Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
Alessandro said:
Examples such as an analog computing device or "computer" was recovered from a ship which had sunk in the Aegean Sea in the first century BC. The device incorporated very sophisticated gears, even differential gears, a type not re-discovered until modern times as you know.
Are you saying that the first century BC was preflood?

Upvote 0

Alessandro

Alive In God
Feb 6, 2003
SOCAL
✟17,139.00
Faith
Christian
Also the term OOPArts, out of place artifacts such as the one discovered in the Cosa Mountains of California by rock hounds collecting geodes. What was discovered appeared to be an electrical device of vast antiquity.

When sliced in two, the object showed a hexagonal part, a porcelain or ceramic insulator with a central metallic shaft, and the remains of a corroded piece of metal with threads. The overall impression given is that the object in the geode is man made and not a bizarre trick of nature, It appears to be some kind of electrical device, specifically a spark plug.

And so on, findings and discoveries as the ones stated confirm that the pre flood civilizations were very advanced, which is what brought about the judgment of God.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
Alessandro said:
Also the term OOPArts, out of place artifacts such as the one discovered in the Cosa Mountains of California by rock hounds collecting geodes. What was discovered appeared to be an electrical device of vast antiquity.

When sliced in two, the object showed a hexagonal part, a porcelain or ceramic insulator with a central metallic shaft, and the remains of a corroded piece of metal with threads. The overall impression given is that the object in the geode is man made and not a bizarre trick of nature, It appears to be some kind of electrical device, specifically a spark plug.

And so on, findings and discoveries as the ones stated confirm that the pre flood civilizations were very advanced, which is what brought about the judgment of God.

If you want to talk about this nonsense you should open another thread. It looks to me like you are still just trying to distract attention from the fact that you can't answer the falsifications of the global flood myth that Mechanical Bliss posted at the start of this thread. Nice try but not cigar. Time to put up or admit that you can't do it.

The Frumious Bandersnatch

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Alessandro said:
Which in term does not go with the evolutionary theory, of man progressing in time. We go back and see more advancement in technology.

The Theory of Evolution does not say anything about the technological advancements of human civilization. In fact, it has nothing to do with any of this.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
Alessandro said:
All these go together, why did God have to send a flood, it makes sense, if man is getting so advanced for their own good, and you see some of this today, weapons of mass destruction, before something like total anhialation etc happened God interfered.

So are you admiting that you can't answer the flood falsifications that M.B. presented in the opening post? You haven't even tried so far. I guess you just aren't up to it. Don't feel too bad neither is any other YEC.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Alessandro said:
All these go together, why did God have to send a flood, it makes sense, if man is getting so advanced for their own good, and you see some of this today, weapons of mass destruction, before something like total anhialation etc happened God interfered.

And God's solution to total annihilation was near-total annihilation? And this is the best solution an onimpotent being could come up with? You're right, that makes loads of sense. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Alessandro said:
:) Instead of total, almost total, better outcome correct?

But there's nothing to suggest that we were on the verge of total annihilation, even in the Bible. I think you've just made this up.

Resulting out comes form a flood is quite different than it be another form of man created destructive forces etc.

Right. Instead of almost all life on Earth being wiped out we have... almost all life on Earth being wiped out.

Upvote 0
Alessandro said:

It was not found in a geode, but rather in some clay. The spark plug was identified from the released x-ray by Chad Windham, President of the Spark Plug Collectors of America in 1999, as a 1920's era Champion spark plug. Founder of the SPCA Bill Bond independently concurred, and 1999 SPCA VP Jeff Bartheld and collector Mike Healy agreed as well.

Unfortunately, no physical test can be made of the "artifact;" the owner is dead and the spark plug is missing.

(source)

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
Alessandro said:
Nothing like that is made up, it all makes sense you know.

Boy are you gullible. Maybe you'd like to buy some shares I have in this bridge in Brooklyn. They don't cost much and people pay tolls to cross every day. Just send me some money and let me know where to send the shares and you'll be rich in no time.

Now how about trying to answer the flood falsifications that M.B presented in the opening post or at least admiting that you can't? You can keep trying to distract attention from the total failure of YEC to explain the world's geology all you want. I will keep trying to bring you back on topic and showing to all that you have no answers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
Alessandro said:
If you dont see beyond whats there, have it your way my firend. Understanding what the evidence says through what some scientists say may not always be right.

Talking about investments though I think you should be the one sending me some money to invest on your behalf ;)

Since you are YEC you should not believe in those evilutionist methods to discover oil and invest your money with creationist oil explorer Hayseed Stevens
http://www.csicop.org/si/9909/oil.html
Then again maybe not.

Meanwhile I guess you are continuing to either refuse to see what's there or just ignoring all those things that are there that show that YEC is false. Or do you finally have something to say about the actual subject of this thread? So far you have not.

Upvote 0
Alessandro said:
Nothing like that is made up, it all makes sense you know.

Alessandro, that entire story is made up. Saying it isn't does not change the fact that the spark plug is not some artifact from eons past, but rather about 80 years old.

Are you really so desperate to believe this nonsense?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
MartinM said:
Uhh...see that computer you're sitting at? :rolleyes:

Are you trying to suggest that owning a computer has something to do with darwins theory of evolution? How are they connected?

My son is a senior student in electronic engineering. They have not taught him anything about evolution at all. In fact, I have a friend who has a Phd in animial physiology. He never studied anything about evolution either. I would put his web page up here, but the last time I did that people started to send him a bunch of nonsense email that he did not have time to play around with.

Really, people make to big of a thing out of evolutionary theory, it really is not that big of a deal. Evolutionists should spend more time trying to clean up their own ranks and deal with the way evolution theory is misrepresented by people who really should know better.

Upvote 0