✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

The runner who slapped a TV reporter’s behind is a local youth minister who claims he wants to “correct the situation” — while the journalist on the receiving end of his hand says he “hurt me, both physically and emotionally.”

Tommy Callaway was identified as the Savannah, Ga., 10K racer who slapped WSAV-TV anchor Alex Bozarjian, after online sleuths found him thanks to his race number shown in other photos.

Callaway is a youth group leader at his church, Pittman Park UMC, as well as a Boy Scout leader, according to Heavy, based on social media sites that he quickly took down as he was outed and banned from future races.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about the others making faces and gestures behind her? Maybe this guy saw that and took it one step too far. I donno, in this day and age you can't do such things even if it is just a prank.

But on the other hand, it just reminds me what a world of the chronically offended we are. In my day ya would have just walked it off. Makes me think of the old pain/face scale,

upload_2019-12-10_18-51-32.jpeg

My generations 10 is the current gen's 2

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Let’s see, not a real Christian, Only Human, momentary lapse of reason, the Devil made him do it, he has repented and is forgiven, oh the list goes on and on.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
What about the others making faces and gestures behind her? Maybe this guy saw that and took it one step too far. I donno, in this day and age you can't do such things even if it is just a prank.

But on the other hand, it just reminds me what a world of the chronically offended we are. In my day ya would have just walked it off. Makes me think of the old pain/face scale,

View attachment 268242

Molesting and assaulting women (or men) isn't a "prank".

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

View attachment 268242

You sound like someone who is sad the days of freely molesting women are gone.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LINK

The runner who slapped a TV reporter’s behind is a local youth minister who claims he wants to “correct the situation” — while the journalist on the receiving end of his hand says he “hurt me, both physically and emotionally.”

Tommy Callaway was identified as the Savannah, Ga., 10K racer who slapped WSAV-TV anchor Alex Bozarjian, after online sleuths found him thanks to his race number shown in other photos.

Callaway is a youth group leader at his church, Pittman Park UMC, as well as a Boy Scout leader, according to Heavy, based on social media sites that he quickly took down as he was outed and banned from future races.
Eww. Anyone who dared touch me like that would get a quick instinctive response, probably catching the hand and a stare down. It was completely inappropriate.

Keep your hands to yourself, whoever you are and in whatever capacity.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 268242

I definitely would have responded to this, even on the air, and called him out, describing him.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Let’s see, not a real Christian, Only Human, momentary lapse of reason, the Devil made him do it, he has repented and is forgiven, oh the list goes on and on.

Or my favorite, "we are all sinners".

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
LINK

Shameful. Absolutely shameful. Unfortunately not surprising.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LINK

Well when your role model is Trump . Can you really blame him. At least he didn't vagina grab her and try to force his tongue down her throat.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well when your role model is Trump . Can you really blame him. At least he didn't vagina grab her and try to force his tongue down her throat.

He would never do that! He was aiming for a personal best time in the 10K.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You sound like someone who is sad the days of freely molesting women are gone.
As a firefighter, we were standing on the sidewalk after a building inspection when a young woman walked by and patted me on the butt. We all looked at her, then at each other, then chuckled and went about our way. That was the end of it.

Yes, I was wrong. I should have taken great offense, and let it scar me for life. Then I should have made an international scandal out of it, and I should have ruined her life because of it.

The moral is, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

And as long as we keep looking for ways to be offended, we will find them.

As per wit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
As a firefighter, we were standing on the sidewalk after a building inspection when a young woman walked by and patted me on the butt. We all looked at her, then at each other, then chuckled and went about our way. That was the end of it.

Yes, I was wrong. I should have taken great offense, and let it scar me for life. Then I should have made an international scandal out of it, and I should have ruined her life because of it.

As per wit.
I find your silly story pretty much lacking in anything of meaning whatsoever. Basically you are an enabler of rape culture.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I find your silly story pretty much lacking in anything of meaning whatsoever. Basically you are an enabler of rape culture.

Indeed, since oftentimes when a woman is raped, one of the big reasons the rapist only gets smacked on the wrist (even if that) is because his "life would be ruined" by the "no big deal" thing that happened. She should apparently just suck it up and move on. Wow, when you think of it that way, women ought to feel grateful when it's only a friendly whallop (er "pat") on the butt...... :scratch:

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

As per wit.
The thing about the this attitude is that it is so rife with ignorance as it does not even consider a woman’s experience. I too have been sexually harassed as a man while running, it was odd to me and I went about my day.

In contrast, most women experience what happened to you often. Many of them are catcalled on a daily basis, men follow them home, some of them are groped (as seen in this story). Your experience is not comparable and it is ridiculous if you to dismiss sexual assaults of women based on your one-time experience.

Upvote 0