Generational curses???????

WOOD81

Jul 20, 2013
✟15,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what are your thoughts?. i understand that if my father is an alcoholic then i have a greater chance of being an alcoholic and some would consider that a curse but to be cursed of god generationally, it just seems outside of the character of jesus to curse us. that even though im saved by jesus and belong to him now that i am still cursed. Jesus already died for our sins it wouldnt make sense to say we are forgiven but still punish us. that is not the heart of a father.

can someone help me make sense of this.

Reactions: holyrokker

Sunshine Locket

This isn't what the Genie in the bottle promised
Apr 19, 2014
✟1,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
what are your thoughts?. i understand that if my father is an alcoholic then i have a greater chance of being an alcoholic and some would consider that a curse but to be cursed of god generationally, it just seems outside of the character of jesus to curse us. that even though im saved by jesus and belong to him now that i am still cursed. Jesus already died for our sins it wouldnt make sense to say we are forgiven but still punish us. that is not the heart of a father.

Alcoholism isn't a generational curse. It's a physiological predisposition more often than not. Those of European decent, Asian, or native American, often are susceptible to alcoholism because their body does not produce the enzyme that converts alcohol out of the body.
Instead, the alcohol, which is high in sugar, is converted to heavy sugar. The body, like it would do in the case of a heavy sugar diet in itself, begins to crave the sugar because of the carb-high.

Don't drink. If your father is an alcoholic and/or if you carry any of those races in your lineage, you're courting trouble. Plus, alcohol does not ever serve the body. It negatively impacts the body. And it is a depressant.
As for the Bible advice and generational curses this Got Questions site may help you.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Deut 24 (Torah) Ezekiel 18 (Prophets)

The soul that sins IT shall die...God does NOT hold the sins of the fathers (even Adam's) against the children...deal with it! The "unto the 3rd and 4th generation" bit is ONLY for those who hate God and the way this is passed on is through (as in by) the fathers....my naturalist grandfather was a hard working alcoholic...my dad growing up in that atmosphere thinking "there is nothing wrong with this" when he grew up became a naturalist hard working alcoholic....like wise, believing my father to be the epitome of right behavior, saw absolutely nothing wrong if after working hard all day getting tanked at night...so I became a naturalist hard working drunkard as well...but then when God called, and I listened, all that changed...their "modelling" no longer had an effect...now I am free in Christ and have none of that and not one of my children is a naturalist or an alcoholic...my two youngest (still in their 20s) do drink now and then when out with their friends or at a wedding, etc.,

So see how "generational curses" are a myth...especially if you are genuinely (not in word or name only) a child of God in Christ...you have been freed from the curse of the law, the only curse that matters which is no more than a consequence for YOUR choice and actions (Deuteronomy 28 only applies to those covenanted under that agreed to on Horeb)....who ever the Son sets FREE is FREE indeed...be blessed and pay no more attention to these false teachers and their "reasonable" arguments...there is always a hook...they bait you and then getting free is always attached to buying their latest book or tape or making a donation of any size and so on...

Reactions: holyrokker
Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Deliverance is part of the healing ministry, just like we often don't know the root of an illness in our bodies we may not know the root of our spiritual or mental problems. Just break them off of you and forbid demons to have access to you... Derek Prince is the best teacher I know of on this issue.
It certainly won't hurt you unless you are unbalanced or in greta fear, than you might want someone else to do a deliverance over you. remember demons aren't deaf, no one should be screaming at you and they demonize everyone, especially Christians. We're not talking possession... thats a whole different thing. Hope this helps, andrea

https://www.google.com/search?clien...+tube+derek+prince+generational+curses&rls=en

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Whose your Father ...

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Greater is Him who is in you, than Satan in the world.....Satan would have to bound the Holy Spirit to invade a Christian or God would have to give them permission.

Ezekiel 18Good News Translation (GNT)
Individual Responsibility
18 The Lord spoke to me 2 of these things 11 that the father never did. He eats sacrifices offered at forbidden shrines and seduces other men's wives. 12 He cheats the poor, he robs, he keeps what a borrower gives him as security. He goes to pagan shrines, worships disgusting idols, 13 and lends money for profit. Will he live? No, he will not. He has done all these disgusting things, and so he will die. He will be to blame for his own death.

14 “Now suppose this second man has a son. He sees all the sins his father practiced, but does not follow his example. 15 He doesn't worship the idols of the Israelites or eat the sacrifices offered at forbidden shrines. He doesn't seduce another man's wife 16 or oppress anyone or rob anyone. He returns what a borrower gives him as security. He feeds the hungry and gives clothing to the naked. 17 He refuses to do eviland doesn't lend money for profit. He keeps my laws and obeys my commands. He will not die because of his father's sins, but he will certainly live. 18 His father, on the other hand, cheated and robbed and always did evil to everyone. And so he died because of the sins he himself had committed.

19 “But you ask, ‘Why shouldn't the son suffer because of his father's sins?’ The answer is that the son did what was right and good. He kept my laws and followed them carefully, and so he will certainly live. 20 C)" data-cr="#cen-GNT-23965C" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">It is the one who sins who will die. A son is not to suffer because of his father's sins, nor a father because of the sins of his son. Good people will be rewarded for doing good, and evil people will suffer for the evil they do.

21 “If someone evil stops sinning and keeps my laws, if he does what is right and good, he will not die; he will certainly live. 22 All his sins will be forgiven, and he will live, because he did what is right. 23 Do you think I enjoy seeing evil people die?” asks the Sovereign Lord. “No, I would rather see them repent and live.

24 “But if a righteous person stops doing good and starts doing all the evil, disgusting things that evil people do, will he go on living? No! None of the good he did will be remembered. He will die because of his unfaithfulness and his sins.

25 “But you say, ‘What the Lord does isn't right.’ Listen to me, you Israelites. Do you think my way of doing things isn't right? It is your way that isn't right. 26 When a righteous person stops doing good and starts doing evil and then dies, he dies because of the evil he has done.27 When someone evil stops sinning and does what is right and good, he saves his life. 28 He realizes what he is doing and stops sinning, so he will certainly not die, but go on living. 29 And you Israelites say, ‘What the Lord does isn't right.’ You think my way isn't right, do you? It is your way that isn't right.

30 “Now I, the Sovereign Lord, am telling you Israelites that I will judge each of you by what you have done. Turn away from all the evil you are doing, and don't let your sin destroy you. 31 Give up all the evil you have been doing, and get yourselves new minds and hearts. Why do you Israelites want to die? 32 D)" data-cr="#cen-GNT-23977D" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">I do not want anyone to die,” says the Sovereign Lord. “Turn away from your sins and live.”

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

The first generation of sin is the thought or temptation to sin. The second generation is the desire to sin that is born when we fail to deal with the temptation but before our will actually concends to commit the sin. The third generation is the surrender of the will and the fourth the action of sinning.

God doesn't punish us for the thoughts or even the desire to sin, 1st and 2nd generation, but only when we surrender our will and commit the sin in action, 3rd and 4th generation.

That is the meaning of that verse.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The first generation of sin is the thought or temptation to sin. The second generation is the desire to sin that is born when we fail to deal with the temptation but before our will actually concends to commit the sin. The third generation is the surrender of the will and the fourth the action of sinning.

God doesn't punish us for the thoughts or even the desire to sin, 1st and 2nd generation, but only when we surrender our will and commit the sin in action, 3rd and 4th generation.

That is the meaning of that verse.

I agree this is an astute assessment of the process, and the likelihood off re-occurrence of this is accomplished more readily among those who hate God and model such behavior as acceptable in the upbringing of the children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums