Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bounty called for Zimmerman's arrest. So, in retrospec, Zimmermn is entitled to the money since he turned himself in.

I wouldn't argue against that.

Interestingly, the NBP leader who issued the warrant has been arrested on unrelated gun charges.

"The New Black Panther Party Leader, Hashim Nzinga, who issued the $10,000 bounty for Zimmerman's capture last Saturday, was arrested on Monday, according to Reuters, at the office of his probation officer. Mr. Nzinga was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm."

Nice! I like to see idiots get a little karma thrown back at them.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We believe in Jesus, they crucified him and never had a charge. They never charged, wasn’t no crime on his indictment. So we’ve got to deal with the inequities of the criminal justice system. The fact that we (black people) are overly-incarcerated, the fact that we go to court and are treated differently, and the fact that when we’re victimized there is not the same response. That’s what Trayvon was about.
~Sharpton

“We live in the middle of an American paradox, We can put a black man in the White House but we cannot walk a black child through a gated neighborhood. We are not selling out, bowing out or backing down until there is justice for Trayvon.”

“This is not about a hoodie, it’s about racial profiling, We will use our marching feet, civil disobedience and every weapon in our non-violent arsenal until justice is served.”
~Jackson

I agree with every word

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
You have any evidence otherwise?

Thought not. :wave:
So then I take it you personally saw Martin pound Zimmerman's head on the pavement?

I thought not.

Kinda like my telling that my great aunt Gertrude told her sister Penny that she knows RFK had sex with Marilyn. When Penny told my Mom that and Mom passed that info to me, well... It has no value. I don't pay attention to hearsay evidence. Such a shame that many do.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't pay attention to hearsay evidence. Such a shame that many do.
LOL ... seems more than a little ironic that you claim to pay no attention to hearsay evidence when hearsay evidence is the only thing propelling your own argument.

Know what I mean, Stamperben?

The police had insufficient evidence to arrest Zimmerman the night of the shooting ...

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Not playing moving goal posts with you, Stampy. I'll just head you off at the pass:

I'll know how outraged I am when I know how many black people were on those flights.
~Sharpton about 9/11

White folks were in caves while we were building empires…. We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and those Greek homos ever got around to it.
~Sharpton

That's all /ethnic slur\ wants to talk about is Israel. Every time you go to /ethnic [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]\town that's all they want to talk about.
~Jackson

Now, back on topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
LOL ... seems more than a little ironic that you claim to pay no attention to hearsay evidence when hearsay evidence is the only thing propelling your own argument.

Know what I mean, Stamperben?

The police had insufficient evidence to arrest Zimmerman the night of the shooting ...
Well, since I didn't have Travon's side of the story I went with the facts that I found that were presented. Know what I mean?

BTW, just what IS my argument? Are you basing that statement on the original thread from weeks ago where I called out Zimmerman for "hunting down" Martin? I'll stand by that, based on how I understand the facts of how hunting happens. Matter of fact, since then I've seen others in these threads make that same comparison. Another BTW for you is it has nothing to do with anyone's race, religion or sexual orientation.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The bounty called for Zimmerman's arrest. So, in retrospec, Zimmermn is entitled to the money since he turned himself in.

Interestingly, the NBP leader who issued the warrant has been arrested on unrelated gun charges.

"The New Black Panther Party Leader, Hashim Nzinga, who issued the $10,000 bounty for Zimmerman's capture last Saturday, was arrested on Monday, according to Reuters, at the office of his probation officer. Mr. Nzinga was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm."

Actually sounds fair to me.

Fair and fitting. Can't think of a better way to slap the face of those putting a bounty on him than to give it to Zimmerman.

If that happens (which I doubt) I have an idea of what Zimmerman should do with it.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not playing moving goal posts with you, Stampy. I'll just head you off at the pass:

I'll know how outraged I am when I know how many black people were on those flights.
~Sharpton about 9/11

White folks were in caves while we were building empires…. We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and those Greek homos ever got around to it.
~Sharpton

That's all /ethnic slur\ wants to talk about is Israel. Every time you go to /ethnic [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]\town that's all they want to talk about.
~Jackson

Now, back on topic.

Bolding mine.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if 'we' will ever be able to get to having an open, frank dialog about race and race relations. Speculation, conjecture, and borderline animosity have been bounced around on numerous threads over the past months, but I am not sure if people want to get past this one case.

It feels like the elephant in the room that no one wants to directly address.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder if 'we' will ever be able to get to having an open, frank dialog about race and race relations. Speculation, conjecture, and borderline animosity have been bounced around on numerous threads over the past months, but I am not sure if people want to get past this one case.

It feels like the elephant in the room that no one wants to directly address.

The usual suspects have been drumming it up for decades.

I'm not ashamed to say that based on the reactions to this case, I'm happy to live in an area where the African-American population is less than 1%.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
... sigh ... even makes news internationally, while mainstream media here remains silent.

Trayvon Martin shooting: George Zimmerman's role of support and protection in community ravaged by burglaries and vandalism just before shooting | Mail Online

George Zimmerman's black roots: Trayvon shooter had a great-grandfather who was 'Afro-Peruvian', new report reveals
Zimmerman was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather.

And the whole of the human race came from East Africa.

Your point?

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not ashamed to say that based on the reactions to this case, I'm happy to live in an area where the African-American population is less than 1%.

Thank you for your openness and honesty. It is helpful.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
stamperben said:
So then I take it you personally saw Martin pound Zimmerman's head on the pavement?

I thought not.

Kinda like my telling that my great aunt Gertrude told her sister Penny that she knows RFK had sex with Marilyn. When Penny told my Mom that and Mom passed that info to me, well... It has no value. I don't pay attention to hearsay evidence. Such a shame that many do.

Well, I have Zimmerman's statement, an eyewitness statement, and physical evidence to support same. Moreover, I have testing under oath by the prosecutor's investigator that nothing disputes it. You on the other hand have nothing, just like the prosecutor, to dispute that account.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Panzerkampfwagen said:

As I recall, Jesse Jackson would agree with you

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

As I recall, Jesse Jackson would agree with you

Jackson agrees about what?
Quite honestly, I do not pay much attention to them. I actually found myself in opposition to them in my old city over an unfavorable bias.

Upvote 0