✟8,843.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, i miss the city.
But PA is so hilly wherever you live - i lived in Pgh - the hills are like small mountains so either i would get a great workout and probably have to walk the bike up or have great legs from pushing the bike up by pedals.
Tho - i did live for a while in a basically less hilly spot [in Pgh] - less hilly if i wanted to shop at a convenience store. But grocery shopping - there was a hill. Our home now is surrounded by hills in the rural. So if i ever lived in a flat area - i would definitely want to trek out the bike to hop to the store.

Never had that pleasure. But i did ride a lot in Pgh in our valley area on our street.

Central Oklahoma has a surprising amount of hills for a state renowned for being almost as flat as Kansas. The city I lived in was built on either side of river in what was a "valley" of sorts, so it was pretty flat. The city had also made a concerted effort to build flat and level streets since it only popped up in the 1890's.

It was nice to ride their though because you could just leisurely cruise at a good speed with little effort.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sarcalogos Deus said:
Central Oklahoma has a surprising amount of hills for a state renowned for being almost as flat as Kansas. The city I lived in was built on either side of river in what was a "valley" of sorts, so it was pretty flat. The city had also made a concerted effort to build flat and level streets since it only popped up in the 1890's.

It was nice to ride their though because you could just leisurely cruise at a good speed with little effort.

I live in the Arkansas river valley on the Oklahoma border. If you're familiar with the area then you know the kinda hills we have around here. In fact I live in an area called fianna hills! Fortunately, the places I go are mostly flat with gradual inclines.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I figue that some businesses have a some sort of thing that allows them to know if a person just bought some item so that when one logs onto the internet, ads for something similar are shown. Has happened when my husband purchased boots for everyone, happened when I bought a skirt for myself. IMO it can be annoying, but I guess it's harmless...even a bit humorous.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ok..the internet is watching me...since I listed my bikes here, I'm now getting ads for the newest model Specialized Roubaix when I log in. Interesting.

Did you happen to do a search for bikes while posting here?

Generally, searches, especially Google Searches, keep track of what you've been looking at.

I get all kinds of ads for books of religious and history genre, because I'm often searching for a particular book.

Jim

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Did you happen to do a search for bikes while posting here?

Generally, searches, especially Google Searches, keep track of what you've been looking at.

I get all kinds of ads for books of religious and history genre, because I'm often searching for a particular book.

Jim

Nope, just posted the make and model in a previous post here. I don't mind, though, that the ads that I'm seeing are becoming more relevant (at least some of them)

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I bought a new Schwinn Sidewinder about 15 years ago. It was a hundred dollars & change. The bike is still going strong, never required any maintenance or tire changes. I ride (average) 1-2 times a week. Lots of rides close to the beach, taking some sand & salty winds.. it's been on probably 1000 reliable rides. The bike has benefited from indoor storage, but still reliable & awesome.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Im getting me a bicycle this week. Gonna use it to exercise and get around short distances. Anyone else like to ride?

Not as much as I used to, but I have a Bianchi road bike. She's a beaut. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Freakin' dang it. Fooled by a zombie thread. :doh:

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Im getting me a bicycle this week. Gonna use it to exercise and get around short distances. Anyone else like to ride?
I have a bicycle, but I haven't used it in a while. One time I got overconfident and, trying to take a sip of coffee from a cup while riding, I crashed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums