Genesis 6:1-4 and Jude 6&7 what do these passages mean? Why should we care?

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if the book of Enoch is lying, then how did St Jude the Apostle quote it in his epistle?!

Jude 1:14-15 "Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.",

Enoch 2nd chapter "Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him."

The Book of Enoch the Prophet: Chapter I-XX

Blessings
A born-again Christian who has been reading the Bible for several years only needs to read the "Book of Enoch" briefly to know that something is very wrong. There are so many obvious flaws with this alleged missing book of God's Word. It is clear to me that someone copied from the Bible and wrote this garbage. The same type of mumbo-jumbo can be readily observed in the Qur'an. I do NOT believe that Enoch, who lived during the time period of Genesis, wrote this manuscript.

Evidently the King James translators didn't either, and for good reason. The Devil is working relentlessly to corrupt God's Word, as he has been doing since the Garden of Eden, when he caused Eve to doubt God's Word. Satan is so shrewd that he even tried to confuse our Lord by misinterpreting the Scriptures in Matthew 4:1-10. In these apostate times, the Word of God is under attack like never before. The reason why is simple... if Satan can pervert the Word of God into a lie, then he can control the masses!
where are you sure from that the inheritors of eternal life will not be hundreds of trillions - you know that such a great number of people cannot be fitted in such a small place, moreover, the "heaven" is hardly so narrow that the Heavenly paradise of eternal life cannot be billions of miles across

Blessings

You may be right.......but that is not what the actual words of the Scripture say is it?????

Why would God go to trouble of giving exact measurments if it is not going to be that way?

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You probably should have left this out of your post.

toLiJC said:

the Heavenly Holy Angels are the ones that have won the eternal reward to live for many consecutive eternities since they were humans in this world for the last time in their respective times in previous eternities, because this is the only way humans can inherit and have eternal life for (as it were) ever and ever, so there is no way that it turn out any of them lost that reward within one single eternity, but there is a need of many (maybe at least millions of) consecutive eternities to pass so that such a soul is born as a human in this world who will began to sin afterward, because God has promised that such souls will not lose their reward, but there have been a lot of worshipers believing and professing that one third(33.3%) of the Heavenly Holy Angels will fall or already fell from the "heaven" becoming angels of satan, which is impossible, because if so many of them fell so easily, then it would not be possible for any soul to inherit eternal life for more than two consecutive single eternities

1.”the Heavenly Holy Angels are the ones that have won the eternal reward to live for many consecutive eternities”.

Angels were created by God to live forever they do not “earn, eternal reward”

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

you broke up the sentence and made it out to be as if there are two or more sentences making different points

everything that is said in the Bible is consistent with the (so-called) doctrine of eternal judgment, maybe you understand that in order for it to be possible that souls go either to live for ever and ever or to suffer for ever and ever, they must be indefinitely existing/present/available in the universe where the paradise of eternal life and the hell of eternal torments are located, but this also intimates that it would not be fair if God made only some souls go to hell for ever and ever without living ever in paradise of eternal life, but, as it is written, God is just/fair, otherwise if He wasn't such, His judgments would not be flawless enough so as He to be capable of being God the Father, that is why He has made every soul, either currently good or bad, go through the same fate/destiny as the fate/destiny of any other soul

Ecclesiastes 9:2-3 "All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath. This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all:"

and this happens through the course of the cycle of eternity

2. “they were humans in this world for the last time in their respective times in previous eternities”

Chapter and verse please?

for example:

1 Peter 1:19-20 "with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you",

Ephesians 1: 3-4 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:"

because They had done righteous works during many previous eternities, and thus had won a reward for this eternity

3. “there is no way that it turn out any of them lost that reward within one single eternity, but there is a need of many (maybe at least millions of) consecutive eternities to pass so that such a soul is born as a human in this world who will began to sin afterward”

What is your definition of eternity? Chapter and verse please

eternity is both endless and periodic/cyclic, because there is an eternal beginning and an eternal end, therefore there is a single eternity, which is a period with a beginning and an end, but it always begins again after its end like a wheel rotating endlessly at a constant speed about an axis and making full revolutions, all events of the single eternity repeat in exactly the same way and order every subsequent eternal cycle - whatever people do in this eternity, the same will be done in every subsequent eternity, only the souls are alternated as to their (eternal) positions/personalities, in this single eternity i am who i am now, you are who are you now, and each of others is who he/she is now, but in the next single eternity i will be in the place of someone else, you will also be in the place of someone else, and each of others will also be in the place of someone else - so everyone will be in the place of any other during the course of the cycle of eternity, because there is a single eternity, but there is also a full circle of single eternities

Revelation 21:6 (NASB) "He said to me, It is done(i.e. it turns out to be a real fact and true as well as one and the same, and not for the first time). I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end(i.e. the beginning and the end of the single eternity).",

Ecclesiastes 1:9-11 (NIV) "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, “Look! This is something new”? It was here already, long ago(i.e. in the previous eternities); it was here before our time(i.e. before this eternal cycle). No one remembers the former generations(i.e. none of the creatures can remember/know which/what positions/personalities/fates were the positions/personalities/fates of the souls in the previous eternal cycles), and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them(i.e. and the hitherto occupied positions/personalities/fates of the souls will not be remembered/known by the creatures in the next/future eternities).",

Revelation 19:3 (Aramaic Bible in PE) "her smoke ascends to the eternity of eternities.",

Revelation 22:5 (Aramaic Bible in PE) "he is their King for the eternity of eternities."

4. “there have been a lot of worshipers believing and professing that one third(33.3%) of the Heavenly Holy Angels will fall or already fell from the "heaven" becoming angels of satan, which is impossible, because if so many of them fell so easily, then it would not be possible for any soul to inherit eternal life for more than two consecutive single eternities”

Chapter and verse explanation please?

is there speak of souled beings in the Bible that are neither glorious beings/angels, nor humans, nor animals, nor devils, of course excluding Jesus and God the Father (because we talk more specifically about human beings inheriting eternal life)?!, so the only way humans can have abundant life for a series of eternities is to be born as Angles in the "Heaven" for a series of next/future eternities, or as you quoted that verse:

Luke 20:36-38 (NIV) "they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection. But in the account of the burning bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

the souls of the Angels are also alternated as to the(ir) (eternal) positions/roles

Blessings

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A born-again Christian who has been reading the Bible for several years only needs to read the "Book of Enoch" briefly to know that something is very wrong. There are so many obvious flaws with this alleged missing book of God's Word. It is clear to me that someone copied from the Bible and wrote this garbage. The same type of mumbo-jumbo can be readily observed in the Qur'an. I do NOT believe that Enoch, who lived during the time period of Genesis, wrote this manuscript.

Evidently the King James translators didn't either, and for good reason. The Devil is working relentlessly to corrupt God's Word, as he has been doing since the Garden of Eden, when he caused Eve to doubt God's Word. Satan is so shrewd that he even tried to confuse our Lord by misinterpreting the Scriptures in Matthew 4:1-10. In these apostate times, the Word of God is under attack like never before. The reason why is simple... if Satan can pervert the Word of God into a lie, then he can control the masses!

i have found the same truth in the book of Enoch as the truth in the Bible - there is no difference, but not everyone can see the sameness, yes, it is possible that the book of Enoch turn out not to be passed down quite accurately through the millennia, but in principle, as Jude also mentioned in His epistle, it is original, and it is possible that not Enoch but someone else, who was aware of what Enoch prophesied, wrote the manuscript of the book of Enoch

You may be right.......but that is not what the actual words of the Scripture say is it?????

Why would God go to trouble of giving exact measurments if it is not going to be that way?

the measurements are spiritual, not physical/material - this is the explanation - the dimensions of the paradise of eternal life are hardly limited to a few thousands miles

Blessings

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i have found the same truth in the book of Enoch as the truth in the Bible - there is no difference, but not everyone can see the sameness, yes, it is possible that the book of Enoch turn out not to be passed down quite accurately through the millennia, but in principle, as Jude also mentioned in His epistle, it is original, and it is possible that not Enoch but someone else, who was aware of what Enoch prophesied, wrote the manuscript of the book of Enoch

the measurements are spiritual, not physical/material - this is the explanation - the dimensions of the paradise of eternal life are hardly limited to a few thousands miles

Blessings

My dear friend. I in no way am trying to disrespect you or anyone else. I am simply one who trys to expound the truth of the Scriptures.

Now, having said that, there is no way for anyone to read the book of Enoch and come away thinking that it has the same truth as does the Bible.

Enoch 40:9-10.............
"I have seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days. "

Now where in the Bible do we find the name of PHANUEL the angle mentioned by Enoch??????
If the book of Enoch has the same truth as the Scriptures then this angel would be able to be found just as we can find Michael and Gabriel. SO THEN, WHEN DO WE FIND THIS ANGEL????

The TRUTH is that the Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel.

The OCCULTIC book of Enoch says that this angel named PHANUEL is placed over the saved people who accept Christ. Again, where in the Bible do we find that statement????????????

The TRUTH is that there is NO PHANUEL much less one who is an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. That my dear brother is blasphemy!!!!!!
You have stated that you have found just as much truth in Enoch as you have the Bible. From what I have just shown you, I have to ask you if you have read the Bible and the book of Enoch.

That statement I just posted for you in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches.

We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... ....
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

Now what I have just posted for you is easy to verify. YOU do the work!

Enoch is an OCCULTIC book!!! The reason why the early church fathers and the King James Bible translators rejected the Book of Enoch as inspired of God, WASN'T to hide the truth; BUT, because it isn't the truth. The Book of Enoch is a fraud, an imposter, and straight from Hell.

When I first read what I posted for you above of the Book of Enoch that an angel named Phanuel is "set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life" ... I knew the Book of Enoch was fraudulent. I did not need another example as that one was the only one I need. However, I can supply many for YOU if that one is not sufficient.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My dear friend. I in no way am trying to disrespect you or anyone else. I am simply one who trys to expound the truth of the Scriptures.

Now, having said that, there is no way for anyone to read the book of Enoch and come away thinking that it has the same truth as does the Bible.

Enoch 40:9-10.............
"I have seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days. "

Now where in the Bible do we find the name of PHANUEL the angle mentioned by Enoch??????
If the book of Enoch has the same truth as the Scriptures then this angel would be able to be found just as we can find Michael and Gabriel. SO THEN, WHEN DO WE FIND THIS ANGEL????

The TRUTH is that the Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel.

The OCCULTIC book of Enoch says that this angel named PHANUEL is placed over the saved people who accept Christ. Again, where in the Bible do we find that statement????????????

The TRUTH is that there is NO PHANUEL much less one who is an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. That my dear brother is blasphemy!!!!!!
You have stated that you have found just as much truth in Enoch as you have the Bible. From what I have just shown you, I have to ask you if you have read the Bible and the book of Enoch.

That statement I just posted for you in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches.

We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... ....
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

Now what I have just posted for you is easy to verify. YOU do the work!

Enoch is an OCCULTIC book!!! The reason why the early church fathers and the King James Bible translators rejected the Book of Enoch as inspired of God, WASN'T to hide the truth; BUT, because it isn't the truth. The Book of Enoch is a fraud, an imposter, and straight from Hell.

When I first read what I posted for you above of the Book of Enoch that an angel named Phanuel is "set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life" ... I knew the Book of Enoch was fraudulent. I did not need another example as that one was the only one I need. However, I can supply many for YOU if that one is not sufficient.

i understand your concerns, all those prophetic books that seem potentially false are really worrying, and in principle your way of thinking is well-founded, but couldn't it turn out that there are thousands of Heavenly Holy Angels of the true Lord God, not just a few?! - at least i personally don't see/find any evidence in the Bible which proves that They are only a few, and the fact that only the names of some such Angels are mentioned therein doesn't mean there have been no more Angels of God and Jesus than the ones whose names are mentioned in the Bible, yes, i say all Heavenly Holy Angels are Angels of God and Jesus, because They all are subordinate to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, and i think the Holy Angels that are mentioned in the book of Enoch are presented there as subordinate to the true Lord God, i.e. including to Jesus Christ, it is another question (albeit of the same nature) whether all worshipers understand these things, because if you remember, the Lord is not presented as Jesus Christ in the books of the old covenant/testament, because, as some of the Holy Apostles say in their epistles, Jesus Christ has been the Lord Himself even since the beginning of the eternity when God began to create for the first time therein, but has become and been known as such to/by much more people and nowadays even to/by all humankind only since He was glorified after beginning His mission as a messiah in this world about 2 millennia ago - He had just not been known to/by so many people before

so why not more than a few Heavenly Holy Angels of God and Jesus?!, and how do you identify the book of Enoch as occult?!, because i don't see /find the signs typical of the occult books therein, but there are just some more details therein, which is typical of the holy scriptures of that old, ancient time - let's not forget that Enoch was actually the first great true Prophet of the true Lord God, and he was the seventh from Adam, the great-grandfather of Noah, who (in his turn) was the tenth from Adam - i don't think we should be hasty to decry such prophets or their works, because it may thus easily turn out that we denigrate them - let's not forget that such Prophets that didn't die but were resurrected and taken up to "Heaven" in glory while still living and without dying were a few, i mean such as Elijah and Enoch, yes, Enoch was also resurrected and taken up to "Heaven" in glory while still living in this world and without dying, which indicates that He was one of the very great true Prophets of the true Lord God

as for the misunderstanding of the book of Enoch, there are really not a few parts/fragments of that manuscript that are missing, moreover, some of them are (quite) large, but this doesn't necessarily mean the book of Enoch is false, though there are some things in it which are similar to some things typical of the occult books, but just such was the style of the ancient spiritual books, for example, it seems as if Enoch (ostensibly) speaks of women stuff such as makeup, as well as of sex:

Enoch 8:1-2 "Moreover Azazyel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered. Impiety increased; fornication multiplied; and they transgressed and corrupted all their ways."

but in these verses there is actually speak of spiritual things, more specifically of occult and idolatrous things explained figuratively (spiritually speaking in a language that is typical of the biblical scriptures), which is actually typical of the biblical books of the old testament, so the occult is really present in the book of Enoch, but not more than it is present in Bible's books, because, as St Paul says in 1 Corinthians 2, the true Prophets of God had/have had to explain the spiritual things comparing spiritual with occult so that the concerned people listening to Them could/can understand what/which spiritual things are of the true One and what/which spiritual things are of the wicked one in order to follow the spiritual that is of the true God and protect themselves from the spiritual that is of satan

in conclusion, i can say the book of Enoch is actually one of the biblical scriptures, but i say biblical in the sense that i talk, in general, about the scriptures coming from the true God and His true Prophets/Saints, of course not a few of these books have not been included in the Bible, just because the people that have compiled the Bible didn't find it appropriate to collect too many books in it, because they have traditionally tried to keep the Bible to no more than about one thousand pages with a view to not boring its readers (as it were) with too much written material, which doesn't mean there are no other authentic holy scriptures that can worthily be called biblical

Blessings

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i understand your concerns, all those prophetic books that seem potentially false are really worrying, and in principle your way of thinking is well-founded, but couldn't it turn out that there are thousands of Heavenly Holy Angels of the true Lord God, not just a few?! - at least i personally don't see/find any evidence in the Bible which proves that They are only a few, and the fact that only the names of some such Angels are mentioned therein doesn't mean there have been no more Angels of God and Jesus than the ones whose names are mentioned in the Bible, yes, i say all Heavenly Holy Angels are Angels of God and Jesus, because They all are subordinate to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, and i think the Holy Angels that are mentioned in the book of Enoch are presented there as subordinate to the true Lord God, i.e. including to Jesus Christ, it is another question (albeit of the same nature) whether all worshipers understand these things, because if you remember, the Lord is not presented as Jesus Christ in the books of the old covenant/testament, because, as some of the Holy Apostles say in their epistles, Jesus Christ has been the Lord Himself even since the beginning of the eternity when God began to create for the first time therein, but has become and been known as such to/by much more people and nowadays even to/by all humankind only since He was glorified after beginning His mission as a messiah in this world about 2 millennia ago - He had just not been known to/by so many people before

so why not more than a few Heavenly Holy Angels of God and Jesus?!, and how do you identify the book of Enoch as occult?!, because i don't see /find the signs typical of the occult books therein, but there are just some more details therein, which is typical of the holy scriptures of that old, ancient time - let's not forget that Enoch was actually the first great true Prophet of the true Lord God, and he was the seventh from Adam, the great-grandfather of Noah, who (in his turn) was the tenth from Adam - i don't think we should be hasty to decry such prophets or their works, because it may thus easily turn out that we denigrate them - let's not forget that such Prophets that didn't die but were resurrected and taken up to "Heaven" in glory while still living and without dying were a few, i mean such as Elijah and Enoch, yes, Enoch was also resurrected and taken up to "Heaven" in glory while still living in this world and without dying, which indicates that He was one of the very great true Prophets of the true Lord God

as for the misunderstanding of the book of Enoch, there are really not a few parts/fragments of that manuscript that are missing, moreover, some of them are (quite) large, but this doesn't necessarily mean the book of Enoch is false, though there are some things in it which are similar to some things typical of the occult books, but just such was the style of the ancient spiritual books, for example, it seems as if Enoch (ostensibly) speaks of women stuff such as makeup, as well as of sex:

Enoch 8:1-2 "Moreover Azazyel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered. Impiety increased; fornication multiplied; and they transgressed and corrupted all their ways."

but in these verses there is actually speak of spiritual things, more specifically of occult and idolatrous things explained figuratively (spiritually speaking in a language that is typical of the biblical scriptures), which is actually typical of the biblical books of the old testament, so the occult is really present in the book of Enoch, but not more than it is present in Bible's books, because, as St Paul says in 1 Corinthians 2, the true Prophets of God had/have had to explain the spiritual things comparing spiritual with occult so that the concerned people listening to Them could/can understand what/which spiritual things are of the true One and what/which spiritual things are of the wicked one in order to follow the spiritual that is of the true God and protect themselves from the spiritual that is of satan

in conclusion, i can say the book of Enoch is actually one of the biblical scriptures, but i say biblical in the sense that i talk, in general, about the scriptures coming from the true God and His true Prophets/Saints, of course not a few of these books have not been included in the Bible, just because the people that have compiled the Bible didn't find it appropriate to collect too many books in it, because they have traditionally tried to keep the Bible to no more than about one thousand pages with a view to not boring its readers (as it were) with too much written material, which doesn't mean there are no other authentic holy scriptures that can worthily be called biblical

Blessings

Hello my brother. Good to speak with you.

You said........
"They are only a few, and the fact that only the names of some such Angels are mentioned therein doesn't mean there have been no more Angels of God and Jesus than the ones whose names are mentioned in the Bible".

Actually brother, that is exactly what it means. If there were other angels with names, God would have told us. The point is that you are accepting the word in Enoch which is an Anti-Christ book which teaches things that are not in the Bible.

This has nothing to do with the real and literal man we know as Enoch.

It has to do entirely with the fact that the book in his name is a FORGERY!!!!!

Please remember that Enoch WAS rejected as a canonical book 1700 years ago by 48 men of God for a reason. It is NOT inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is just a lot of ramblings. Jude quoted from it because there was just ONE passage which was considered inspired. Nowhere else in the whole Bible are any other verses from Enoch quoted.

We should compare scripture with scripture ( the inspired writings as contained within the canonical books). This also applies to the apocrapha writings which are NOT inspired and NOT canonical.

We should NEVER include within our theology teachings from those external books. In fact (as I understand it) much of the false teachings within the Catholic church are based on those external books including the apocrypha. Let us NOT become like them introducing external heresies but STICK to 66 inspired books of the Bible and encourage everybody to read those books alone as they are everything we need for our salvation, faith and journey.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello my brother. Good to speak with you.

You said........
"They are only a few, and the fact that only the names of some such Angels are mentioned therein doesn't mean there have been no more Angels of God and Jesus than the ones whose names are mentioned in the Bible".

Actually brother, that is exactly what it means. If there were other angels with names, God would have told us. The point is that you are accepting the word in Enoch which is an Anti-Christ book which teaches things that are not in the Bible.

This has nothing to do with the real and literal man we know as Enoch.

It has to do entirely with the fact that the book in his name is a FORGERY!!!!!

Please remember that Enoch WAS rejected as a canonical book 1700 years ago by 48 men of God for a reason. It is NOT inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is just a lot of ramblings. Jude quoted from it because there was just ONE passage which was considered inspired. Nowhere else in the whole Bible are any other verses from Enoch quoted.

We should compare scripture with scripture ( the inspired writings as contained within the canonical books). This also applies to the apocrapha writings which are NOT inspired and NOT canonical.

We should NEVER include within our theology teachings from those external books. In fact (as I understand it) much of the false teachings within the Catholic church are based on those external books including the apocrypha. Let us NOT become like them introducing external heresies but STICK to 66 inspired books of the Bible and encourage everybody to read those books alone as they are everything we need for our salvation, faith and journey.

how is it possible that there be any Heavenly Holy Angel without a name?!, if usually every human has some name, and even animals(e.g. pets) are named, then how much more must every Heavenly Holy Angel have a name?!, if you read the book Revelation, which is one of the holy scriptures included in the Bible, to be more precise the last one, you will read therein about many Heavenly Holy Angels of God and Jesus:

Revelation 5:11-13 "And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

but the fact that the names of most of them are not mentioned in the biblical scriptures doesn't mean they have no names - is it written anywhere in the Bible that some Angels have no names?!, for example, Gabriel is mentioned only in a few verses therein, Michael is also mentioned only in a few places therein, but They the Two are the Greatest and most important Angels, especially Michael, Who is the main representative of the Holy Spirit, as for the names of the other Heavenly Holy Angels, they are not mentioned in the books included in the Bible as God has determined that there is no need for most worshipers to know their names, including because many people might began worshiping Angels (contrary to the first of the Ten Commandments of God - Exodus 20:3) if they knew their names, and maybe this is at least one of the reasons why the people that had compiled the Bible did not include the book of Enoch therein, moreover, there are many missing parts/fragments thereof, but this doesn't mean that there is such an Angel having no name, nor that the book of Enoch is a forgery, because there had been a time when the Prophets of the true God had to explain the truth in more detail, because in that time the world had been full of occultism/esotericism and most worshipers had been occultists/esotericists, and the Prophets of the true God had to explain the truth in more detail so that those occultists/esotericists could understand the difference between the spiritual of the true God and the spiritual of satan that they followed in the form of human(666) religions, for such people usually could/would not believe in the truth without receiving much enough information about the true difference between spiritual and spiritual, because they were at a very deep/high level of occult/esoteric knowledge and needed a lot of such a true information so as to believe in the truth of the true God, that is why Enoch might need/have to explain the truth of the true God in more detail than it was necessary later, so that as many of those occultists and idolaters in the time before the "flood" as possible could understand the (as it were) true truth and repent of their great spiritual iniquities

i don't think it will certainly be quite right if we are hasty to decry any biblical prophecy before it is certain what its nature really is

1 Thessalonians 5:20-22 (ESV) "Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil."

moreover, we should not deprive the true Prophets/Saints of their glory - i mean that if such a scripture is authentic but we claim it is fake, thus we can make its Prophet be deprived of His glory that He has in the true Lord God

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
how is it possible that there be any Heavenly Holy Angel without a name?!, if usually every human has some name, and even animals(e.g. pets) are named, then how much more must every Heavenly Holy Angel have a name?!, if you read the book Revelation, which is one of the holy scriptures included in the Bible, to be more precise the last one, you will read therein about many Heavenly Holy Angels of God and Jesus:

Revelation 5:11-13 "And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

but the fact that the names of most of them are not mentioned in the biblical scriptures doesn't mean they have no names - is it written anywhere in the Bible that some Angels have no names?!, for example, Gabriel is mentioned only in a few verses therein, Michael is also mentioned only in a few places therein, but They the Two are the Greatest and most important Angels, especially Michael, Who is the main representative of the Holy Spirit, as for the names of the other Heavenly Holy Angels, they are not mentioned in the books included in the Bible as God has determined that there is no need for most worshipers to know their names, including because many people might began worshiping Angels (contrary to the first of the Ten Commandments of God - Exodus 20:3) if they knew their names, and maybe this is at least one of the reasons why the people that had compiled the Bible did not include the book of Enoch therein, moreover, there are many missing parts/fragments thereof, but this doesn't mean that there is such an Angel having no name, nor that the book of Enoch is a forgery, because there had been a time when the Prophets of the true God had to explain the truth in more detail, because in that time the world had been full of occultism/esotericism and most worshipers had been occultists/esotericists, and the Prophets of the true God had to explain the truth in more detail so that those occultists/esotericists could understand the difference between the spiritual of the true God and the spiritual of satan that they followed in the form of human(666) religions, for such people usually could/would not believe in the truth without receiving much enough information about the true difference between spiritual and spiritual, because they were at a very deep/high level of occult/esoteric knowledge and needed a lot of such a true information so as to believe in the truth of the true God, that is why Enoch might need/have to explain the truth of the true God in more detail than it was necessary later, so that as many of those occultists and idolaters in the time before the "flood" as possible could understand the (as it were) true truth and repent of their great spiritual iniquities

i don't think it will certainly be quite right if we are hasty to decry any biblical prophecy before it is certain what its nature really is

1 Thessalonians 5:20-22 (ESV) "Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil."

moreover, we should not deprive the true Prophets/Saints of their glory - i mean that if such a scripture is authentic but we claim it is fake, thus we can make its Prophet be deprived of His glory that He has in the true Lord God

Blessings

The fact my friend is that only ONE of the heavenly angels in Revelation are mentioned. Michael!

There are only TWO angels named in the Bible itself. Michael and Gabriel. Only Michael is mentioned as an "Arch Angel".

If you want to include fallen angels then we can add TWO more. .....Lucifer/Satan and Apollyon/Abaddon.

That's it. Angels have no names as far as we know because that is the way God wants it to be.

Why do we think that there are females angles? The world thinks that. Look at Christmas cards and you see Female angels and bay angels.

There are no "Baby" angels in the Bible. There are no females angels in the Bible.

The Bible does not say that angels have wings, but ask any person you want to and they will say YES they do. Now you will probably say that "Cherubim" have wings.

We read of Cherubim in Ezekiel 1 and they are described as having wings. However they are also described as having four faces; a man, a lion, an ox and an eagle (Ezekiel 1). They are also described as having wheels as well as wings. They also have feet which are like the color of “burnished brass” and their general appearance is like “burning coals of fire” (Ezekiel 1:7&13). In most places these beings are often used in a symbolic way. For example in the visions of Ezekiel which we have refereed to, or in the Most Holy place in the Tabernacle – in which all the features were symbolic, pointing to the work of Christ in some way (Galatians 3:24). Their ‘features’ are all symbols whose meaning can be deciphered by looking up the characteristics in other parts of the Bible. They represent Gods character which is manifested. - See more at: Do angels have wings? | The Gospel Truth

The point is.......what does it matter?

If God wanted us to know the names of angels in heaven He would have told us. Because He didn't means that it has no importance in the scope of eternal things.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The fact my friend is that only ONE of the heavenly angels in Revelation are mentioned. Michael!

There are only TWO angels named in the Bible itself. Michael and Gabriel. Only Michael is mentioned as an "Arch Angel".

If you want to include fallen angels then we can add TWO more. .....Lucifer/Satan and Apollyon/Abaddon.

That's it. Angels have no names as far as we know because that is the way God wants it to be.

Why do we think that there are females angles? The world thinks that. Look at Christmas cards and you see Female angels and bay angels.

There are no "Baby" angels in the Bible. There are no females angels in the Bible.

The Bible does not say that angels have wings, but ask any person you want to and they will say YES they do. Now you will probably say that "Cherubim" have wings.

We read of Cherubim in Ezekiel 1 and they are described as having wings. However they are also described as having four faces; a man, a lion, an ox and an eagle (Ezekiel 1). They are also described as having wheels as well as wings. They also have feet which are like the color of “burnished brass” and their general appearance is like “burning coals of fire” (Ezekiel 1:7&13). In most places these beings are often used in a symbolic way. For example in the visions of Ezekiel which we have refereed to, or in the Most Holy place in the Tabernacle – in which all the features were symbolic, pointing to the work of Christ in some way (Galatians 3:24). Their ‘features’ are all symbols whose meaning can be deciphered by looking up the characteristics in other parts of the Bible. They represent Gods character which is manifested. - See more at: Do angels have wings? | The Gospel Truth

The point is.......what does it matter?

If God wanted us to know the names of angels in heaven He would have told us. Because He didn't means that it has no importance in the scope of eternal things.

yes, i understand this, but the question was about the authenticity of the book of Enoch, and i think it must not necessarily be false, because we can see some Holy Glorious Beings/Angels that are mentioned in some of the books of the Bible are not mentioned in every book thereof, which indicates that the book of Enoch at least may also be one of the authentic biblical books that present such beings/angels, i.e., IOW, the fact that the book of Enoch presents more information about Holy Angels than the books included in the Bible is not an indication that it is certainly false

Blessings

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yes, i understand this, but the question was about the authenticity of the book of Enoch, and i think it must not necessarily be false, because we can see some Holy Glorious Beings/Angels that are mentioned in some of the books of the Bible are not mentioned in every book thereof, which indicates that the book of Enoch at least may also be one of the authentic biblical books that present such beings/angels, i.e., IOW, the fact that the book of Enoch presents more information about Holy Angels than the books included in the Bible is not an indication that it is certainly false

Blessings

No disrespect to you my brother but I think that no matter what you are shown about the Occultic book of Enoch you are still going to accept as being on the same level as the canonized Scriptures.

I have shown you FACTS of the actual printed heresies contained in Enoch and every single time you make an excuse as to why you will still accept it. What I have posted for you is NOT my opinion and neither is it my thinking. Those were the exact words found in the book itself.

That is disturbing to me as it says something about where you are coming from personally.
From what I am reading from you, it spears to me that You my friend are placing YOUR "wants" above and beyond the facts of history and theology.

Please consider the historical fact that the King James translators, 48 scholarly men skilled in the Hebrew and Greek languages, DIDN'T accept the Book of Enoch! However, YOU are saying that your "WANTS" are more important and more valid than were all of those men combined. Think about that for just a moment.

You see, many godly men today write good books; but they are still flawed human beings, prone to sin, who aren't always doctrinally correct in every area. It would be a great evil to recognize their writings as EQUAL with God's Word the Bible. But Enoch is not even close to that but that is what YOU are doing.

Jesus condemned following the TRADITIONS of men over the commandments of God inMark 7:6-13. Even king David warned against trusting men rather than God in Psalm 118:8. This is why Seventh-Day Adventists are a false religion, because they elevate the writings of Ellen G. White as EQUAL with the Bible. Scientologists do the same, by elevating the writings of Ron Hubbard as EQUAL with the Bible. Catholics are woefully guilty of elevating the teaching of the Vatican, fabricated over the centuries, as EQUAL with God's Word.

I pray that you will reconsider your thinking on this subject as the fact really is that Enoch is an OCCULT production.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No disrespect to you my brother but I think that no matter what you are shown about the Occultic book of Enoch you are still going to accept as being on the same level as the canonized Scriptures.

I have shown you FACTS of the actual printed heresies contained in Enoch and every single time you make an excuse as to why you will still accept it. What I have posted for you is NOT my opinion and neither is it my thinking. Those were the exact words found in the book itself.

That is disturbing to me as it says something about where you are coming from personally.
From what I am reading from you, it spears to me that You my friend are placing YOUR "wants" above and beyond the facts of history and theology.

Please consider the historical fact that the King James translators, 48 scholarly men skilled in the Hebrew and Greek languages, DIDN'T accept the Book of Enoch! However, YOU are saying that your "WANTS" are more important and more valid than were all of those men combined. Think about that for just a moment.

You see, many godly men today write good books; but they are still flawed human beings, prone to sin, who aren't always doctrinally correct in every area. It would be a great evil to recognize their writings as EQUAL with God's Word the Bible. But Enoch is not even close to that but that is what YOU are doing.

Jesus condemned following the TRADITIONS of men over the commandments of God inMark 7:6-13. Even king David warned against trusting men rather than God in Psalm 118:8. This is why Seventh-Day Adventists are a false religion, because they elevate the writings of Ellen G. White as EQUAL with the Bible. Scientologists do the same, by elevating the writings of Ron Hubbard as EQUAL with the Bible. Catholics are woefully guilty of elevating the teaching of the Vatican, fabricated over the centuries, as EQUAL with God's Word.

I pray that you will reconsider your thinking on this subject as the fact really is that Enoch is an OCCULT production.

how can you be so sure about that?!, where do you know this from?!, i know even from experience that the modern, popular christian theology/tradition is full of beliefs that do not fully correspond to what is written in the Bible, and seems to be based on uncertain/unproven beliefs

i don't dare to deem/call any biblical scripture false before it is fully proven, for me, to be false, and in the case of the book of Enoch, i even know that it is genuine in principle, because i have found that in principle there is a full correspondence between what is written in the Bible and what is written in the book of Enoch, of course thanks to the true Lord God, Who revealed the truth to me

of course, every worshiper has a right not to trust any persuasion/notion/belief that is not certain/proven enough, for them, to be true, but i do not recommend anyone blaspheme what and who they don't know, nor anything or anyone holy that they know

Jude 1:10-14 "these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves..... And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these"

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
how can you be so sure about that?!, where do you know this from?!, i know even from experience that the modern, popular christian theology/tradition is full of beliefs that do not fully correspond to what is written in the Bible, and seems to be based on uncertain/unproven beliefs

i don't dare to deem/call any biblical scripture false before it is fully proven, for me, to be false, and in the case of the book of Enoch, i even know that it is genuine in principle, because i have found that in principle there is a full correspondence between what is written in the Bible and what is written in the book of Enoch, of course thanks to the true Lord God, Who revealed the truth to me

of course, every worshiper has a right not to trust any persuasion/notion/belief that is not certain/proven enough, for them, to be true, but i do not recommend anyone blaspheme what and who they don't know, nor anything or anyone holy that they know

Jude 1:10-14 "these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves..... And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these"

Blessings

Where did my comments on Enoch come from????

From actually reading the Book of Enoch my dear friend. I have a copy right here on my book shelf. All you have to do is read it and the anti-Christ, OCCULAT nature jumps right out at you.

Believe me, I am as far from the "modern, liberal" theology of today as a frog is from the Sahara Desert. I am OLD SCHOOL. I am and have been nothing more than An Old country boy from Alabama and proud of it.

Now my friend......someone may have revealed something to you about the book of Enoch, but it was not God. Now read and understand me carefully..........
Every Scripture Jesus ever quoted is found in the Old Testament, without any reference to a Book of Enoch.

The reason why the early church fathers and the King James Bible translators rejected the Book of Enoch as inspired of God, WASN'T to hide the truth; BUT, because it isn't the truth. The Book of Enoch is a fraud, an imposter, and straight from Hell.

Please try to cross-referencing the Book of Enoch with the Word of God ... good luck!

When I read in chapter 1:9 of the Book of Enoch that an angel named Phanuel is "set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life" ... I knew the Book of Enoch was fraudulent. And may I say to you that any Christian should be able to do the same thing!

There is NO MENTION of an angel named PHANUEL in the Word of God and absolutely no one except the Lord Jesus Christ is "Set over the repentance unto hope of those who are saved".

That statement right there in Enoch makes it an "OCCULTIC" production.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where did my comments on Enoch come from????

From actually reading the Book of Enoch my dear friend. I have a copy right here on my book shelf. All you have to do is read it and the anti-Christ, OCCULAT nature jumps right out at you.

Believe me, I am as far from the "modern, liberal" theology of today as a frog is from the Sahara Desert. I am OLD SCHOOL. I am and have been nothing more than An Old country boy from Alabama and proud of it.

Now my friend......someone may have revealed something to you about the book of Enoch, but it was not God. Now read and understand me carefully..........
Every Scripture Jesus ever quoted is found in the Old Testament, without any reference to a Book of Enoch.

The reason why the early church fathers and the King James Bible translators rejected the Book of Enoch as inspired of God, WASN'T to hide the truth; BUT, because it isn't the truth. The Book of Enoch is a fraud, an imposter, and straight from Hell.

Please try to cross-referencing the Book of Enoch with the Word of God ... good luck!

When I read in chapter 1:9 of the Book of Enoch that an angel named Phanuel is "set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life" ... I knew the Book of Enoch was fraudulent. And may I say to you that any Christian should be able to do the same thing!

There is NO MENTION of an angel named PHANUEL in the Word of God and absolutely no one except the Lord Jesus Christ is "Set over the repentance unto hope of those who are saved".

That statement right there in Enoch makes it an "OCCULTIC" production.

i cannot afford to blaspheme Holy Angels or holy scriptures, given that the Heavenly Holy Angels are the system servants of life in a way similar to how the parts of a mechanism (such as a mechanical watch) make it work most properly when each of them is in its proper place in the mechanism, yes, the Heaven(ly Kingdom) is something like a mechanism consisting of many system parts which are actually the Heavenly Holy Angels of God - the mechanism cannot work perfectly if any of them is not in His place, nor is it possible that any of them fall from His heavenly position, because God cannot afford to allow this to happen, for there is an eternal order and sequence of (the) souls' positions which must not be changed - and the Lord Jesus Christ is the chief of all those Angels, so from this perspective He is everything, but this doesn't mean that we should blaspheme any of His Angels or truths

Blessings

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i cannot afford to blaspheme Holy Angels or holy scriptures, given that the Heavenly Holy Angels are the system servants of life in a way similar to how the parts of a mechanism (such as a mechanical watch) make it work most properly when each of them is in its proper place in the mechanism, yes, the Heaven(ly Kingdom) is something like a mechanism consisting of many system parts which are actually the Heavenly Holy Angels of God - the mechanism cannot work perfectly if any of them is not in His place, nor is it possible that any of them fall from His heavenly position, because God cannot afford to allow this to happen, for there is an eternal order and sequence of (the) souls' positions which must not be changed - and the Lord Jesus Christ is the chief of all those Angels, so from this perspective He is everything, but this doesn't mean that we should blaspheme any of His Angels or truths

Blessings

In essence you have rejected every single word posted for you. You have accepted the OCCULTIC book of Enoch in light of the verified advice given to you. Even the obvious references to angels who do not exist and then you have just said.........."and the Lord Jesus Christ is the chief of all those Angels". You are saying that Jesus is an angle!!!!

My dear, Jesus is God! He is the Creator of the angels, the earth, the universe.

All I can now say at this point is may God bless you my child!

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In essence you have rejected every single word posted for you. You have accepted the OCCULTIC book of Enoch in light of the verified advice given to you. Even the obvious references to angels who do not exist and then you have just said.........."and the Lord Jesus Christ is the chief of all those Angels". You are saying that Jesus is an angle!!!!

My dear, Jesus is God! He is the Creator of the angels, the earth, the universe.

All I can now say at this point is may God bless you my child!

no, i am not hasty with inferences, judgments, conclusions, opinions and decisions as to the interpretation of scripture(s), by "chief" i meant that Jesus is the head of all holy glorious beings and angels, i didn't mean He is just an angel, but it is certain to me that He is much more than an angel, the book of Enoch may be occult for a person whose spiritual perception is occult, not truly spiritual, especially if they interpret what is written therein according to occultism, not to the Word that comes from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

in my opinion, as the true One taught me, proven is only what has been proven enough to me or only what i has proven enough through faith in Him, otherwise i could not be sure what the true truth really is, for example, will you believe/trust the people around you if each of them tells you that 2 plus 2 is 3?!, or would it be better for you to believe/trust such people just like that?!

i ask this question(s), because personally i don't believe/trust anybody just like that, especially when it comes to spiritual things, and i have a good reason for that, because usually i don't judge anybody, or as many people said: "only God can judge me", but someone may lie to me, and i don't say they would surely do it deliberately, on the other hand, God forbid i may also lie to someone, and i don't say that i would do it deliberately

i am also of the opinion that the KJV Bible is, if not the best, at least one of the best translations of the Bible, but, also, i know from experience that the translations of all popular versions of the Bible for the last 5-6 hundred years are full of (many) imperfections, including Geneva and KJV Bible, although the old(er) ones are better, which indicates that the people who were engaged/participated in their translation were not aware of many things when they worked on it, and i don't judge them, because (maybe) they did the best they could for their time, and even if didn't, i don't think i am the one that has to judge them, but i believe that we the contemporary believers/worshipers should continue with the implementation of the God's Will without judging the previous generations, indeed, we have to start from the beginning, as St John says:

1 John 2:7-24 "Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth..... Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father."

because this is the only way we can be sure what we follow i.e. if we start from the very beginning with the process of practicing the faith being careful enough not to follow anything uncertain/unproven, because, when it comes to practicing (religious) faith, the absence of knowledge is better than the presence of false knowledge, but how to be sure whether we follow only what is certain/proven enough if we follow not what is certain and proven enough to us, but things that were prepared by other people (before us) and that we follow without verifying/checking/proving them and through a blind trust?!

Ecclesiastes 7:27-29 "Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account: Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found. Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions."

so this is how there have been believers/worshipers being aware of many truths of God and Jesus that many others didn't know, and the faithfulness is the way

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
no, i am not hasty with inferences, judgments, conclusions, opinions and decisions as to the interpretation of scripture(s), by "chief" i meant that Jesus is the head of all holy glorious beings and angels, i didn't mean He is just an angel, but it is certain to me that He is much more than an angel, the book of Enoch may be occult for a person whose spiritual perception is occult, not truly spiritual, especially if they interpret what is written therein according to occultism, not to the Word that comes from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

in my opinion, as the true One taught me, proven is only what has been proven enough to me or only what i has proven enough through faith in Him, otherwise i could not be sure what the true truth really is, for example, will you believe/trust the people around you if each of them tells you that 2 plus 2 is 3?!, or would it be better for you to believe/trust such people just like that?!

i ask this question(s), because personally i don't believe/trust anybody just like that, especially when it comes to spiritual things, and i have a good reason for that, because usually i don't judge anybody, or as many people said: "only God can judge me", but someone may lie to me, and i don't say they would surely do it deliberately, on the other hand, God forbid i may also lie to someone, and i don't say that i would do it deliberately

i am also of the opinion that the KJV Bible is, if not the best, at least one of the best translations of the Bible, but, also, i know from experience that the translations of all popular versions of the Bible for the last 5-6 hundred years are full of (many) imperfections, including Geneva and KJV Bible, although the old(er) ones are better, which indicates that the people who were engaged/participated in their translation were not aware of many things when they worked on it, and i don't judge them, because (maybe) they did the best they could for their time, and even if didn't, i don't think i am the one that has to judge them, but i believe that we the contemporary believers/worshipers should continue with the implementation of the God's Will without judging the previous generations, indeed, we have to start from the beginning, as St John says:

1 John 2:7-24 "Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth..... Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father."

because this is the only way we can be sure what we follow i.e. if we start from the very beginning with the process of practicing the faith being careful enough not to follow anything uncertain/unproven, because, when it comes to practicing (religious) faith, the absence of knowledge is better than the presence of false knowledge, but how to be sure whether we follow only what is certain/proven enough if we follow not what is certain and proven enough to us, but things that were prepared by other people (before us) and that we follow without verifying/checking/proving them and through a blind trust?!

Ecclesiastes 7:27-29 "Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account: Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found. Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions."

so this is how there have been believers/worshipers being aware of many truths of God and Jesus that many others didn't know, and the faithfulness is the way

Blessings

Now listen carefully. YOU are trying to RATIONALIZE your acceptance of the book of Enoch because that is what you want to do.

You have already decided that it is something you like so it actually does not matter what is shown to you at all.

The Book of Enoch is OCCULTIC, it is a fabrication, and it is Antichrist in its teachings.

That is a fact as I have posted the exact words for you to consider.

There are NO Bible quotes for you to post that would make it acceptable in any way. NONE!

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Now listen carefully. YOU are trying to RATIONALIZE your acceptance of the book of Enoch because that is what you want to do.

You have already decided that it is something you like so it actually does not matter what is shown to you at all.

The Book of Enoch is OCCULTIC, it is a fabrication, and it is Antichrist in its teachings.

That is a fact as I have posted the exact words for you to consider.

There are NO Bible quotes for you to post that would make it acceptable in any way. NONE!

and what is the guarantee that if we blaspheme the book of Enoch or what is written therein, we will thus act right?! - would you dare blaspheme (e.g.) the Gospels of the New Testament?!, and i still cannot understand why must that book be an offense for us at all, especially when we can just continue with the process of practicing the faith in the true Lord God without wasting our time with systematic reading of scriptures?! - because "the letter kills, while the Holy Spirit gives life", or what makes us much better than others if we are not effective as to true salvation in Him, even if at the same time we know many things?!, and don't you think that not only Phanuel, but also all other angels presented in the book of Enoch as Holy Angels may really exist and be exactly what they are according to what is written therein, even if some worshipers have abused their names?!, it is so easy for me to agree with such an opinion as yours, but i follow the sound principles of the true Saints, if They have said the worshiper should follow only what is certain/proven enough, for him or her, to be of the true One, then i don't dare to do otherwise, in addition, if i blaspheme any of the Holy Angels and go to hell, then neither i nor you nor anyone else will benefit from this, Enoch was such a great Prophet of the true God - not we, but He and Elijah have been taken up to "Heaven" in glory while still living in this world and without going through physical death, and if one of the Holy Apostles quoted a passage from the book of Enoch in His epistle, then this should be (an) enough witness and indication for us to understand that the book of Enoch is likely to be authentic in principle - i am inclined to think that at least some of the texts found at nag hammadi are fabricated, e.g. the gospel of judas, rather than that the book of Enoch is false, but if we don't understand a great part of the Bible, then it will not be surprising if we don't understand such a book as that of Enoch - it would be better for us to say we don't know than to be proud of our knowledge when we are not sure enough about its nature

understanding the scriptures right is at least a matter of careful reasoning, for example, in a way similar to how the scientists have learned to understand the things of their respective scientific fields, albeit gradually, but the purpose of faith is that we work for overall salvation in the true Lord God, which means there is no time and place for development of great spiritual/religious knowledge if the only way we can save our neighbor/townsman/cohabitant/brother is the prayer and fasting (Mark 9:29)

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Up date to Post #34 and others on “the Sons of God” in scripture.

The term “Sons of God” in scripture always refers to a direct creation of God.

Examples:

Adam was created by the hand of God, Genesis 1:27.

Angels and the heavenly host were created by God. John 1:3

The fourth man in the fire. Daniel 3:25

Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost and begotten of God. Matthew 1:20, John 1:18

Born again believers are a new creature. 2 Corinthians 5:17

All of the above are called “Sons of God” in scripture.

Adam: Luke 3:38

Angels: Genesis 6:2, Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6, Job 2:1, Job 38:7

Jesus preincarnate or an angel of God: Daniel 3:25

Jesus: John 3:18

New Testament believers: John1:12, Romans 8:14, Galatians 4:6,

The New Testament term “sons of God” cannot be applied to the Old Testament saints they were not “a new creature in Christ” not “born again” as is the NT believer.

Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Hosea is prophetic and does not apply to Old Testament Saints but to New Testament believers in Christ. Hebrews 8:8 , Hebrews 8:10, Romans 11:26

Ezekiel was often referred to as the “son of Man”

I see no scriptural way to make the “sons of God” in Genesis 6 anything other than created fallen angels

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,615.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Up date to Post #34 and others on “the Sons of God” in scripture.

The term “Sons of God” in scripture always refers to a direct creation of God.

Examples:

Adam was created by the hand of God, Genesis 1:27.

Angels and the heavenly host were created by God. John 1:3

The fourth man in the fire. Daniel 3:25

Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost and begotten of God. Matthew 1:20, John 1:18

Born again believers are a new creature. 2 Corinthians 5:17

All of the above are called “Sons of God” in scripture.

Adam: Luke 3:38

Angels: Genesis 6:2, Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6, Job 2:1, Job 38:7

Jesus preincarnate or an angel of God: Daniel 3:25

Jesus: John 3:18

New Testament believers: John1:12, Romans 8:14, Galatians 4:6,

The New Testament term “sons of God” cannot be applied to the Old Testament saints they were not “a new creature in Christ” not “born again” as is the NT believer.

Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Hosea is prophetic and does not apply to Old Testament Saints but to New Testament believers in Christ. Hebrews 8:8 , Hebrews 8:10, Romans 11:26

Ezekiel was often referred to as the “son of Man”

I see no scriptural way to make the “sons of God” in Genesis 6 anything other than created fallen angels

I agree. I cannot understand why some people refuse to see this truth.

Upvote 0