gentiles to keep from profaning the Sabbath -- even in the OT Sabbath made for mankind

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus died to fulfill the law given to Moses.
"We're not under the law" does not mean that sinning is acceptable.

Here is what we believe and teach.

NLT (makes it plain and simple)

1 John 3:4

New Living Translation
Everyone who sins is breaking God’s law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

New Living Translation
Everyone who sins is breaking God’s law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God.
1JN in that same chapter explains what God's law to us is Hark. It happens to be one of my favorite verses because it keeps me from believing what people like you try to shove down our throats.

1Jn3:19-24 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 if our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: we know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Does that sound like the old covenant warmed over Hark?. The plan of salvation is so simple and you people make to so difficult. I guess it is true that misery loves company.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: we know it by the Spirit he gave us.

because we keep his commands (plural) and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command (singular, this is just one of his commandments) to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands (plural) lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: we know it by the Spirit he gave us

(CLV) Mt 5:19
"Whosoever, then, should be annulling one of the least of these precepts, and should be teaching men thus, the least in the kingdom of the heavens shall he be called. Yet whoever should be doing and teaching them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Poor Hark, the truth lies before your eyes and you reject it. You reject Jesus new covenant laws because the word command is not plural? Yet you can plainly see that Jesus has given us two commands, one to believe and the other to love one another as He commanded. If we love each other we will never hurt them in any way. The ministry of death, ten commandments 2Cor 3:7 is your way. Love is Jesus way.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Poor Hark, the truth lies before your eyes and you reject it. You reject Jesus new covenant laws because the word command is not plural? Yet you can plainly see that Jesus has given us two commands, one to believe and the other to love one another as He commanded. If we love each other we will never hurt them in any way. The ministry of death, ten commandments 2Cor 3:7 is your way. Love is Jesus way.
You’re not loving Hark by trying to persuade him to disobey God & the Messiah, like you do.

You have a very strange definition of love - it’s more in line with the New Age definition of love than the scriptural definition.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’re not loving Hark by trying to persuade him to disobey God & the Messiah, like you do.

You have a very strange definition of love - it’s more in line with the New Age definition of love than the scriptural definition.
All this coming from the one who rebuked/ rebukes me and then will not step up to the plate and answer some simple questions. Jesus is Love, but He also turned over the money tables. Who are you to talk about love?

Show me in the new covenant where gentiles are to keep the feasts, sacrificial offerings, pay tithe with livestock and produce. Show me where I am to wear the tzitzit and not cut my sideburns. Look, but you you will not find. And since you cannot find why is it you still insist we become like all the rest of the confused people."

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Poor Hark, the truth lies before your eyes and you reject it. You reject Jesus new covenant laws because the word command is not plural? Yet you can plainly see that Jesus has given us two commands, one to believe and the other to love one another as He commanded. If we love each other we will never hurt them in any way. The ministry of death, ten commandments 2 Cor 3:7 is your way. Love is Jesus way.
"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant — not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills...the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone...the ministry that condemns..." (2 Corinthians 3:6-9).

The law on our heart and mind is the love of the Spirit, not the law of the letter. This is why Paul tells us that the new covenant is a covenant of the Spirit, and not of the letter.

"No one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins." (Luke 5:37-38).

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All this coming from the one who rebuked/ rebukes me and then will not step up to the plate and answer some simple questions. Jesus is Love, but He also turned over the money tables. Who are you to talk about love?

Show me in the new covenant where gentiles are to keep the feasts, sacrificial offerings, pay tithe with livestock and produce. Show me where I am to wear the tzitzit and not cut my sideburns. Look, but you you will not find. And since you cannot find why is it you still insist we become like all the rest of the confused people."
I already answered your question - you are not teaching people to love God. And you keep proving it every time you post.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant .

Amen! And the NEW Covenant says this

31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

New Living Translation
What's your comment on the scriptures attached to my post?
Choosing bible versions can strategical make your argument.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

New Living Translation

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Amen! And the NEW Covenant says this

31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
You ignored highlighting (Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers.....) because that means WITHOUT THE LAW.
Here are elements of the New Covenant.
Rom 3:21 ¶But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Rom 3:27 ¶Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

So are you saying you did it intentionally? Did you intentionally used a mistranslation, with added words, that change the meaning of scripture, as a strategical move?

You know that adding to scripture is breaking the law; but then if you don't believe that the law applies to you; I guess you could say anything in the Father's name.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
1) Christ is the end of the Law to everyone who believes (Romans 10:4)

2) Its foolish to return to works of the Law after we have believed the gospel. (Galatians 3:3,5)

3) Paul (being even a Jew by birth) said that he is NOT under the Law. (1 Corinthians 9:20)

4) We have been released from the Law to serve in a new way. (Romans 7:6)

5) We died to the Law so that we can belong to Christ. (Romans 7:4)

6) In the Old Testament itself its clearly implied that its obsolete, outdated and will soon disappear. The new covenant will be made. (Jer 31:31, Hebrews 8:13)

7) Jesus broke down the fence of the Law because he abolished the Law including its commands and regulations. (Ephesians 2:15)

8) The Law is made for ungodly, rebels, sinful, murderes of fathers and mothers, for homosexuals, liars, sexually immoral etc. (1 Tm 1:9-10)

9) The Law was not given to make us righteous, but to become concious of our sin. (R 3:20)

10) The Law is not based on faith. (Gal 3:12)

11) The Law made nothing perfect, but served as an introduction of a better hope we have in Christ. (Heb 7:19)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him

Truth!

(CLV) 1Jn 3:10
In this are apparent the children of God and the children of the Adversary: everyone who is not doing righteousness is not of God, and who is not loving his brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
1) Christ is the end of the Law to everyone who believes (Romans 10:4)

Oh, you understand Paul. Let's see your explanation of which law he's talking about here.

As you are probably aware; as Paul seems to be your favorite person to quote, even over Yahshua, or even YHWH himself; Paul speaks of seven different categories of law. Which category do you suppose he's talking about here. What aspect of the general term "law," has Messiah ended?

Certainly it's not this one:

1 Corinthians 9:21 New King James Version (NKJV)
21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;

So Paul has not abandoned the law toward YHWH, nor the law toward Messiah. As Yahshua and YHWH are one; I count this as one law.

Which law do you suppose, of the remaining six categories of law which Paul speaks of in his letters, Paul is talking about?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Oh, you understand Paul. Let's see your explanation of which law he's talking about here.

As you are probably aware; as Paul seems to be your favorite person to quote, even over Yahshua, or even YHWH himself; Paul speaks of seven different categories of law. Which category do you suppose he's talking about here. What aspect of the general term "law," has Messiah ended?

Certainly it's not this one:

1 Corinthians 9:21 New King James Version (NKJV)
21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;

So Paul has not abandoned the law toward YHWH, nor the law toward Messiah. As Yahshua and YHWH are one; I count this as one law.

Which law do you suppose, of the remaining six categories of law which Paul speaks of in his letters, Paul is talking about?
R 10:4 is about Jews and Moses:

Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. 2For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. 3Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.

4Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
5Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” a 6But the righteousness that is by faith says...

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

New Living Translation

I know that worship on Saturday is important to Jewish people, SDA and a few others. Do you think that its that important to God? Seems to me that God wants a day of rest and worship.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I know that worship on Saturday is important to Jewish people, SDA and a few others. Do you think that its that important to God? Seems to me that God wants a day of rest and worship.

(CLV) Lv 23:1
Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying:

(CLV) Lv 23:2
Speak to the sons of Israel, and you will say to them, The appointed seasons of Yahweh, those which you shall proclaim holy meetings, My appointed seasons, they are these:

(CLV) Lv 23:3
Six days shall work be done, yet on the seventh day there shall be a sabbath of cessation, a holy meeting. You shall do not work at all. This is a sabbath to Yahweh in all your dwellings.

These appointed times are appointments with YHWH. Now if one's doctor makes an appointment with someone; does one just show up when you feel like it?

No.

He respects his doctor's time; and he makes sure that he makes it to that appointment at the time that the doctor set aside for him.

It puzzles me how many people show more respect for their doctors, than they do for their creator.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
(CLV) Lv 23:1
Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying:

(CLV) Lv 23:2
Speak to the sons of Israel, and you will say to them, The appointed seasons of Yahweh, those which you shall proclaim holy meetings, My appointed seasons, they are these:

(CLV) Lv 23:3
Six days shall work be done, yet on the seventh day there shall be a sabbath of cessation, a holy meeting. You shall do not work at all. This is a sabbath to Yahweh in all your dwellings.

These appointed times are appointments with YHWH. Now if one's doctor makes an appointment with someone; does one just show up when you feel like it?

No.

He respects his doctor's time; and he makes sure that he makes it to that appointment at the time that the doctor set aside for him.

It puzzles me how many people show more respect for their doctors, than they do for their creator.

Lack of respect for God? Are you kidding me? Are you Jewish or SDA? Regardless, we don't follow the law of Moses.. We don't stone people any more or beat children or execute people for mixing fabrics or planting more than one crop in a single field. Women don't have to be purified after childbirth or the mense. Women can even inherit.

Upvote 0