✟2,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bible literally says what comes first in order

Yes, and it also literally states the flood covered the whole earth, and Psalms it tells us that God caused the waters to recede to their current place by raising the mountains and lowering the valleys. That's why it confuses me when people feel they can parse between considering Genesis events as literal or figurative based on what other people have told them to be 'proven' or not as if they have any say in the matter.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The land under the structure of the firmament, within which reside the sun, moon, and stars.

Yes that is good, i was wondering how you thought of earth.

So many miss apply earth in The Bible, to the globe earth from science. But earth in The Bible simply means land. And it can be seen from Isaiah 40:22 it is a one piece circular mass of land.

• Winner
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:v.1- In the beginning, God created the heavens(four(4) heavens) and the earth.
-The mystery of GOD's Plan revealed to Moses 2.500 years after Adam,1.500 BC-

Genesis is a revelation of God's plan for restoration of all things that had been destroyed times ago in the Garden of Eden planted at eastward, include the restoration of MAN that GOD had formed and put him in the garden to cultivate and keep it.

This is the first detail in Genesis 1 that I pick out to comment and emphasize.
I find it interesting and wonderful the fact that God revealed this mysterious Plan of restoration of all things to Moses only around 2,500 years, or two Days and half after He had started His works of restoration.

The second detail that I highlight in Genesis 1 is when God started and finished His works of the first Day, as He revealed to Moses. In fact, literally GOD started to work from the middle of the first Day, that was in the evening (afternoon), and finished in the morning of the next Day, and were the FIRST Day (of 1,000 years of work), as is written in the verse 5, right?

Therefore, when God revealed Genesis to Moses, He had already made all His works of the 1st and 2nd Days, evidently, so 2,000 years of work,right?(two Days-2.000 years)- but there was/is a gap of 500 years from the events occurred in the Garden of Eden until GOD starts His works of the first Day, this is another detail I will try to explain further below.

The third detail to comment is the fact that there was a gap of time in around 500 years or a half Day from the fall of the sons of GOD in the Garden of Eden until the moment in which GOD started to work at evening of the first Day. "In Biblical times, or in the beginning, the time was divided into two parts: Êrev (afternoon) and Bôker (morning). Érev starts at sunset, or according to Genesis 3:8, "daybreak", and ended at sunrise, where Bôker starts. Even today Jews use the word "êrev" as a reference to the first part of the night that goes even after sunset"

Genesis is a description of GOD's plan of restitution or restoration of all things-Acts 3:v.18 to 26- after the rebellion in Eden. What did happen really? There was an eternity before the rebellion of the inhabitants of Eden that were ruled by a Cherub created to protect the Garden of GOD.(Ezekiel 28:v.14)
After the rebellion of Cherub and his followers (Epistle of Jude 1:v.6 combined with Genesis 6:v.2 among others Scriptures), the Earth was filled of corruption and over the years there were extreme darkness on Earth-GENESIS 1:v.2- and also extreme corruption among the inhabitants- Gen. 6: v.2 - except Noah and his family, so he found grace in the eyes of the Lord. It was around year 1.556, or IN FACT had passed one Day and half from the rebellion in Eden, and 1,056 years from the beginning of GOD's work in the first Day (let say from year zero)

That said, GODs' works of FIRST Day of creation was from year 500 to 1500. In that occasion or around 1,500 years of Gods' works, Noah was about 444 years old, and when he was 500 years old, Noah started to build the Ark for his salvation and his family, as God's had commanded him. On the other hand, in the same occasion, God's children which were ruled by a Cherub in Eden they had become completely corrupted as is written in Genesis 6-as God revealed to Moses.

In accord Scriptures, the Flood occurred around year 1656, yes, Scriptures prove it. Therefore, the 1st Day of God's works had ended 156 years before the flood, the 2nd Day started from around 1,500, in the exact time of Noah, and finished in the year 2,500, even in the time of Moses, as God revealed to Moses. I think this marvelous.

Later, I mean after the Flood, or about 2,080 years of works, as GOD revealed to Moses, He called Abram, because the Most High God had planned to form - to create - a nation for Himself exclusively. Abram was the God's chosen, and from the seed of Abram, God Almighty would go to work and executing His plan in to have a peculiar nation for Himself. Then from Abraham and Sara GOD made be born Isaac, and from Isaac, Jacob, and from Jacob his twelve sons. Time after Jacob and family went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons, and in the Egypt the Lord God - in continuation of His works of the second Day - made them as the stars of heaven in multitude, and then was born Moses around 427 years after Abraham, or around year 2,500 of God's works in His Plan of restoration, that is in the middle of the third Day, i.e. from 2,000 to 3,000 years of works.
Note that Moses wrote every things which GOD revealed unto him, i.e. of all works He had made since the FIRST Day, say, from year zero.

But the most important detail GOD revealed to Moses is about the beginning. Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning, God created the heavens (four(4) heavens) and the earth, that is, in JESUS God created the heavens and the earth; without JESUS was not any thing made that was made, right?
Hebrews 1:v.1-2
- 1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, -
- 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
John 1:v.3 All things were made by Him-by JESUS-; and without Him-without JESUS- was not any thing made that was made.
Why did God say to Moses as is written in Genesis 1:1-"in the beginning", and not "in JESUS"? Yes, why?

This will be commented in the next post

God the Father doesn't do magic. He doesn't do miracles. He makes it happen. Let there be Light and there was Light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Indeed Jesus is our example in everything,

Did Jesus keep the law? Yes He did. Did Jesus keep the Sabbath? Yes He did.

Acts 15:10 IN CONTEXT

Is talking about circumcision ...

5But some believers from the party of the Pharisees stood up and declared, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses.” 6So the apostles and elders met to look into this matter.

7After much discussion, Peter got up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you that the Gentiles would hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.

8And God, who knows the heart, showed His approval by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as He did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for He cleansed their hearts by faith.10Now then, why do you test God by placing on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11On the contrary, we believe it is through the grace of the Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Circumcision is not in the 10 commandments

Circumcision was ceremonial law .... they were trying to impose circumcision ceremonial law on the gentiles .... it was being introduced to them by Paul that they were sanctified through faith .... not through works of the flesh (circumcision) in a sense they had turned circumcision into a idol (badge of honor) and Paul was in the process of correcting their mis teaching about the matter.
Incorrect eleos1954.

Here is the verse you posted.

5But some believers from the party of the Pharisees stood up and declared, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses.” 6So the apostles and elders met to look into this matter.

This verse clearly states 'circumcision', and 'the law of Moses'.

Acts 15 concerns whether Gentiles must be yoked, i.e., under the law.

I can guarantee you that the word 'yoke' meant the law.

Acts 15 did not say that the Gentiles must obey the ten commandments?

Where did you get that phrase 'ceremonial law' from, that is not in the Bible?

Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟17,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
The waters stood above the mountains.

You have set a boundary that they may not pass over, That they may not return to cover the earth.
Can be interpreted in a variety of ways if you want I have a thread up proving a Universal flood didnt occur. World Flood???
Genesis 1:v.1- In the beginning, God created the heavens(four(4) heavens) and the earth.
-The mystery of GOD's Plan revealed to Moses 2.500 years after Adam,1.500 BC-
Dated genealogy I dont disagree with.
This is the first detail in Genesis 1 that I pick out to comment and emphasize.
I find it interesting and wonderful the fact that God revealed this mysterious Plan of restoration of all things to Moses only around 2,500 years, or two Days and half after He had started His works of restoration.
Theres alot of hebrew concerning this and I dont have time to go through notes on this I say you should read this I dont hold to your view that Earth made 6000 years
But the most important detail GOD revealed to Moses is about the beginning. Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning, God created the heavens (four(4) heavens) and the earth, that is, in JESUS God created the heavens and the earth; without JESUS was not any thing made that was made, right?
Ok?
In accord Scriptures, the Flood occurred around year 1656, yes, Scriptures prove it. Therefore, the 1st Day of God's works had ended 156 years before the flood, the 2nd Day started from around 1,500, in the exact time of Noah, and finished in the year 2,500, even in the time of Moses, as God revealed to Moses. I think this marvelous.

Later, I mean after the Flood, or about 2,080 years of works, as GOD revealed to Moses, He called Abram, because the Most High God had planned to form - to create - a nation for Himself exclusively. Abram was the God's chosen, and from the seed of Abram, God Almighty would go to work and executing His plan in to have a peculiar nation for Himself. Then from Abraham and Sara GOD made be born Isaac, and from Isaac, Jacob, and from Jacob his twelve sons. Time after Jacob and family went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons, and in the Egypt the Lord God - in continuation of His works of the second Day - made them as the stars of heaven in multitude, and then was born Moses around 427 years after Abraham, or around year 2,500 of God's works in His Plan of restoration, that is in the middle of the third Day, i.e. from 2,000 to 3,000 years of works.
Note that Moses wrote every things which GOD revealed unto him, i.e. of all works He had made since the FIRST Day, say, from year zero.
I already told you I am not a creationist.
Why did God say to Moses as is written in Genesis 1:1-"in the beginning", and not "in JESUS"? Yes, why?
Jesus wasnt incarnate he was the one acting with the Father in Genesis 1 as his word.

https://www.etsjets.org/files/JETS-PDFs/8/8-2/BETS_8_2_85-90_Payne.pdf

Upvote 0

OnePath

Oct 26, 2021
Texas
✟2,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesnt

It does.

Psalms 104:5-9 He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved. You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. At your rebuke they fled; at the sound of your thunder they took to flight. The mountains rose, the valleys sank down to the place that you appointed for them. You set a boundary that they may not pass, so that they might not again cover the earth.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We bear their inclination to sin.
That requires:
  1. a literal First Couple, and
  2. a literal Forbidden Fruit.
God is the river of life (Revelation 22:1-2, Jeremiah 2:13, John 7:37-39) that waters the tree of life. If God is water maybe He can be a tree as well? He says we must eat His Flesh and blood. He says He is the bread of life. Perhaps the Tree of life is yet another symbol of God or His Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Incorrect eleos1954.

Here is the verse you posted.

This verse clearly states 'circumcision', and 'the law of Moses'.

Acts 15 concerns whether Gentiles must be yoked, i.e., under the law.

I can guarantee you that the word 'yoke' meant the law.

Acts 15 did not say that the Gentiles must obey the ten commandments?

Where did you get that phrase 'ceremonial law' from, that is not in the Bible?
Neither is the word trinity .... (the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead)

well what happened .... the sanctuary system ceased ... no longer needed .... it's purpose was to lead others to Christ (until the seed-Christ) ... it had become a corrupt system ... so that system was nailed to the cross, earthly system no longer needed. Jesus is High priest and administers from the sanctuary in heaven.

“The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.” Psalm 19:7.

Even as natural law is unchangeable, so moral law cannot be changed. In Psalm 119 God’s moral law is described as “pure,” “the truth,” and “righteousness.” This being the very nature of God Himself, indicates that the moral law is a transcript of His nature.

“The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.” Psalm 111:7, 8.

“But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.” James 1:25.

It is strange that so many professed Christians claim that the law of God has been abolished. The law of God is often denounced as a yoke of bondage. Yet it is the lawbreaker who is deprived of liberty. This is true with respect to civil law and it is just as true with respect to the moral law. Therefore, James in chapter 1 verse 25 refers to God’s law as a law of liberty.

“If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.” James 2:8-12.

Jesus helps us overcome sin (sin is transgression of law). So obviously there is law in place.

Judgement can't take place unless there is law.

Romans 2:12

English Standard Version
For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Believers will be judged by the law, but if in Christ not condemned by it.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Neither is the word trinity .... (the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead)
This reply has nothing to do with what we are discussing. I asked you why you divide the law into moral law and ceremonial law?

I will now ask you if the following law is a moral law or a ceremonial law?

Deuteronomy 25:25
But if in the field the man finds the girl who is engaged, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lies with her shall die.

We will see whether your division of the law is valid.

I wonder whether rape is a moral action?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This reply has nothing to do with what we are discussing. I asked you why you divide the law into moral law and ceremonial law?

I will now ask you if the following law is a moral law or a ceremonial law?

Deuteronomy 25:25
But if in the field the man finds the girl who is engaged, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lies with her shall die.

We will see whether your division of the law is valid.

I wonder whether rape is a moral action?

Rape is adultery .... it is in the 10 and also can be committed in the heart, not just
through a physical action.

Matthew 5:28 - Jesus Speaking.

27You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Returning to my above post #86

John 1:v.3 All things were made by Him-by JESUS-; and without Him-without JESUS- was not any thing made that was made.

Now, now, it because the name of JESUS could not be revealed in that moment, or in that occasion, evidently. In the beginning -JESUS- was the Word, and the Word was God, and was with God-JESUS.

In fact, the NAME of JESUS would be revealed only and only in the fourth Day, or 4,000 years after Adam, as God said to Moses; (Remember that JESUS left very clear saying: My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. - Of course, it was still the fourth Day-that is from 4.001 to 5.000), and Moses spoke of JESUS who was literally hiden in the verse 16, as the Greater Light. Greater Light has nothing to do with the Sun of a 24hours day, and the Lesser Light has nothing to do with the moon that receives light from the Sun to be visible. Spiritually, the Lesser Light is the person of Holy Spirit- he receives light from the Greater Light-JESUS-, as said JESUS in John 16:v.12-15, right? Check it out.

Again: "In the beginning GOD created heavens...", yes, in JESUS, He, GOD Father, created the 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd heavens, and the fourth heaven, that is the heaven of the heavens, understand? However, until today, yeah, until this current time, GOD-JESUS- made ONLY the first two heavens-heavely places in Christ-, in fact, until the present time, only two heavenly places or two heavens have already been planted by GOD here on Earth (Isaiah 51:v.16 and 40:v.22). The next will be the third heaven, the Kingdom of God (Luke 20:v.35-36 and Revelation 11:v.15 to 18. Check it out)

The third heaven, which was visited by the Apostle Paul, it is the next heaven, that is the next celestial environment, the environment of the Kingdom of God, that will be still established or planted here in the Earth-1Cor.15:v.24-26 and Revelation 11:v.15. Check it out. JESUS said: Luke 20:v.35-36: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

What will happen from now on?
- Now see, the first two heavenly places - the Old and New Covenants- will be DISSOLVED or DISMANTLED as a whole in the days ahead -2Peter 3:v.7 and 11-13;

- The Kingdom of God will be "planted"/established in the earth (Revelation 5:v.10 and 11:v.15-18, among others);

- The heaven of the heavens will be established or planted only AFTER the Millennium of Christ and will be Eternal. Revelation 20:v.7-15;

- Satan will be cast into the bottomless pit that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years be fulfilled;

- And so on

We are already living in the beginning of the seventh and last Day, or in the beginning of the first century of the seventh and last millennium, the millennium of Christ, the millennium of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, and the millennium of Vengeance-2 Thessalonians 1:v.7-12.

May our God bless and keep us, and give us His protection

Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible(the Word is God), the only Wise God, be Honour and Glory for ever and ever. Amen.

In Christ
Oseas

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rape is adultery .... it is in the 10 and also can be committed in the heart, not just

27You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Here is another moral law, shown below. Is this law included in the law against adultery?

Exodus 21:16
He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dated genealogy I dont disagree with.
Theres alot of hebrew concerning this and I dont have time to go through notes on this I say you should read this I dont hold to your view that Earth made 6000 years

I see that you did not understand what was posted, maybe because another spirit different of mine
diverted you to a different direction than what was revealed im my post. I commented that's what GOD revealed to Moses about the RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS, not about CREATION. In fact, Genesis is a Plan of GOD revealed by GOD to Moses about the restitution of all things.- Acts 3:v.18-26.
The Earth, better, the Universe, the Most High GOD had created billions years ago. No one knows and never will know the exact age of the planet Earth.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already told you I am not a creationist.

I only exposed what GOD revealed to Moses. The source of Genesis is the own GOD, the Most High GOD, Moses only wrote what GOD said to him.

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days(last two days or around 2.000 years) spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds; Who being the brightness of His glory, and the EXPRESS image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: Being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. Hebrews 1:1-4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,917.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have an spiritual soul, God knew what the bodies of man would be like, because they are exactly what he planned them to be, body and soul work together, this fact that we have a soul, alone defeats evolution theory. Evolutionists say God is not needed for evolution to work its thing and 'create' people, however having a soul means every person was made by God, and our bodies that work with it too if you follow that truth.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is another moral law, shown below. Is this law included in the law against adultery?

We are not talking about just one or another .... we are talking about the 10 .... least I was ...

Exodus 21:16
He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death.

well .... it's in the context of servants .... God did not condone slavery, but knew it would happen .... and yes servants were considered property of a man .... like it or not.

You shall not steal.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I do not see that rape and adultery are the same thing, but each to his own.

Are all the following deeds of the flesh listed below. Are these deeds all contained in the ten commandments?

Galatians 5:18-21
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0