Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We're now seeing that George Floyd was no different in 2019 when being confronted by the police than in 2020. Same old "I can't breathe" and calls for "Mama". It really calls into question how genuine his last performance was. It's sad what drugs do to people.

Don't expect this video to be allowed by Youtube to remain active for very long. It spoils the narrative that's been built up over the past few months at the cost of peace in America.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Irrelevant, as the cop who killed him had put pressure on his neck shutting off blood and O2 to the brain. The man obviously couldn’t breathe while having someone’s knee crushing his neck. Honestly even an uneducated person would know better than to do that . That’s how some wrestler got sued because he did that to a talk show host (iirc it was Hulk Hogan)

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're now seeing that George Floyd was no different in 2019 when being confronted by the police than in 2020. Same old "I can't breathe" and calls for "Mama". It really calls into question how genuine his last performance was. It's sad what drugs do to people.

Don't expect this video to be allowed by Youtube to remain active for very long. It spoils the narrative that's been built up over the past few months at the cost of peace in America.
He was slow to respond, but did not appear to be resisting arrest with violence. If I were confronted by the police for any reason, I would surrender. Too many have been shot trying to resist or flee. I have not had a traffic ticket in about ten years. I did not make any sudden moves.

If a cop shoots an unarmed man in the back, he might go to jail. The laws apply to police too.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Irrelevant, as the cop who killed him had put pressure on his neck shutting off blood and O2 to the brain. The man obviously couldn’t breathe while having someone’s knee crushing his neck. Honestly even an uneducated person would know better than to do that . That’s how some wrestler got sued because he did that to a talk show host (iirc it was Hulk Hogan)

Exactly. Two wrongs don't make a right

Being found in possession of drugs is peanuts compared to murdering someone

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The drugs he ingested in order to not be caught with them is what killed him. If you watched the entire video of his arrest in 2020, he was doing the "I can't breathe" routine long before anyone had their knee on his neck.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yet this is a man who was able to walk into a store and try to pay for items . Walk out of the store . Talk to a cop . But you’re claiming that a drug which wasn’t affecting him caused his Death . I think you’re dreaming

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yet this is a man who was able to walk into a store and try to pay for items . Walk out of the store . Talk to a cop . But you’re claiming that a drug which wasn’t affecting him caused his Death . I think you’re dreaming

He swallowed a large amount of the drug just before interacting with the cop. It takes a little while for it to take affect after being swallowed, but when it's swallowed in a lethal dose, it will be deadly if not gotten out of his system quickly.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Again pressing someone’s neck like that could be lethal by itself .

But it's also a standard restraint technique and is commonly used. If it were all that lethal, it wouldn't be taught during police training.

• Agree
Reactions: Justin-H.S.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know why as you can easily kill someone or break their neck like that

It may look like it can, but if that were the case, it wouldn't be taught as a restraint technique. People would be dying from it all the time, but the case with George Floyd is the only time I've ever heard of it happening.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But it's also a standard restraint technique and is commonly used. If it were all that lethal, it wouldn't be taught during police training.

Being quite familiar with these techniques (both trained in them in the military and having done some BJJ on my own time), yes those are techniques taught. But, it is possible to choke out someone with your legs when they press in the right location (namely, on the key artery). In BJJ when someone passes out from a choke hold, the choke hold is immediately released, and this is because holding a choke hold for too long can absolutely be lethal. It's the same in law enforcement and military. If you have someone in any submission hold, then you release the hold once the person is in submission (eg, when they pass out, surrender, give up etc..). You wouldn't continue to bend an arm in an arm bar after the person submits for the same reason; you'll break their arm.

So, it's not true that because these techniques are taught then therefore they are "safe." They are risky techniques used in risky situations and should be conducted by people using these techniques properly. It's certainly possible that the pressure to the neck turned his technique from a simple restraint to a choke hold that was held too long. I mean, that's for a coroner and a jury to decide in this case, but it's certainly possible which is why one must be trained in and properly use all restraints and choke holds otherwise someone could be seriously injured or worse.

I, for one, believe that he was improperly using the shin to the neck. Once the person is in submission and/or under control, the technique is no longer warranted. Floyd went unconscious, so the hold should have been released.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Many police training programs had gotten away from this technique. Using it can still result in murder charges if someone dies.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

How real was his performance? He died from the technique used in the arrest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The drugs he ingested in order to not be caught with them is what killed him. If you watched the entire video of his arrest in 2020, he was doing the "I can't breathe" routine long before anyone had their knee on his neck.
This is incorrect. The drugs may have been a contributing cause but the medical examiner ruled that the police restraint was the cause of death.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's standard training.

Choke holds and submission holds are not as "safe" as you seem to present; if they were safe they wouldn't work. If an arm bar doesn't risk really hurting me, then using an arm bar to stop me from doing something isn't going to work. A "safe" move would be to tickle someone, but that wouldn't stop, restrain or force someone into submission. Choke holds work because they cut blood supply to the brain, which is an inherently risky thing. Cutting blood flow to the brain is not "safe" which is why choke holds must be released immediately as soon as someone passes out otherwise the risk of permanent damage or worse continues to increase as long as blood is not allowed to flow to the brain.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Choke holds and submission holds are not as "safe" as you seem to present; if they were safe they wouldn't work.....

And if they're only restricted to what is "safe", then they'd only be left with what doesn't work. Then we end up with situations where a guy they try to restrain while not risking the loss of their jobs ends up having to be shot in the back 7 times because the restraint methods they tried didn't work.

Upvote 0