Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bishop Helmut Dieser of Aachen in Germany said the Church teaching on sexuality is “under-complex.”

Dieser said the Church can no longer teach homosexual people should remain celibate.

“Homosexuality is – as science shows – not a glitch, not an illness, not an expression of a deficit, and by the way not a consequence either the original sin.”

Dieser also said that if two homosexual woman wanted a child baptized, he would do it.

“What’s the problem, I ask. Where’s the problem now? Hating people – that’s fundamentally against the gospel.”

He also explained the Church better be “a reminder of the basic understanding of democracy” with regards to the war in Ukraine.

“When a world power like Russia starts a war like this against a weaker neighbor, it initially makes diplomacy impossible.”

In June, an openly gay priest who was elected a Franciscan Superior in Germany said that the way Catholic sexual morality “has been officially taught up to now, it does not serve life. It has to change or evolve.”

Pray for the Catholic Church in Germany!

German Bishop Says Church Teaching on Sexuality Is Wrong | uCatholic

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟437,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So St Paul needs torn out now?
Jesus said ONE man and one woman... needs torn out now.
Yes Wolseley ..

and how many times [I forget] I saw in dreams satan saying he was coming while sitting in the pews at Mass. Or by the Holy Water fonts.
I remember praying the Our Father immediately on these occasions in my dreams.

Sword of the Lord you made me laugh through my tears, despite it not being funny, it helped my sobs stop for a minute.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟437,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
FWIW my deacon where I used to live is a psychologist nurse professor and said the mental health text books still consider homosexuality as a disorder.
Nothing has changed... well meaning but so lost folks are gaining momentum. :sigh::crossrc::crossrc::crossrc: PRAY PRAY PRAY.

From what I know and see, there are tons of different mental disorders, we help people in the Church lead holy acceptable lives, not cover it up and pretend it's not a serious offense to the Maker.

AS it is, our souls may have to do time purging... we ought not add to the offenses and or lose souls. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟437,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
German bishop: Homosexual ‘attraction’ and ‘lovemaking’ not an ‘aberration’

'We cannot give homosexual people the answer that their feelings are unnatural and that they must therefore live celibate lives. As a Church, we have to answer these questions in a new way,' said Bishop Helmut Dieser.

Continued below.
German bishop: Homosexual 'attraction' and 'lovemaking' not an 'aberration' - LifeSite
I'm reminded of something I heard long ago...
That people would go to heck in a hand basket and be carried away by those who were to help them avoid it.

I'm trying to remember...:scratch:
Rusty memory is all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,233,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
German bishop: Homosexual ‘attraction’ and ‘lovemaking’ not an ‘aberration’

'We cannot give homosexual people the answer that their feelings are unnatural and that they must therefore live celibate lives. As a Church, we have to answer these questions in a new way,' said Bishop Helmut Dieser.

Continued below.
German bishop: Homosexual 'attraction' and 'lovemaking' not an 'aberration' - LifeSite
Who was it that appointed this guy a bishop? Who was it that ordained him a priest? Where did he go to seminary? Looks like there have been at least three epic fails here before this guy’s epic fail statement.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟437,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We really need to pray for these bishops.
They're under a greater attack.
Prayers for protection from evil and heresy is necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Ave Maria
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
link said:
The German prelate claimed that “the science” would show that homosexuality is “not a mishap, not a disease, not an expression of a deficit, nor, by the way, a consequence of original sin"

"Then I may also accept a diversity in the area of sexuality that is willed by God and does not violate the Creator’s will"

"Same-sex attraction and lovemaking is not an aberration, but a variant of human sexuality.”

This guy is at the very least a heretic, if not an outright apostate.

link said:
The German prelate said that the German bishops want to ask Pope Francis to change the catechism on this matter, as the heterodox Synodal Way has called for.

He's going to have to more than change the Catechism---he's going to have throw out his Bible, Old and New Testaments both. Sacred Scripture has more than enough solid references to the sinful and aberrant nature of this behavior, and whether he likes it or not, all the Church is doing is stating the Word of God.

So when he blathers about how "the science" says something in opposition to the Bible, he is worshipping a false god. Maybe he can start his own church, and since he likes "the science" so much, he can use Masters & Johnson as his holy text. He can even have his own "holy trinity": Alfred Kinsey, Harvey Milk, and Ellen DeGeneris. :mad:

• Agree
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums