• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Geocaching

Discussion in 'Outdoor Activities & Nature' started by BreadAlone, Aug 20, 2007.

1. BreadAlone

BreadAlone Hylian Knight

+640
    Lutheran
    Private
    Anyone?? Any geocachers out there?? :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CarrieAg93

CarrieAg93 Senior Veteran

+184
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We used to do it a lot with our boys. We haven't done it in awhile though. I guess we just got busy. We need to get back into it.

3. emmanemena

emmanemena Veteran

+110
    Christian
    Single
    I am going to get into Geocaching as soon as I get a GPS receiver. I learnt about it at uni the other day and am so gonna do it. I have always loved treasure hunts and one that combines technology is even better, I want to get into hiking and other outdoors stuff once I finish uni but now that I've found out about geocaching I'm gonna try it out. I'm studying Geomatics at uni and am really into the whole GPS thing.

4. yeshuaskid

yeshuaskid Warrior in God's Army

+39
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I do Letterboxing which is very similar. Instead of using GPS, I use a compass. Its still pretty fun. The next best thing when you can't afford GPS.

5. BreadAlone

BreadAlone Hylian Knight

+640
    Lutheran
    Private
    I've looked into letterboxing..there's even a letterbox placed just over a mile from my house..but it just doesn't seem as fun to me; plus the community isn't as big..we've been to three geocaching events already, and we're hosting our own in November; and we only started caching in July when my friends came down and introduced it to us.

But I digress..anyways, the typical GPSr that cachers use only costs about $100, and I used some money I'd saved up and bought one right away..

SOoo..yeah.

emmanemena, if you ever do start caching, our username's "~Hylife~"..

6. dayhiker

dayhiker Mature veteran

+5,097
    Charismatic
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I've read about geocashing and seen geocashing people when I've hiked ... does that count! LOL

dayhiker