I pray you would speak to the innermost place of their heart. In ways only in which you can do. That they would know that they know. That they would come up out of that place afresh and anew. Something would have happened. They would see it as they never have before. Everything would be still. Everything would be quieted. They would be strengthened. The way would be made clear. They would never be the same. In your strength they have pushed through. In Your precious Name.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was at a beautiful restaurant when I knew that somehow I was to meet the Lord in a peculiar way. Well nothing spectacular happened except an exceptional waiter made my day for me. That should have been expected from that restaurant tho for I had really splurged. Yet I went back there and that time it was changed to resemble a dirty sports bar and I left before being served.

That was a long time ago but it came to mind this morning because of some rough things I've been going thru. I believe that the waiter really enjoyed his evening at work that night and in that same sence it's important for me to enjoy my menial tasks in serving the Lord. Whether or not I know that there will be a reward at the end of it all.

• Prayers
Reactions: Brad D.
Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's often like that isn't. Some simple thing, some simple act of kindness from long ago comes somehow to be just the thing the Lord uses to bring to our memory now. It's amazing what He uses sometimes. I believe those most dear to His heart are also often like that. Stuck in obscurity somewhere, in nothingness, but every day rising to be obedient to Him. That means something to Him. I am sure of it. The waiter has probably long ago forgotten anything about that night, but you haven't. And neither does I believe the Lord forget all those things that seemed meaningless to us, but were done in love for Him.
Perhaps that is why He uses something so simple to come back to mean so much.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's often like that isn't. Some simple thing, some simple act of kindness from long ago comes somehow to be just the thing the Lord uses to bring to our memory now. It's amazing what He uses sometimes. I believe those most dear to His heart are also often like that. Stuck in obscurity somewhere, in nothingness, but every day rising to be obedient to Him. That means something to Him. I am sure of it. The waiter has probably long ago forgotten anything about that night, but you haven't. And neither does I believe the Lord forget all those things that seemed meaningless to us, but were done in love for Him.
Perhaps that is why He uses something so simple to come back to mean so much.
He used that remembrance to teach me a great lesson, enough to soothe my soul, as the psalm goes. I needed to be reminded that no matter what, it was all for Him, He is Who is being served , as Jesus taught that we are not here to be served but to serve. When He comes He will serve us. So in that remembrance was much edification, for me at least, when I needed it most.

Rather than complain I just need to keep enjoying fellowship in remembrance with Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad D.
Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He used that remembrance to teach me a great lesson, enough to soothe my soul, as the psalm goes. I needed to be reminded that no matter what, it was all for Him, He is Who is being served , as Jesus taught that we are not here to be served but to serve. When He comes He will serve us. So in that remembrance was much edification, for me at least, when I needed it most.

Rather than complain I just need to keep enjoying fellowship in remembrance with Him.

Very True. A Good Reminder for me as well as I fight through some things of late.

Upvote 0