Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not claim to fully understand the events of The capitol riots, so maybe someone can shed some light. But I honestly see no difference between the capitol riots and the BLM and antifa riots that have been occurring repeatedly. Correction... BLM and antifa are burning things down, looting, and beating and killing people who don’t support them. I don’t see any evidence of that in the capitol riots other than that the people broke into the capitol building. I do not support the capitol riots, and I do not support the riots that have been occurring in cities across our nation.
I also do not see why everyone is calling for Trump impeachment and resignation. He was wrong to say he won the election, but I have not seen that he said anything to “incite violence.” In fact, I saw several instances where he told the rioters to “go home in peace.” Quit blaming Trump for the violence! If you are looking for someone to accuse of inciting violence, look at Maxine Waters telling everyone to make sure Trump supporters know they are not welcome here. Look at the BLM activists saying they will “burn it down “ if their demands aren’t met.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I do not claim to fully understand the events of The capitol riots, so maybe someone can shed some light. But I honestly see no difference between the capitol riots and the BLM and antifa riots that have been occurring repeatedly. Correction... BLM and antifa are burning things down, looting, and beating and killing people who don’t support them. I don’t see any evidence of that in the capitol riots other than that the people broke into the capitol building. I do not support the capitol riots, and I do not support the riots that have been occurring in cities across our nation.
I also do not see why everyone is calling for Trump impeachment and resignation. He was wrong to say he won the election, but I have not seen that he said anything to “incite violence.” In fact, I saw several instances where he told the rioters to “go home in peace.” Quit blaming Trump for the violence! If you are looking for someone to accuse of inciting violence, look at Maxine Waters telling everyone to make sure Trump supporters know they are not welcome here. Look at the BLM activists saying they will “burn it down “ if their demands aren’t met.

You see no difference? These were terrorists, not peaceful protestors! 5 people were killed---they brought a rope and set up a gallows from which to hang Pence and where chanting to do so!! If they had actually succeeded in taking some of the people and Pence, they would have hanged him! They caused a billion in damage to the capitol!! This was an attempted coup by Trump to take over the government. These are insurrectionists at best and traitors at worst. I have no sympathy for them, except for the fact that they believed a bunch of lies from crazy, mad king Trump. Anyone who does such things should be dealt with, no matter what they want to call themselves.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To me the main thing is the events at the capitol were intended to overthrow the constitutional working of the electoral college. Its a rejection of our democratic republic and its constitution - the thing that so many people fought and died for.

(Also, we're all quite lucky that the intruders who were genuinely prepared for violence werent able to access the congress people and VP.)

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A lot of stuff blamed on BLM and Antifa were neo nazis (and their ilk ) instigators deliberately trying to cause problems . Add in dumb teens of all races who think this is cool and youve got ruined property . Cops start busting heads of bystanders and they’ll fight back just to protect themselves . This is called a riot . There are a lot of videos of this happening.
What trump’s people did was break into an off limits government building at the instigation of trump and his enablers . I’m surprised more didn’t get shot though honestly, that would have made the crowd stampede which would have caused more deaths . The fact that trump’s instigated this and has encouraged this sort of immature behavior for his entire 4 years has caused the deaths of a lot more people than at the Capitol.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
BLM riots and the capitol building riots were all riots. They caused destruction, injury, and some deaths. The capitol building riot additionally included the element of sedition, since the participants sought to change the results of the last election. And they are part of a larger seditious movement that continues to try to overturn the results of the last election.

Trump gathered a lot of people, riled them up, sent them at the capitol building, and made sure the national guard didn't show up for a while. It doesn't really matter that he (under intense pressure) asked them nicely and fondly to go home after they failed to accomplish anything useful to him.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You see no difference? These were terrorists, not peaceful protestors! 5 people were killed---they brought a rope and set up a gallows from which to hang Pence and where chanting to do so!! If they had actually succeeded in taking some of the people and Pence, they would have hanged him! They caused a billion in damage to the capitol!! This was an attempted coup by Trump to take over the government. These are insurrectionists at best and traitors at worst. I have no sympathy for them, except for the fact that they believed a bunch of lies from crazy, mad king Trump.

JS: Besides two wrongs do not make a right (not all protests have been non violent). And even if Trump did not realize he's inflammatory rhetoric would trigger a riot and terrorist attack on the capital (some who went to protest didn't expect this either); Trump is a man with power and with power comes responsibility. And further his weak inflammatory "attempt" that day of quelling the riots by telling them they were correct the election was stolen (when there is not evidence of this) and telling them they were being persecuted as he was, did not help! as for his non inflammatory rhetoric that came a day later, it was too little too late.

This is why he needs to go, either because he is indeed inciting these knowingly, in which case he is a traitor, or he unaware the results of his actions even when these become manifest, in which case he is mentally competent and therefore unable to continue in his office.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....Trump gathered a lot of people, riled them up, sent them at the capitol building, and made sure the national guard didn't show up for a while. It doesn't really matter that he (under intense pressure) asked them nicely and fondly to go home after they failed to accomplish anything useful to him.
Yeah that the other gigantic difference: The US president egged on these people... and then afterward tells them he "loves them"....before he was brought to heel and drearily read his staff prepared back-track statement.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think the difference lies in the fact that: instead of being angry with some random police officer's treatment of a minority when they were attempting to effect an arrest being the reason a person went and burned down an Iranian immigrants place of business, for instance, the people who went into Capital Hill directly confronted those elected leaders they were upset with, in order for their grievances be taken seriously by those with the power to effect change.

That's the difference. Terrorists don't directly confront, they attempt to effect political change by hurting the innocent (aka, BLM, Antifa)... something those who went into Capital Hill didn't do.

And no, I will not respond to the left here.

Right or wrong, at least the right who were angry over feeling disenfranchised didn't go to the wrong persons house...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟697,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You see no difference? These were terrorists, not peaceful protestors! 5 people were killed---they brought a rope and set up a gallows from which to hang Pence and where chanting to do so!! If they had actually succeeded in taking some of the people and Pence, they would have hanged him! They caused a billion in damage to the capitol!! This was an attempted coup by Trump to take over the government. These are insurrectionists at best and traitors at worst. I have no sympathy for them, except for the fact that they believed a bunch of lies from crazy, mad king Trump. Anyone who does such things should be dealt with, no matter what they want to call themselves.
I am not saying the capitol rioters were ok. They were just as bad as antifa and BLM.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I think the difference lies in the fact that: instead of being angry with some random police officer's treatment of a minority when they were attempting to effect an arrest being the reason a person went and burned down an Iranian immigrants place of business, for instance, the people who went into Capital Hill directly confronted those elected leaders they were upset with, in order for their grievances be taken seriously by those with the power to effect change.

That's the difference. Terrorists don't directly confront, they attempt to effect political change by hurting the innocent (aka, BLM, Antifa)... something those who went into Capital Hill didn't do.

Right or wrong, at least the right who were angry over feeling disenfranchised didn't go to the wrong persons house...

The terrorist in the Capitol built a gallows and chanted “Hang Mike Pence.” If they had succeeded into getting into those chambers with the Congresspeople still in there, we would have dead legislative branch members.

You are defending terrorism right now. Take a good hard look at your life and choices that have lead you to the point you have been reduced to defending traitors to the United States of America.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I am not saying the capitol rioters were ok. They were just as bad as antifa and BLM.

They were looking to kill members of the United States government. They were chanting “Hang Mike Pence.” All because they believed the insane lie the election was stolen from them. At least BLM had grievances for actual things that have happened.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
One way to not be confused is to give up on trying to define these events in terms of each other. That tactic is more about the argument game of calling "hypocrite!" at people you already disagree with than trying to gain true understanding. Just examine each event on its own terms.

You are allowed to be appalled by events at the capitol regardless of what happened last summer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

JS: a dead officers widow likely disagrees with you.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What is the difference between them chanting to hang pence and the BLM and antifa marching against the police and chanting “pigs in a blanket fry like bacon”
The BLM people didn't try to carry out their chants.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
What is the difference between them chanting to hang pence and the BLM and antifa marching against the police and chanting “pigs in a blanket fry like bacon”

Can you show me a picture of BLM protesters with a pan big enough to actually fry a police officer like bacon? I do have a picture of a gallows and noose the Trump supporters had on Wednesday.
upload_2021-1-10_10-9-49.png

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

You're just going to continue to ignore the sedition thing, aren't you?

Upvote 0