• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

George W. Bush: Bigotry and white supremacy are 'blasphemy' against the American creed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Oct 19, 2017.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    George W. Bush: Bigotry and white supremacy are 'blasphemy' against the American creed

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,722
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Bigotry and any kind of racial supremacy are indeed contrary to what the US is supposed to stand for. People can be bigoted or racist or many other unsavory things. What I find dishonest is Bush claiming that a policy is bigoted or supremacist just because it is not what he prefers. What I find funny is when some of the same people that were comparing Bush to Hitler and calling for him to be impeached, saying he was a puppet of Chaney and vested interests, a cowboy with little intellectual ability etc. just a few years ago now quoting him as if they considered him to be some kind of wise moral authority. Politics certainly does make strange bedfellows and the enemy of my enemy is often considered a temporary friend. When Bush apologizes for bailing out banks, getting us into Iraq, and signing the Patriot Act into law, I will listen to something else he has to say.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Hieronymus

Hieronymus Well-Known Member

+2,965
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    ^ What he said.

4. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,681
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I see it as a problem when one cannot agree with someone on some views if they don't agree with them on other views.
    Basically that is the same as saying, my way or no way.

I agree with you on the three things you hold against Bush but that isn't going to stop me from commending him for what he said in this speech.
    It is no wonder the Congress cannot accomplish anything when this attitude of my way or no way prevails.

5. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,192
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Who knew he could be a less scarier president. Then the one we got now.

6. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,836
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    That's how much worse the Republican party has gotten.

Nobody should apologize for bailing out the banks. Doing that saved the rest of us from an even worse fate and everybody involved (on either side of the aisle) ought to be thanked for acting as quickly and as decisively as they did. The problem wasn't in bailing them out; the problem was in letting them get to that point in the first place.

7. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+7,108
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    "what has my party become?!" - many old school GOP politicians

8. Redac

Redac Regular Member

+932
    Catholic
    Single
    I wonder which "American creed" he's even talking about. Either way, this is peak virtue signalling, nothing more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. iluvatar5150

+19,836
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    eh... It's become the worst of every bad thing they've exploited over the last couple decades.

10. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+8,166
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I believe he's had these views throughout both of his terms. Yet only now do many on the left seem to believe them to be sincere.

11. grasping the after wind

+5,722
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Everyone ought to apologize for corporate welfare. You can believe,on faith alone, that some horrible fate would occur if politicians aren't allowed to prop up failed corporations if you like to, but I am not buying that prophecy because I do not believe in the honesty or objectivity of those that came up with it. From my perspective, insisting that only one course of action( the one they and their cronies profited from) could have staved off some looming catastrophe that we are just expected to assume would have taken place otherwise is simply the way a con man gets the mark to go along with fleeced.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  12. grasping the after wind

+5,722
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    BTW someone tell George that the US is not a theocracy.

13. iluvatar5150

+19,836
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    If you live off the grid or have somehow otherwise managed to remove from your life the influence of and reliance upon all the large and mid-sized corporations that utilize the banking that would've shut down, then maybe you've got a point.

Most people aren't quite so disconnected.

14. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    I believe it's more annoyance in how people who were setting their hair on fire over Bush now quote him when it pushes their narrative. Yeah, I have no qualms with what he said about white supremacy, but had he qualified it with any sort of racial supremacy, or called out racism in general, I highly doubt this would've gotten posted.

15. Hank77

+13,681
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    ??
    White supremacy is racial.

16. Rion

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    According to some posters, blacks, etc. cannot be racist.

17. Hank77

+13,681
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    OK
    I've never heard anyone say that.

18. Rion

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Linking to other people's posts can be considered 'flaming' for whatever bizarre reason, but basically it rests on the idea that racism = power + prejudice.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Hank77

+13,681
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Really. Well they are not very well versed. I have been on Native American reservations and outside the reservation been involved in common interests with them and I can tell you that some of them are quite racist and it had nothing to do with power.
    It's the same with some of the Latinos and Hispanics, they don't want their kid dating a white kid for no other reason than they are white.

20. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,877
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    [​IMG]