gentiles to keep from profaning the Sabbath -- even in the OT Sabbath made for mankind

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJV) "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!
So Hark, because I do not observe the Sabbath of the Sinai covenant I am practicing
lawlessness??? Here I have been let to believe from scripture we are living under the laws of the new covenant. The will of the Father is to follow Jesus admonition. Jesus famous command was/is to love, love like He loves us. Jesus never made Sabbath keeping an issue like those today seem obsessed to do and He was living under the law that required the act.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So Hark, because I do not observe the Sabbath of the Sinai covenant I am practicing
lawlessness??? Here I have been let to believe from scripture we are living under the laws of the new covenant. The will of the Father is to follow Jesus admonition. Jesus famous command was/is to love, love like He loves us. Jesus never made Sabbath keeping an issue like those today seem obsessed to do and He was living under the law that required the act.

New International Version
"If you love me, keep my commands.

New Living Translation
“If you love me, obey my commandments.

English Standard Version
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Berean Study Bible
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Berean Literal Bible
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

New American Standard Bible
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

New King James Version
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

King James Bible
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Christian Standard Bible
"If you love me, you will keep my commands.

Contemporary English Version
Jesus said to his disciples: If you love me, you will do as I command.

Good News Translation
"If you love me, you will obey my commandments.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"If you love Me, you will keep My commands.

International Standard Version
"If you love me, keep my commandments.

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible
If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“If you love me, keep my commandments.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation

New American Standard 1977
“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Jubilee Bible 2000
If ye love me, keep my commandments;

King James 2000 Bible
If you love me, keep my commandments.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version
If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
'If ye love me, my commands keep,

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why this needs to be repeated, but some have such thick skulls that it takes multiple attempts to penetrate....

Matthew 22:36-40 (NKJV) "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

John 15:12 (NKJV) This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Romans 13:8-9 (NKJV) Owe no one anything except to love one another,
for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

1 John 3:23 (NKJV) And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Imposing anything else upon the believers is watering down the Gospel and laying a guilt trip on them, which is a sin and shows a lack of following the above to love one another. Shame be upon them.

Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Hark, I know you are trying to get us to believe that there is a
ten" in all the translations you quoted. The fact is there isn't and to act like there is is only fooling yourself and all who think they are obligated to keep the Sabbath of the old covenant. Jesus came and brought the Sinai covenant to an end. He fulfilled the laws of the covenant. Fulfilled means to bring to an end. That is super clear with His pronouncement of the prophets. He, by His coming, fulfilled the prophecies concerning His coming. He brought those prophecies to a close or to an end. The same meaning applies to the law. He said law and writings of the prophets. If you cannot see this fact then we are wasting our time. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law or the writings of the prophets. Israel abolished the covenant over and over until Jesus came with the new one.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we love as Jesus loved, we wouldn’t teach others to disobey God’s law. Jesus loved people enough to warn them about sin, and disobedience to God’s commandments.

how can we love like Jesus loved if we teach our neighbor to disobey God’s law? That’s not loving like Jesus loved.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Hark, I know you are trying to get us to believe that there is a
ten" in all the translations you quoted. The fact is there isn't and to act like there is is only fooling yourself and all who think they are obligated to keep the Sabbath of the old covenant. Jesus came and brought the Sinai covenant to an end. He fulfilled the laws of the covenant. Fulfilled means to bring to an end. That is super clear with His pronouncement of the prophets. He, by His coming, fulfilled the prophecies concerning His coming. He brought those prophecies to a close or to an end. The same meaning applies to the law. He said law and writings of the prophets. If you cannot see this fact then we are wasting our time. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law or the writings of the prophets. Israel abolished the covenant over and over until Jesus came with the new one.
According to Jesus, those who disobey & teach others to disobey God’s commandments will be least in the kingdom. How are you loving your neighbor by teaching them to be least in the kingdom?

How do you expect to be great in the kingdom by disobeying God’s commandments and teaching others to do the same?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What laws are you referring to David דויד? Please show me where I have ever written that we are not to obey God's laws for us. Show me in the new covenant where gentiles are to keep the feasts, sacrificial offerings, pay tithe with livestock and produce. Show me where I am to wear the tzitzit and not cut my sideburns. Look, but you you will not find. And since you cannot find why is it you still insist we become like all the rest of the confused people.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What laws are you referring to David דויד? Please show me where I have ever written that we are not to obey God's laws for us. Show me in the new covenant where gentiles are to keep the feasts, sacrificial offerings, pay tithe with livestock and produce. Show me where I am to wear the tzitzit and not cut my sideburns. Look, but you you will not find. And since you cannot find why is it you still insist we become like all the rest of the confused people.
You teach disobedience to all of God’s commands. That’s not loving as Christ loved. Christ did not lead people away from obedience to God. Disobedience to God keeps people out of the kingdom of God - and Christ warned about disobedience and what happens to those who are lawless.

if you break 1, you break them all. You’re not abiding by 1 John 3:23 if you’re teaching others to disobey God’s law. Christ warned about teaching against even the smallest of the commandments.

That’s not love, nor is it the example Christ set forth.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please show me where I have ever written that we are not to obey God's laws for us. .

Shouldn't take long to see a response to that one.

BTW - have you seen my signature line?

============================================
I am glad these Sunday sources all affirm the Ten Commandments for Christians.

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism. :groupray:

And of course 7th day groups

Seventh-day Baptists
Seventh-day Adventists
(and 100's of others)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is only one commandment that is central.... believing on the Son.
Matthew 22:36-40 (NKJV) "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment.
(and it comes to us from Deut 6:5 as his listeners would have known)

Matthew 22:36-40 (NKJV
39 And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
(and it comes to us from Lev 19:18)

40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Instead of "these two commandments delete all the law and the prophets"

So then the "Word became flesh and dwelt among us" and "The WORD" (God the Son) says those are the two greatest commandments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You teach disobedience to all of God’s commands. That’s not loving as Christ loved. Christ did not lead people away from obedience to God. Disobedience to God keeps people out of the kingdom of God - and Christ warned about disobedience and what happens to those who are lawless.

if you break 1, you break them all. You’re not abiding by 1 John 3:23 if you’re teaching others to disobey God’s law. Christ warned about teaching against even the smallest of the commandments.

That’s not love, nor is it the example Christ set forth.
Lets try this again. Seems you have an agenda to discredit me. If not please answer the questions. By the way, take a look at my signature line. Odd that you use it to discredit me.

• Useful
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Show me where I am to wear the tzitzit and not cut my sideburns. Look, but you you will not find. And since you cannot find why is it you still insist we become like all the rest of the confused people.

or... it turns out that Christians are not supposed to take God's name in vain Ex 20:7 and should love God with all their heart Deut 6:5... just as scripture teaches.

So many Christian groups freely admit to this Bible detail -- nice to have agreed upon statements about the Law of Moses.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lets try this again. Seems you have an agenda to discredit me. If not please answer the questions. By the way, take a look at my signature line. Odd that you use it to discredit me.

God’s laws.

Teaching disobedience to God’s laws is not very loving - do you want your neighbors and loved ones to be destroyed in the fire? Teaching people to disobey God’s laws results in death, not life. Don’t you want people to live?

Christ loved people and taught them to obey God’s laws, and warned of the consequence of not doing so.

What I can’t find, is this lawless, new age, free-hugs-for-everybody Jesus you are pushing. The prophets didn’t teach about him, nor did the Apostles.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Teaching disobedience to God’s laws is not very loving

True and Christ did not approve of that in Mark 7:6-13. Or in Matthew 5.

In fact the first place we find someone teaching disobedience to the Word of God goes all the way back to the book of Genesis

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God’s laws.

Teaching disobedience to God’s laws is not very loving - do you want your neighbors and loved ones to be destroyed in the fire? Teaching people to disobey God’s laws results in death, not life. Don’t you want people to live?

Christ loved people and taught them to obey God’s laws, and warned of the consequence of not doing so.

What I can’t find, is this lawless, new age, free-hugs-for-everybody Jesus you are pushing. The prophets didn’t teach about him, nor did the Apostles.
Hi David דויד, I do not believe you are dense, so I have to believe you do not , for some reason , want to answer my questions. God has given different people different laws since the creation of Adam. I will post my original statement with questions. You made a statement that I "teach disobedience to all of God’s commands." What are "all of God's commands."? You made, in my estimation, a very derogatory depiction of me. Now answer my questions.

"What laws are you referring to David דויד? Please show me where I have ever written that we are not to obey God's laws for us. Show me in the new covenant where gentiles are to keep the feasts, sacrificial offerings, pay tithe with livestock and produce. Show me where I am to wear the tzitzit and not cut my sideburns. Look, but you you will not find. And since you cannot find why is it you still insist we become like all the rest of the confused people."

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mark 2:27 is it is specifically made "for mankind"
Ex 20:11 says it began in Genesis 2 when it was sanctified for holy use.
Genesis 2:1-3 says the same.

Ex 20:8-11
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH) your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

keep reading.

Gen 2:1-3
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Keep reading... it is not rocks that Keep the Sabbath holy - it is mankind

Mark 2:27 Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man (mankind), and not man (mankind) made for the Sabbath.

Both the Sabbath and mankind "made" in that 7 day week of Genesis 1-2:3

A distinction without a difference.

"man does not live by bread alone" -- Matthew 4... another reference to "mankind"

444 ánthrōposman, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race; people, including women and men (Mt 4:19, 12:12, etc.).

(That was easy)

You have free will to believe whatever you wish.

Not in real life - in real life Isaiah 56;6-8 exists at the same time that the book of Exodus exists and all of it is the Word of God. including where God specifically singles out gentiles for Sabbath keeping blessings and in Isaiah 66:23 reminds us that the Sabbath is for "all mankind" just as in Mark 2:7.

"Mankind does not live by bread alone but by every WORD that proceeds from the mouth of God" is not a statement about "just Jews" or "just men and not women" as we all know.

Obviously
As usual Bob, you're doing a hack job on the bible. In the bible God says and proves that Sabbath was given as a sign between Him and the Children of Israel.
In which of the authorized bibles does Mark 27 say mankind?
SDA must manipulate Mark 2:27 to fool the ignorant.
Gen 2:1-3 only proves that God rested on the seventh day. It does not say or prove that Sabbath was made for mankind.
God's rest cannot be defiled, but Sabbath is often defiled by man. Claiming that God took a Sabbath rest would mean that He did not finish all His work in 6 days. God's identity is; the God who created the worlds in 6 days and then rested from all His work. The devil does not want us to trust God's word.
You're good at this con job, as you shamelessly contradict God's own words from various parts of the bible.

Exo 31:13

Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

Eze 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a Rest that God has for all "mankind" It is not the weekly Sabbath which Israel profaned. The Rest God wants us to enter in to TODAY is God's Rest. We enter into His rest when we accept Jesus as our Savior. When we believe in Him He gives us Rest. Israel never entered into the Rest that was the same rest that God observed after creating the Earth.

Heb 4:4 God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. 2 For this good news—that God has prepared this rest—has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn’t share the faith of those who listened to God. 3 For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said,

“In my anger I took an oath:
‘They will never enter my place of rest,’”

even though this rest has been ready since he made the world. 4 We know it is ready because of the place in the Scriptures where it mentions the seventh day: “On the seventh day God rested from all his work.” 5 But in the other passage God said, “They will never enter my place of rest.”

6 So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God.

7 So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted:

Today when you hear his voice,
don’t harden your hearts.”

8 Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. 9 So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. 10 For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. 11 So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall.

How does all mankind enter that Rest? We enter that Rest when we accept the gift God gave to all mankind, Jesus. Believe in Him and we will have Rest. Do it today and today Rest will come. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to feel sympathy for our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As usual Bob, you're doing a hack job on the bible. In the bible God says and proves that Sabbath was given as a sign between Him and the Children of Israel.
In which of the authorized bibles does Mark 27 say mankind? SDA must manipulate Mark 2:27 to fool the ignorant.
Gen 2:1-3 only proves that God rested on the seventh day. It does not say or prove that Sabbath was made for mankind. God's rest cannot be defiled, but Sabbath is defiled by man more often than not. Claiming that God took a Sabbath rest would mean that He did not finish all His work in 6 days. The devil does not want us to trust God's word.
You're good at this con job, as you shamelessly contradict God's own words from various parts of the bible.

Exo 31:13

Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

Eze 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
Amen! So it's not just me. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! So it's not just me. ;)
No, you two are not alone. Never give up hope. A lot of Bobs out there have finally seen the real truth. It took this Bob nearly 40 years to finally see the Beam of Light coming through the cracks of his church's foundation.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Mark 2:27 is it is specifically made "for mankind"
Ex 20:11 says it began in Genesis 2 when it was sanctified for holy use.
Genesis 2:1-3 says the same.

Ex 20:8-11
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH) your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

keep reading.

Gen 2:1-3
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Keep reading... it is not rocks that Keep the Sabbath holy - it is mankind

Mark 2:27 Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man (mankind), and not man (mankind) made for the Sabbath.

Both the Sabbath and mankind "made" in that 7 day week of Genesis 1-2:3

A distinction without a difference.

"man does not live by bread alone" -- Matthew 4... another reference to "mankind"

444 ánthrōposman, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race; people, including women and men (Mt 4:19, 12:12, etc.).

(That was easy)

You have free will to believe whatever you wish.

Not in real life - in real life Isaiah 56;6-8 exists at the same time that the book of Exodus exists and all of it is the Word of God. including where God specifically singles out gentiles for Sabbath keeping blessings and in Isaiah 66:23 reminds us that the Sabbath is for "all mankind" just as in Mark 2:7.

"Mankind does not live by bread alone but by every WORD that proceeds from the mouth of God" is not a statement about "just Jews" or "just men and not women" as we all know.

Obviously

As usual Bob, you're doing a hack job ... <obligatory rant deleted here>
You're good at this con job, as you shamelessly....<obligatory rant deleted here> .

On the contrary - I quote that part of the Bible you don't quote - as you just demonstrated again for us in your response to that post of mine filled with Bible texts you don't quote at all - even as I quote the full 4th commandment and the full 7th day of creation week.

How "instructive" for the unbiased objective readers.

And that means "the New Covenant" is quoted by me as well.

Jer 31:31-33
31"The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. 32It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33"This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

No wonder the Sabbath is a sign -- given to all mankind in Eden "made for mankind" Mark 2:27 where for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to Worship" Isaiah 66:23

Last edited:
Upvote 0