Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is really not a verse about it. Generally we can cobble together how to worship, act, etc. from verses in the Tanach that speak of sojourners in Israel, Acts, the Didache, and other sources in scripture. But there is not really a covenant per-se like with the Jewish people. The New Covenant can be read in Jeremiah 31:31-34, but that is really more for the Jewish people as well. There are verses in the NT that speak of gentiles being grafted into the Jewish nation, but our requirements (the Law) are not the same as the ones for the Jewish people as our grafting in does not make us part of that covenant in the same way.

Some people believe in replacement theology where the "Church" or "Christians " have replaced the Jewish people and has taken that covenant, but this is not really the same thing as a "gentile covenant" and personally I believe it is bad theology.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I read until I got to this statement

"Verse 3, God shows that "EVERY MOVING THING SHALL BE MEAT FOR YOU, unlike what God allows for the "Children of Israel" ."

The Bible refutes this statement
Genesis 7King James Version (KJV)
7 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is really not a verse about it. Generally we can cobble together how to worship, act, etc. from verses in the Tanach that speak of sojourners in Israel, Acts, the Didache, and other sources in scripture. But there is not really a covenant per-se like with the Jewish people. The New Covenant can be read in Jeremiah 31:31-34, but that is really more for the Jewish people as well. There are verses in the NT that speak of gentiles being grafted into the Jewish nation, but our requirements (the Law) are not the same as the ones for the Jewish people as our grafting in does not make us part of that covenant in the same way.

Some people believe in replacement theology where the "Church" or "Christians " have replaced the Jewish people and has taken that covenant, but this is not really the same thing as a "gentile covenant" and personally I believe it is bad theology.
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Noah was an ancestor of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He knew about clean and unclean animal when he loaded them on the boat. When he comes off the ark, he and his descendants are permitted to eat anything. Later, God established a different covenant with Israel and restricts their food choices to clean animals only. There is no problem here. Israel is a subset of humanity who God set apart by changing their diet and other things.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Noah was an ancestor of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He knew about clean and unclean animal when he loaded them on the boat. When he comes off the ark, he and his descendants are permitted to eat anything. Later, God establish a different covenant with Israel and restricts their food choices to clean animals only. There is no problem here. Israel is a subset of humanity who God set apart by chaning their diet and other things.

Steve
Jesus does not change once he speaks it is not in error and is everlasting it pertains to all

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He sure is. Would you mind expounding on how this relates to the question?

So you said that when we are grafted into the vine (tree) it changes I disagree.

Adam, Eve and Abraham was saved by Grace just as we are no change. Jesus is the vine we are grafted into.

Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yeah...this is going nowhere.

So are you a Jew?
Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
So are you a Jew?
Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

When you start spiritualizing things they become putty in your hands. YOU create meaning.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you said that when we are grafted into the vine (tree) it changes I disagree.

Adam, Eve and Abraham was saved by Grace just as we are no change. Jesus is the vine we are grafted into.

Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
No, Judaism is the vine that we are grafted into because of Jesus and His sacrifice that allows for us to stand before the presence of G-d in the Heavenly Temple. But our requirements under the Law are not the same as for Jewish people . Our requirements as gentile followers of Yeshua are spelled out in Acts 15 and explained in the Didache. But of course G-d does not change, and neither do His requirements which is why these requirements in Acts are essentially what were required of non-Jewish people living in Israel or non-converts attending Jewish services and believing in the G-d of Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can any one on this forum provide me with a Bible verse defining the covenant that the Lord made specifically for the gentiles

By what I know, there is no covenant specifically for gentiles. But New Covenant can be applied to gentiles also. The change of heart can happen also for gentiles.

Yahweh your God will circumcise your heart, and the heart of your seed, to love Yahweh your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, that you may live. Yahweh your God will put all these curses on your enemies, and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. You shall return and obey the voice of Yahweh, and do all his commandments which I command you this day. Yahweh your God will make you plenteous in all the work of your hand, in the fruit of your body, and in the fruit of your cattle, and in the fruit of your ground, for good: for Yahweh will again rejoice over you for good, as he rejoiced over your fathers;

Deuteronomy 30:6-9

For finding fault with them, he said, "Behold, the days come," says the Lord, "That I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah; Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, In the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; For they didn't continue in my covenant, And I disregarded them," says the Lord. "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel. After those days," says the Lord; "I will put my laws into their mind, I will also write them on their heart. I will be to them a God, And they will be to me a people. They will not teach every man his fellow citizen, Every man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' For all will know me, From the least of them to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness. I will remember their sins and lawless deeds no more."
Hebrews 8:8-12 (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Upvote 0