George W. Bush: Bigotry and white supremacy are 'blasphemy' against the American creed

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bigotry and any kind of racial supremacy are indeed contrary to what the US is supposed to stand for.

Perhaps you can say this. But Republican party has been running racist Southern Strategy for a half century now and half the country support them. So in reality racism and racial supremacy is what USA stand for to many American citizen.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
01512aae24e4bf4ae555709c1d88fc126d5d8b9eb32ce60479a4b373f7ef692a

Haha. This from man who so stupid he think putting solar panel on remote wall is great idea. Think Mr. Trump need to look in mirror if he want to see someone like he describe.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you can say this. But Republican party has been running racist Southern Strategy for a half century now and half the country support them. So in reality racism and racial supremacy is what USA stand for to many American citizen.

Not if those citizens are even remotely objective and rational.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
2017: one big game of who can Virtue Signal harder. Harder, I say, and more publicly. And quick, before the New Puritans rush to shame you!
2017: The rise of apologism for racial terrorism because they're party of your voter base so you refuse to condemn the hatred you inflame. The cult that devotes themselves to such a leader dutifully ignores racial terrorism and advocates for it as just another view.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What I find dishonest is Bush claiming that a policy is bigoted or supremacist just because it is not what he prefers.

...depends on which policy he's referring to.

If he's referring to anti-immigration policies that have been proposed by Trump, then he's not claiming the policy is bigoted simply because it's not what he prefers...it's the other way around...he doesn't prefer it, precisely because it is bigoted.

What I find funny is when some of the same people that were comparing Bush to Hitler and calling for him to be impeached, saying he was a puppet of Chaney and vested interests, a cowboy with little intellectual ability etc. just a few years ago now quoting him as if they considered him to be some kind of wise moral authority.

Well, you have mainly the far-left democrats to attribute for that flip-flop. It was largely them claiming that he was just a redneck buffoon with an IQ of 80...

...but that's nothing surprising. Both sides of the political spectrum engage in these kinds of enemy-of-my-enemy politics these days.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to some posters, blacks, etc. cannot be racist.

I have heard some people make that assertion, and there are certainly people ignorant enough to believe that statement at face value. However. when some people espouse those ideas, context is everything. (and perhaps it's their fault for not explaining themselves correctly).

When I challenge them on that assertion, and demanding that they quantify their statements, I find what they're actually referring to is the systemic effects of racism with regard to disproportionately negative effects as a result of the racism.

To elaborate, there's no doubt that there are some whites who hate black people, and vice versa.

However, whites aren't very likely to suffer as a result of a black person hating them simply for being white. However, the same isn't necessarily true when it's going in the other direction.

For example, I've never heard of a white person being denied an apartment lease because the landlord was black and "wanted to keep a certain element out of the community". I've never heard of a white person being harassed by cops for "not being in the right neighborhood". You've never heard of "black flight" where a white person moves into a black neighborhood, and all of the well-to-do black folks in that neighborhood, fold up shop and move their residence and businesses somewhere else to get away from the "white element". (As the old Chris Rock joke goes "here comes the neighborhood") However, White Flight was most definitely something that occurred. You didn't hear of black leaders in the 50's & 60's purposely raising property taxes on white families just so they would lose their homes, and then turn around and sell the properties other black families for cheap, and then drop the property taxes back down once all of "those people" were gone.

So long story short (I know, a bit late for that after my ramblings above), when some people are saying things like that, what they actually mean is that whites hating blacks is more likely to have a real negative impact on the black community as where blacks hating whites is unlikely to have any systemic impact on us at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The South is no more racist than any other part of the country these days.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry Tallguy88 I was not saying it was. But that is name of strategy when I do research:

Southern strategy - Wikipedia
"In American politics, the southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans."

And I never hear Republicans complain about racist strategy party is using to win elections so only assumption is that racist strategy is good if it win elections.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
2017: one big game of who can Virtue Signal harder. Harder, I say, and more publicly. And quick, before the New Puritans rush to shame you!

What Trump has shown is that if you refuse to let them shame you, they have no plan B...

Yonny Costopoulis said:
And I never hear Republicans complain about racist strategy party is using to win elections so only assumption is that racist strategy is good if it win elections.

How do you argue with success?

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So now defending Nazis and KKK is OK?

I am sorry but I think these morals are very poor.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What Trump has shown is that if you refuse to let them shame you, they have no plan B...

How do you argue with success?
Yes. Trump has been very shameful and actually defended Nazis and KKK. And you are correct he feels no shame even for such a disgusting act. And you are also correct no matter how disgusting Trump behaves his base loves him.

So if no matter how disgusting and immoral a leader behaves his base still supports him what other plan is there? To go along with disgusting person's base and support this behavior? No thank you, my morals will not permit this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I have to disagree with you on that, having been born & bred in the South. Now, it does depend a lot on where in the South you live. We live in Atlanta now, it's a stark difference from the little peanut farming town I'd lived in when I was younger. I grew up hearing the n word routinely, hearing about that black man in the White House, etc.

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,007.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, you have mainly the far-left democrats to attribute for that flip-flop.
lol "far-left democrats"

Nobody on the far left is citing George Bush as a "wise moral authority." You're thinking of liberals. Most leftists have been wondering why liberals shower conservatives with praise just for saying the obvious or doing the bare minimum once in their lives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Trump has been very shameful and actually defended Nazis and KKK. And you are correct he feels no shame even for such a disgusting act. And you are also correct no matter how disgusting Trump behaves his base loves him.

Trump and his supporters aren't trying to win your approval. The most shrill voices against Trump are those from the press and the entertainment industry... and the saddest thing about them is that they honestly expect that they can even talk about morals without being laughed at. Yes, Harvey Weinstein cut out a big fat check for Hillary Clinton's campaign because Trump was so offensive to his morals...

So if no matter how disgusting and immoral a leader behaves his base still supports him what other plan is there? To go along with disgusting person's base and support this behavior? No thank you, my morals will not permit this.

Address the issues he raises with something with some semblance of a rational argument? Just a thought. Or continue with the self-righteous howls of moral outrage and see how well that works.

Remember that this was a President who would have been happy to issue another mass amnesty, and it was only congressional opposition within his own party that stopped him. It was the GOP's marginalization of Pat Buchanan in the 90's that made his ascendancy possible. Until it was time for someone else to come along...

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump and his supporters aren't trying to win your approval. The most shrill voices against Trump are those from the press and the entertainment industry... and the saddest thing about them is that they honestly expect that they can even talk about morals without being laughed at. Yes, Harvey Weinstein cut out a big fat check for Hillary Clinton's campaign because Trump was so offensive to his morals...
Nice use of deflection technique. Weinstein has nothing to do with Trump shameful behavior. Although they are similar in many ways.

Trump brags about his perverted Peeping Tom acts on naked women in beauty pageants. Trump brags about sexually assaulting women by grabbing their genitals. Of course there are many other incidents such as women coming forward and saying Trump was doing his perverted Peeping Tom act on naked children.

Donald Trump Walked in on Half-Dressed Teen Girls
Teen Beauty Queens Say Trump Walked In On Them Changing
Former teen beauty queens: Trump barged in on us changing
Donald Trump boasted about meeting semi-naked teenagers in beauty pageant

Isn't there term for people who do this sort of thing with children?

Upvote 0