SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
George Floyd died after officers didn’t step in. These police say they did — and paid a price.
When video of Buffalo police officers shoving and then stoically filing past a bleeding, unmoving protester went viral, former Buffalo police officer Cariol Horne thought back to 2006 when, she says, a white colleague choked a handcuffed black man.

Horne says she told him to stop, then yanked the bigger officer's arm away. According to the Buffalo News, the colleague accused her of jumping on him while he struggled for control. No one filmed the moment; other officers were there, according to news reports, but no one backed her story during an independent arbitration, and Horne was fired.

"I always say that if I had to do it again, I would," she told The Washington Post.

In 2009, that same white officer rammed, one at a time, the heads of four handcuffed African American teenagers into a police car. He went to prison for the kind of violence Horne said she had tried to prevent, fueling her quest for redemption and a pension. She was still pressing that case last month as an anguished country wondered why, in Minneapolis, no one in uniform stepped in as another black man said, "I can't breathe," before dying in police custody.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,914.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read this a few days ago and it didn't surprise me at all. I became aware of this problem a few years ago by listening to Joe Crystal's story.

Ex-cop, Michael Wood Jr., also explains how and why blacks are oftentimes more vulnerable to police harassment, arrests, and ticketing. He did it himself to make his quotes.

Imagine you are driving through a neighborhood were mostly black people live and you are white. You are dressed like the average person dresses and driving an average car such as a Toyota Camry. You notice a police officer following you around and then he/she stops you just to ask you what you are doing there. You explain why you are there, they take your ID and check you out and then they follow you to your destination even right up to the door of the home. This has happened to black people driving in a white neighborhood.

You can find all of these stories on YouTube if you care to take the time.

• Informative
Reactions: Evan Jellicoe
Upvote 0