• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

German Catholic Bishops Call for Change to Catechism on Homosexuality

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:51 PM.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+37,877
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    The bishop is the latest in a series of German prelates publicly calling for changes in the Church’s stance on homosexuality.

MAINZ, Germany — A German Catholic bishop has publicly defended his support for a book of blessings and rites for homosexual unions.

Bishop Peter Kohlgraf of Mainz also suggested that Catholics with homosexual inclinations cannot all be expected to live chastely and the Church should adopt a pastoral approach that acknowledges this.

“Quite a few people who have homosexual attractions belong to the Church and are truly pious in the best sense of the word,” Bishop Peter Kohlgraf of Mainz wrote in a column for his diocesan newspaper that was also publishedon the diocese’s website, with the headline “Don’t ignore science,” on Feb. 3.

“As to the demand for chastity: what does it mean from the perspective of people who experience same-sex attraction? I think that few of them would consider this demand as tactful and respectful, because — as the Catechism also knows — this inclination is not self-selected.”

Continued below.
    German Catholic Bishops Call for Change to Catechism on Homosexuality

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,050
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Can I stop living chastely too? Because I can't ignore science or something?

3. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+4,276
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    What about adultery? Should people be expected to remain faithful through the ups and downs of marriage?
    This bishop is obviously going against the teaching of God and should be reprimanded.

4. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+2,814
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    The Day of Judgement is approaching, rapidly.

5. Wolseley

+2,814
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    "The ultimate lesson is that science isn't special---at least not anymore. It's no longer a calling, it's a career. Science is as corruptible a human activity as any other. Its practitioners aren't saints, they're human beings, and they do what human beings do---lie, cheat, steal from one another, sue, hide data, fake data, overstate their own importance, and denigrate opposing views unfairly. That's human nature. It isn't going to change."
    ---Michael Chrichton, 2006.

6. Michie

+37,877
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Science has become a cult. I love science but it as stated above is extremely corrupt on many levels.

7. Wolseley

+2,814
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree, Michie. Science has been taken hostage by too many people pushing agendas; I think this cartoon sums it up nicely:

Science under duress.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 5:54 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Michie

+37,877
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    ??

9. Wolseley

+2,814
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    :) Had to do a quick edit---couldn't find the illustration I wanted.

I really need to clean out a lot of the junk on my computer.

10. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,297
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Come Lord Jesus

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  11. Stabat

Stabat Stat Crux, dum volvitur orbis Supporter

+7,687
    Denmark
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    How about excommunicating the entire german church? It would be fitting enough for all those *pretending to be protestant ministers clergy*. My answer to this "bishop" is: if you aint catholic why wont you bless us with your resignation?
    Go ahead please, just join some random sect of your own liking and leave the rest of us alone...

12. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,050
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Looks like some people are giving up being Catholic for Lent this year.

13. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+8,052
    Christian
    It is simple. Scripture shows us what’s expected .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. boughtwithaprice

boughtwithaprice Legend Supporter

+624
    Catholic
    Private
    We are all called to chastity. Sex is not a necessary function of the human body, and it is given to us by God for reproduction, not for sterile pleasure. As it says in 2Peter

[11] Whereas angels who are greater in strength and power, bring not against themselves a railing judgment. [12] But these men, as irrational beasts, naturally tending to the snare and to destruction, blaspheming those things which they know not, shall perish in their corruption, [13] Receiving the reward of their injustice, counting for a pleasure the delights of a day: stains and spots, sporting themselves to excess, rioting in their feasts with you: [14] Having eyes full of adultery and of sin that ceaseth not: alluring unstable souls, having their heart exercised with covetousness, children of malediction: [15] Leaving the right way they have gone astray, having followed the way of Balaam of Bosor, who loved the wages of iniquity,

[11] "A railing judgment": That is, they use no railing, nor cursing sentence; not even in their conflicts with the evil angels. See St. Jude, ver. 9.

[13] "The delights of a day": that is, the short delights of this world, in which they place all their happiness.

I wish bishops would teach the faith, rather than trying to appeal to the world. Their responsibility is for souls, not the pleasures of the world. It all started back in 1968, when Canada went against Pope Paul VI. They should have been excommunicated due to the Winnipeg statement. We are bearing the fruit of the acceptance of contraception in the world