George W. Bush delivers pizzas to federal workers, calls for end to government shutdown

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
George W. Bush delivers pizzas to federal workers, calls for end to government shutdown
Former President George W. Bush delivered pizzas on Friday to federal workers who aren’t being paid but still on the job due to the ongoing government shutdown.

Bush posted a photo of him making the delivery on Friday afternoon on social media and called for an end to the shutdown.

“It’s time for leaders on both sides to put politics aside, come together, and end this shutdown,” Bush wrote.

The call to end the nearly month-long shutdown is notable, as Bush has gone out of his way since leaving office to stay out of the day-to-day political news cycle.
tulc(thinks that was pretty cool) :oldthumbsup:

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends...did he provide vegan alternatives? If not how insensitive.
Don't ask me, I actually like pineapple on pizza...and I've had people unfriend me over that. :sorry:
tulc(not a big pizza fan, but is a fan of people being kind to others) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I had my problems with his policies, but he is a stand-up guy. Well done President Bush!

Indeed. For better or worse, he loves the American people and did what he thought was best for them.

I don't agree with a lot of it, but can't doubt his intentions.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I had my problems with his policies, but he is a stand-up guy. Well done President Bush!

I have a lot of problems with the things he did as president, but here's something one of my students told me, that made me respect him as a man.

I had a student in her early teens, who has a grandparents in a wealthy suburb of Dallas. When she was visiting them, and alone with her younger sister, the sister had a medical emergency.

She called 911 and the operator said EMTs would be there quickly and asked her to go to a neighbor to find an adult to be with them.

She ran the next house and rang the bell. George W. Bush answered. She explained the situation, and he said, "Let's get back to your sister." He went over and stayed with them, until the EMTs arrived.

Not my favorite president, but he's a better man than I thought.

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) Trump certainly has changed that view.
I'll give him credit for that, he's also the first person who made me have some sympathy for the Queen of England. :wave:
tulc(promised he's point out when President Trump did something that changed his mind about something) :)

Upvote 0