United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
George Floyd's brother criticizes violent protesters: 'Don’t tear up your town'

The younger brother of George Floyd is calling for the end of violent protests and riots that have escalated in the U.S. over the past week, according to a report on Sunday.

Terrence Floyd told ABC News he wants justice handed to the officers responsible for his brother's death, but as violent demonstrations are currently wreaking havoc in many cities across the country, he feels they are not what his sibling would have wanted.

"ometimes I get angry, I want to bust some heads, too," Terrence Floyd said. "I wanna ... just go crazy. But I’m here. My brother wasn’t about that. My brother was about peace. You’ll hear a lot of people say he was a gentle giant."

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
or if he's simply evil & cruel towards every race?

Probably the kind of cop that would show excessive force against any color he happens upon. I knew a few of these over the years while working for the City. Bragging about beating people up etc.. Ones with no love towards their fellow man.

I had long hair in the old days and once a group of us were talking with this cop and he started bragging about how over the weekend he dragged a long haired guy right out through his car window and beat him to the ground leaving him a bloody mess.

Like hey dude, I've got long hair.

Probably 5 to 10% of cops should not be cops but, as we know that probably carries over into every occupation.

M

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hear a lot of people say he was a gentle giant

That's a bit strong, given that this "gentle giant" once shoved a gun in some poor woman's stomach during a home invasion.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There are reports that some looting is organized by both right and left extremists
The extremists taking part in riots across the US: What we do and don't know - CNNPolitics
It's the most extreme of the polar extremes thatrun our body politic at work. The Antifa sorts do want more polarization. And they would be happy if they helped Trump win if that made things even more polarized. At some point the extreme left and the extreme right start looking very much alike. It's time to rediscover the middle. But neither big party in America is anywhere near the middle any more.

Minneapolis has been led by Democrats for decades. Hennepin County has been led by Democrats for decades. Minnesota has been led by Democrats for most of recent history. Why would there be tension in Minneapolis?

Reactions: shortangel
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Minneapolis has been led by Democrats for decades. Hennepin County has been led by Democrats for decades. Minnesota has been led by Democrats for most of recent history. Why would there be tension in Minneapolis?

Good question.

I'm looking at these things from way over on the other side of the planet, but it's almost like Democrat social policies don't actually work very well.

Reactions: shortangel
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Good question.

I'm looking at these things from way over on the other side of the planet, but it's almost like Democrat social policies don't actually work very well.
You think?

• Haha
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's a bit strong, given that this "gentle giant" once shoved a gun in some poor woman's stomach during a home invasion.

I hadn't heard of that. With time most all will be revealed. So, maybe the cop realized who he had and knew him to be a bad guy? Still not common practice to lay a knee on his throat until death occurs, especially while handcuffed.

Concerning the ones burning down our town
hope you all go down
for a very long time.
M

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hadn't heard of that.

George Floyd had been in jail 5 times, for various offences. Apparently the reason he moved to Minneapolis in the first place was to leave all that behind him: George Floyd left Texas prison to start new life in Minneapolis | Daily Mail Online

Unfortunately he lost his job due to Covid-19. It's possible that he went turned to crime again just to make ends meet.

So, maybe the cop realized who he had and knew him to be a bad guy?

That seems unlikely, although it's possible that they knew each other: Chauvin apparently moonlighted as a security guard at the same bar where Floyd worked. So far there's no evidence that they ever met there.

Still not common practice to lay a knee on his throat until death occurs.

The knee doesn't seem to have been the cause of death, according to the autopsy report.

But I'd like to hear Chauvin's explanation for what he thought he was doing, because it seems an insane thing to do, and police across the USA have pointed out that it should never be done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
George Floyd had been in jail 5 times, for various offences. Apparently the reason he moved to Minneapolis in the first place was to leave all that behind him: George Floyd left Texas prison to start new life in Minneapolis | Daily Mail Online

Unfortunately he lost his job due to Covid-19. It's possible that he went turned to crime again just to make ends meet.

That seems unlikely, although it's possible that they knew each other: Chauvin apparently moonlighted as a security guard at the same bar where Floyd worked. So far there's no evidence that they ever met there.

The knee doesn't seem to have been the cause of death, according to the autopsy report.

But I'd like to hear Chauvin's explanation for what he thought he was doing, because it seems an insane thing to do, and police across the USA have pointed out that it should never be done.

He may not have been strangled, but it's possible he had trouble breathing, especially given the fentanyl in his system.

I would not be surprised if Chauvin is eventually acquitted.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Good question.

As opposed to Republican policies? They work alot better. Democrats are at least open to different worldviews not rooted in religious fantasies. That tends to produce more rational, level-headed leaders.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Democrats are at least open to different worldviews not rooted in religious fantasies.

If you're suggesting that Democrats are hostile to Christianity, then yes, that's what many people are worried about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
If you're suggesting that Democrats are hostile to Christianity, then yes, that's what many people are worried about.

Being open to different worldviews is not the same as hostility. Most Democrats are Christians, the same as other Americans. Whereas a substantial segment of the Republican base are Protestant fundamentalists with active hostility to other worldviews.

Upvote 0