Geocentric Early Church Father Quotes (Long Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I find it kinda sad that some people’s reasoning is “well, that’s just what they knew at the time when they wrote about it”, yet these same people I assume would believe that the Set-Apart Spirit inspired the Prophets and guided them on what to write.

As if the Set-Apart Spirit conveniently forgot to correctly guide them on describing the skies and land and the “universe”.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will post one more photo i took actually last night, of Jupiter, actually this photo was captured from a video recording i made of Jupiter.

In the recording the lights around Jupiter (that science states are moons) can clearly be seen in my recording are stars. Their movement matches the other stars in the sky.

But this photo shows the star (right side toward the top corner) next to Jupiter the large light star.

Wish i could post the video so the movment of the little star could be seen.

View attachment 258149
How long did you film for?
You do realise that the moons are not going to move any discernible distance relative to Jupiter in the space of an hour. You would need to take one image every night for several weeks and then play them back as a stream of images to see them orbiting the planet.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
These photos say it all, 200 missing miles of distance between the red bull jump and the iss, which is suppose to be 250+ miles up in the sky.

Red bull jump 20 miles high
iss 250+ miles high

But they show approximately the same distance above the earth.

20 to 30 miles is more than likely the highest man can go up, if that far.

iss
View attachment 258148

red bull
View attachment 258147
Any NASA or other "accepted" photos from high altitude are taken with a fish eye lens. This way there will always be a curve.... even if you are still on the ground.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How long did you film for?
You do realise that the moons are not going to move any discernible distance relative to Jupiter in the space of an hour. You would need to take one image every night for several weeks and then play them back as a stream of images to see them orbiting the planet.

My point of the post is not that these lights do not move.

My point is that when i filmed Jupiter that the science labeled moons are not moons but stars.

These lights, shine their light, exactly like other stars do when i have filmed them.

There is no difference in the lights that accompany Jupiter, than the other stars in the sky. Their light shines the same.

If anything the star Jupiter is closer to being similar to the moon and its light. When the moon is filmed/photographed. When filmed/photographed at a distance the shinning of the moon is seen, but when zoomed in the light is not as visible. Like Jupiter when i filmed/photographed Jupiter at a distance to get the lights in the picture, Jupiter shines brightly but when zoomed in the pattern can be seen.

Jupiter and its light

DSCN5631+.jpg

DSCN5557+.jpg

moon and its light

DSCN0455+.jpg
DSCN0461+.jpg
DSCN2076+.jpg

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you've been up in an airplane you can see the curvature of the Earth. You can see the ISS zip by in the night sky with the naked eye if you know where to look.
I disagree - I flew to Hawaii from Atlanta(a 10 hour flight) in November, and I never saw a curve. I was looking for one the whole time. All I experienced and saw was a flat earth. Never went upside down or sideways or any other way. Just flew across the earth until I got to my destination.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Any NASA or other "accepted" photos from high altitude are taken with a fish eye lens. This way there will always be a curve.... even if you are still on the ground.

Jack and notice how much the curve is

ISS Earth 2.JPG

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you've been up in an airplane you can see the curvature of the Earth. You can see the ISS zip by in the night sky with the naked eye if you know where to look.
Actually.. you cannot. NASA used to state that you could see it from 35,000 feet. However, it is now stated that you need to be much higher...

Even Neil DeGrass Tyson said it's impossible for us to see the curve in any civilian aircraft.

Could this be due to the fact that now that the FE is a re surging phenomenon, people are actually looking for the curve and find it is not visible or measurable.?

• Haha
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree - I flew to Hawaii from Atlanta(a 10 hour flight) in November, and I never saw a curve. I was looking for one the whole time. All I experienced and saw was a flat earth. Never went upside down or sideways or any other way. Just flew across the earth until I got to my destination.
So suppose you kept flying west over and past Hawaii for 60 more hours. Where would you end up if the Earth is flat? Would you fly off the Earth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jack and notice how much the curve is

View attachment 258155
The real observable, measurable and repeatable evidence that started me to question the earth that we live on... was the simple fact that we see things that are too far away for us to be able to see on the globe, if the globe is the size that they say.

The earth curves, roughly, 8 inches per mile squared. This formula works for so far out until the curve would be straight down and then underneath... But, for all intents and purposes, for what people are going to use it for.. 8 inches per mile squared.

That is a fairly rapid drop. It puts things in sight, that should, mathematically be beyond the curve.

I'm not convinced that the earth is flat... I am convinced that it is not a sphere the size that they say it is.
Proof of this is that there is not a measurable curve. They do not calculate it for bridges, canals, roads railways or anything in surveying.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So suppose you kept flying west over and past Hawaii for 60 more hours. Where would you end up if the Earth is flat? Would you fly off the Earth?
OK Chris V++. It is obvious that you are new to the FE debate. Check out a couple of vids on YouTube and maybe check out Mark Sergent, Eric Dubay and Rob Skiba.

Your questions are FE 101. No offense, we all start by going "you've got to be kidding me".

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No offense, we all start by going "you've got to be kidding me".
...which is exactly what those of us who aren't paranoid conspiracy theorists think about the flat earth nonsense.

No offense.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My point of the post is not that these lights do not move.

My point is that when i filmed Jupiter that the science labeled moons are not moons but stars.

These lights, shine their light, exactly like other stars do when i have filmed them.

There is no difference in the lights that accompany Jupiter, than the other stars in the sky. Their light shines the same.

If anything the star Jupiter is closer to being similar to the moon and its light. When the moon is filmed/photographed. When filmed/photographed at a distance the shinning of the moon is seen, but when zoomed in the light is not as visible. Like Jupiter when i filmed/photographed Jupiter at a distance to get the lights in the picture, Jupiter shines brightly but when zoomed in the pattern can be seen.

Jupiter and its light

View attachment 258150
View attachment 258151

moon and its light

View attachment 258152 View attachment 258153 View attachment 258154
The so called "twinkling" of the stars is the effect of viewing any "point" light source through our atmosphere. It makes no difference whether that "point" of light is a direct source like a distant star, or reflected light like a tiny moon. It doesn't matter how clear the sky is when you are viewing, as constant variations in the density of our atmosphere through which the light is passing, causes tiny distortions which appear to us as "twinkling". Images taken by the Hubble space telescope do not suffer from this problem as it is outside our atmosphere.
Why do stars twinkle, but planets don’t? | EarthSky.org

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
...which is exactly what those of us who aren't paranoid conspiracy theorists think about the flat earth nonsense.

No offense.
Why would you be "paranoid"?

There's nothing to be fearful of. If it's flat... or round.... how much is it going to mean to you.. other than your pride?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.