Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some words and terminology in the bible offers much wisdom to understanding undeniable truths as laid out in God's word.

The word 'Gentiles' from Hebrews also means 'nations'.

A study of some key words can prove that 'the Children of Israel' (COI) were the first people and nation that God called to worship Him.

Before the COI were a people, we can see that God was Abraham's God, Isaac's God, and Jabob's God. Why did God single out these men and not more people from the lineage of Noah?

The truth can show that 'The ten commandments' was first given specifically as a covenant made only between God and the Chidren of Israel. It's not a puzzling secret that laws are created to govern a people or nation rather than a few individuals.

<http://www.blueletterbible.org/Search/Dictionary/viewTopic.cfm?
type=GetTopic&Topic=Gentiles

Gentiles:
(Heb., usually in plural, goyim), meaning in general all nations except the Jews. In course of time, as the Jews began more and more to pride themselves on their peculiar privileges, it acquired unpleasant associations, and was used as a term of contempt.
In the New Testament the Greek word Hellenes, meaning literally Greek (as in [URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Act&c=16&v=1#1"]Act 16:1[/URL],3; 18:17; [URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rom&c=1&v=14#14"]Rom 1:14[/URL]), generally denotes any non-Jewish nation.

These scriptures below show where prophesies are made about Gentiles nations would be coming into worship God. This proves that God had previously chosen only the COI to worship Him. Notice that from God's promise to Abraham (Gen12:3) to Paul being the chosen Apostle to the Gentiles. (Act 9:15) This ends the prophetic and brings on the day called a mystery.Rom 11:25 Rom 16:25

Gen 12:3, 5; 22:18; 49:10; Deu 32:21; Psa 2:8; 22:27-31; 46:4, 10; 65:2, 5; 66:4; 68:31, 32; 72:1-20; 86:9; 102:15, 18-22; 145:10, 11; Isa 2:2-5; 9:1-7; 11:1-10; 18:7; 24:16; 35:1-10; 40:4-11; 42:1-12; 45:6, 8, 22-24; 49:1, 5, 6, 18-23; 54:1-3; 55:5; 56:3, 6-8; 60:1, 3-5, 8-14; 65:1; 66:7-23; Jer 3:17; 4:2; 16:19-21; Eze 47:3-5; Dan 2:35, 44, 45; 7:13, 14; Hsa 2:23; Joe 2:28-32; Amo 9:11, 12; Mic 4:3, 4; Hag 2:7; Zec 2:10, 11; 6:15; 8:1-23; 9:1, 9-17; 14:8-21; Mal 1:11; Mat 3:9; 8:11; 12:17-21; 19:30; Mar 10:31; Luk 13:29, 30; 21:24; Jhn 10:16; Act 9:15

Last edited:

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
With all do respect, what's the point of another, go round circle, of opposing doctrines. You should know by now that we, as Adventists, do not subscribe to your way of thinking, nor do I think we ever will. You forget that most, if not all of us came from where you are at, so not very likely we'll be returning.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gen 10:5By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

AV — nation 374, heathen 143, Gentiles 30, people 11
The word Gentiles mostly identifies the majority of people and nations of the world that did not worship the God of the Hebrews.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
With all do respect, what's the point of another, go round circle, of opposing doctrines. You should know by now that we, as Adventists, do not subscribe to your way of thinking, nor do I think we ever will. You forget that most, if not all of us came from where you are at, so not very likely we'll be returning.
I dont expect you to add anything constructive, but to lead a derail effort. ;)

I'll be obedient to the lead of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You've been coming in here for a while now... how many have you won to your way of thinking that previously held to traditional Adventist beliefs?

You know what the definition of insanity is Crib? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I have surrendered to the fact that you will not see things the way I see it. That is ok with me... I've done my part and no longer have your blood on my hands.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You've been coming in here for a while now... how many have you won to your way of thinking that previously held to traditional Adventist beliefs?

You know what the definition of insanity is Crib? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I have surrendered to the fact that you will not see things the way I see it. That is ok with me... I've done my part and no longer have your blood on my hands.
Cant handle the topic the find another thread to troll;). We're trying to look at what the word of God says about Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Come on Crib, you're better than this....
First of all ECR, you're one the guys that believe that Gentiles were given the law alongside of the children of Israel...... And you say in you commentary, that the children of Israel were to spread the truth about God's law.
Obviously you dont want to hear anything you dont already believe......

What's all the fuss about?
I'm I breaking the rules or are you provoking me again without cause?

You dont have to post in this thread, but trying to undermind a new thread idea means the same old threads by K4c, that you love to say :amen: without question.

Which of the 10 commandment calls for you respect people that you dont agree with?

This thread is not about you or an attack of SDA doctrines.

:cool:Man up

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Act 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Act 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, [saying], I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
Act 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Act 13:49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

When some people add commentary to these scriptures above, they only focus on the sabbath day, when these word were spoken by Paul. There are more significant lessons and application intended by the Holy Spirit.
The same God that prophesied in Isaiah 49 saying "Jesus is the the light to the Gentiles" now teach us that Paul and the apostles were also set to be a light to the Gentiles.

These word was a continuing fulfillment of what is said about Jesus ChristIsa 49:6And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

We know that Jesus is the light.

It's a significant incident that Jesus appeared to Paul to designate Him as the apostle to the Gentiles.

Act 9:15But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Act 26:18To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
First of all, you're one the guy that believe that Gentiles were given the law alongside of the children of Israel and the children of Israel were to spread the truth about God's law. You dont have to post in this thread, but trying to undermind a new thread idea means the same old stuff by K4c you love to say :amen: without question.

Just respect people that you dont agree with. This thread is not about you or an attack of SDA doctrines.

Two things:

1) Practice what you preach in regard to respecting people that you don't agree with..

2) My posting in this thread hasn't stopped anyone else from doing so.... it's just we've heard all your arguments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
EastCoastRemnant said:
Two things:

1) Practice what you preach in regard to respecting people that you don't agree with..

2) My posting in this thread hasn't stopped anyone else from doing so.... it's just we've heard all your arguments.
Respect? hatred? Jumping in on post#2 and saying we've heard it all before, and we dont want to hear it, is your way of saying "Hello neighbor I love you".
This thread is about posting scriptures and making related commentary that puts the word of God as the truth to follow.
My commentary does not force anyone to abbandon God's word.

Well sit back and relax because I've never heard this one either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If I'm not mistaken, isn't it against the rules to post opposing doctrinal ideas in a denomination specific forum?
What SDA doctrine am I opposing? I'm walking throught the scriptures about the Gentiles in general. Why cant I start bible discussion about Gentiles?

I'm glad to expose what happens when we try to present another veiw of God's word. You're exposing that SDA members cannot have a differing view than to talk about the law and the sabbath from the bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Byfaithalone1

The gospel is Jesus Christ!
May 3, 2007
✟11,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully we can give some consideration to some other ideas than debating sabbath and the ten commandment

I'd welcome a different topic. I'm interested to see how this one evolves.

Why did God single out these men and not other people from the lineage of Noah?

I've wondered that. I don't have an answer, but I trust that God knew what He was doing. Do you have thoughts about this?

What I don't see in this passage is an indication that Gentiles must become Jews (i.e. "the commonwealth of Israel") or enter into God's first covenant with Israel in order to receive salvation.

It's a significant incident that Jesus appeared to Paul to designate Him as the apostle to the Gentiles.
Indeed. Notice that his purpose was to preach the forgiveness of sins and an inheritence among those who are sanctified by faith (not works or keeping the law). When he preached, Paul wasn't appealing to God's first covenant with Jews.

BFA

P.S. I hope this thread gets back on track and begins to move toward fellowship and a discussion of ideas and away from a discussion about individual posters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd welcome a different topic. I'm interested to see how this one evolves.
I have no prepared material, it's just makes sense to look at scriptures about when God required or invite different peoples to worship Him.

I've wondered that. I don't have an answer, but I trust that God knew what He was doing. Do you have thoughts about this?
Some of the truth is as ugly as the reality in Noah's day. All men are sinful and fall short of Holiness and righteousness. We have to follow and take notice of the scriptures. When God's judgments brought the flood, he did not address any nation or groups people breaking laws. God did single out (the sons of God) the righteous lineage who lived over 800yrs because they were being selective of the women they married. The geneology in Gen 5 left out Cain's family, so he is stricken from the root as one of the Son's of God.

God chose to grant grace to only Noah's family.
In Abraham, God found a man with faith, and did to leave His family and follow where God was leading.
Abraham's father worship other Gods, so in considering that fact, it does show why Abraham's was chosen God chosen as the father of many nations who God calls to worship Him.

In Abraham, God found a man with faith in His word and promises.
When God ask Him to sacrifice His son, Abraham was more than ready to trust God, because God had already promised to blessed through Isaac. God used this man's seed to establish everlasting promises to save the the world.
Every book of the bible references Abraham or the Children of Israel. The bible appear to be a story about how God fulfill His promises to restore humanity through Abraham's seed.

What I don't see in this passage is an indication that Gentiles must become Jews (i.e. "the commonwealth of Israel") or enter into God's first covenant with Israel in order to receive salvation.

Indeed. Notice that his purpose was to preach the forgiveness of sins and an inheritence among those who are sanctified by faith (not works or keeping the law). When he preached, Paul wasn't appealing to God's first covenant with Jews.

BFA

P.S. I hope this thread gets back on track and begins to move toward fellowship and a discussion of ideas and away from a discussion about individual posters.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Appreciate you posting amid fear of being disfellowshipped for thinking outside the box.........again. ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What SDA doctrine am I opposing? I'm walking throught the scriptures about the Gentiles in general. Why cant I start bible discussion about Gentiles?

I'm glad to expose what happens when we try to present another veiw of God's word. You're exposing that SDA members cannot have a differing view than to talk about the law and the sabbath from the bible.

Please Crib, we can discuss anything you'd like and we have. I was just under the impression that the faith area was a place where individuals could come and not be harrassed regarding their doctrines etc.

The SDA's believe that Gentiles have to keep the sabbath so your arguement does go against one of our doctrines. It's not like you're asking a question because you have genuine interest in what we teach.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Please Crib, we can discuss anything you'd like and we have.
You're being dishonest because I started this thread because my questions and responses are being ignored by certian members who create threads and demand that I respond to their questions or else. You're an opportunist Stryder, I can post here unless I dont initiate discussions against the 27 fundermental beliefs.

I was just under the impression that the faith area was a place where individuals could come and not be harrassed regarding their doctrines etc.
Who is harrassing who, and what doctrines am I addressing?

The SDA's believe that Gentiles have to keep the sabbath so your arguement does go against one of our doctrines. It's not like you're asking a question because you have genuine interest in what we teach.
Sorry,I'm not asking questions right now, because you and others dont respond to my questions.

I'm not arguing against what you just claim... I'm looking for what is said to and about Gentile nations from Genesis.

Why cant you just ignor this thread?

Do I have the right to start a thread on a topic that is not a SDA doctrine?
I do expect some others to chime in claiming attacks on SDA doctrines.

You just lost my endorsment about being a man of integrity. Truth is, you can add commentary to God's word and I cant hold you accountable to your commentary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You're being dishonest because I started this thread because my questions and responses are being ignored by certian members who create threads and demand that I respond to their questions or else. You're an opportunist Stryder, I can post here unless I dont initiate discussions against the 27 fundermental beliefs.
How am I being dishonest. I've always had issue with what seemed to be a disregard to the rules when it comes to people asking questions in an attempt to belittle what we believe

Who is harrassing who, and what doctrines am I addressing?
It was a general statement Crib.

Sorry,I'm not asking questions right now, because you and others dont respond to my questions.
Incorrect. I can't speak for others but I have responded to your questions. I'm just tired of everything being called commentary. I mean if I had a dollar for every time you called one of my responses commentary, I'd have my car paid off by now.

I'm not arguing against what you just claim... I'm looking for what is said to and about Gentile nations from Genesis.
That's what you always say and it always devolves into an arguement of some sort with you calling every response commentary.

Why cant you just ignor this thread?
I'm Adventist. This is an Adventist forum. You posted here. A better question is why do you keep posting in an area where you know the memebers are bound to disagree with you?

Do I have the right to start a thread on a topic that is not a SDA doctrine?
You haven't. Your argument at it's heart, is that gentiles were never given the sabbath. If I'm wrong please correct me.

I do expect some others to chime in claiming attacks on SDA doctrines.
So why bring up something that you know would attract people to chime in against our doctrines, which, in this sub-forum, is against the rules.

You just lost my endorsment about being a man of integrity. Truth is, you can add commentary to God's word and I cant hold you accountable to your commentary.
Not to be rude, but I'm not really concerned with whether or not you think I'm a man of integrity. I can't help the assumptions you make about me. I could level the same complaint against you but what would that profit? Truth is that everything you disagree with is commentary. The only reason you aren't being held "accountable" for your commentary is because the majority of Christendom is in your corner. But it's cool. I know what I believe is true, and the time is coming where everything we've heraled will be front and center.

Upvote 0

Byfaithalone1

The gospel is Jesus Christ!
May 3, 2007
✟11,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have no prepared material, it's just makes sense to look at scriptures about when God required or invite different peoples to worship Him.

Some of the truth is as ugly as the reality in Noah's day. All men are sinful and fall short of Holiness and righteousness. We have to take notice of when God judgments brought the flood, he did not address any nation or groups people breaking laws. God did single out (the sons of God) the righteous lineage who lived over 800yrs because they were being selective of the women they married.

God chose to grant grace to only Noah's family.
In Abraham, God found a man with faith, and did to leave His family and follow where God was leading.
Abraham's father worship other Gods, so in considering that fact, it does show why Abraham's was chosen God chosen as the father of many nations who God calls to worship Him.

In Abraham, God found a man with faith in His word and promises.
When God ask Him to sacrifice His son, Abraham was more than ready to trust God, because God had already promised to blessed through Isaac. God used this man's seed to establish everlasting promises to save the the world.
Every book of the bible references Abraham or the Children of Israel. The bible appear to be a story about how God fulfill His promises to restore humanity through Abraham's seed.

It is interesting to consider how promises were made to specific individuals for centuries. And then, with the children of Israel, a covenant was formed with an entire nation. After that, God had a message for Gentiles. It does seem as though God's approach has been evolving in some way.

BFA

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is interesting to consider how promises were made to specific individuals for centuries. And then, with the children of Israel, a covenant was formed with an entire nation. After that, God had a message for Gentiles. It does seem as though God's approach has been evolving in some way.

BFA
No doubt, this is what the bible proves from cover to cover. :thumbsup:

The fact is, God is obligated to carry out every word that has come from His mouth.
So when we look at Genesis or any other book we cannot add a dot, to what God must fulfill. (that's what Jesus was saying in Matt 5:17-21 but even that gets twisted arround by commentary.)
One example is............

To fulfill what God prophesied to the serpent about the seed of woman, (Jesus Christ)......
Gen 3:15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

..The "seed of woman" did not come from a man's sperm (seed).
God promised to overthrow what the serpent had done through Eve. We see one part of that prophecy fufilled when Jesus is concieved of woman. We understand that satan bruised Christ's heel by those nails in his feet.

Abraham was a faithful and trusting man who did not know God or His laws before God called him away from his father. (debatable here I'm sure)
Through Abraham's family we find the twelve tribes that represents 12 nations of people from 12 corner of the world, and also represented by 12 heavenly gates with their names on it.
Most importantly we also trace the promised seed, "Jesus" through Abraham's lineage.

I find it significant that before God called Moses to go the Pharoah, it's written...; Exd 2:24And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.

God was obligated to His words of His covenant with Abraham. 3 Epistles from Paul argues that the promise preceded the law.

Having people argue with me about God's law in the pages of Genesis kept me play 'fetch the stick' too long.
The scriptures does not say what they are saying or I would not argue against it.

How many times should I defend questions with added commentary about Cain's wrong sacrifice, Noah and clean animals, Joseph's knowlege of adultery, Abraham kept God's law, Remember" takes us back to creation, yakity, yakity,yak.... They wont give me answers to my question when I respond to their claims.

They post threads calling me the blind man and they still wont answers my questions.

Time to think outside the box.

Last edited:
Upvote 0