✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
General Theology Statement of Purpose

The General Theology forums are for discussing and debating the various theological doctrines of the Christian faith. All member's who participate in GT are self-identified Christians through adherence to the Christian Forums' Statement of Faith and the Trinitarian nature of God. It is expected that people who post in GT will respect all members of the Christian faith. Theological discussions can at times become heated, so please remember to keep your emotions in check and your responses in line with our sitewide rules and the following guidelines.

Guidelines for Posting in General Theology

• Always remember that you are first and foremost brothers and sisters in Christ, regardless of your theological differences and viewpoints.
  • Do not identify a group of members or a theological viewpoint with a derogatory or inflammatory label.
  • NT writers' teachings do not contradict each other or the teachings of Christ. (2 Peter 3:15,16)
  • Do not teach or promote sinless perfectionism.
  • It is considered off topic to challenge Paul's place as an Apostle.
  • When speaking about well-known, revered and highly regarded past or present leaders, theologians, saints (living or deceased) of other Nicene Christian denominations, please show a measure of respect. These public religious figures are respected by the members who belong to those denominations. Please avoid using inflammatory words or phrases in reference to these public religious figures.
  • It is permissible to discuss biblical/historical topics that may include inflammatory words or phrases as long as the usage of these words does not specifically flame any CF recognized Nicene group or denomination or insinuate that they are not Christians. Please use these words and phrases with caution.
  • Examples of inflammatory words/phrases (including but not limited to): idolaters, false/different/other gospel, false prophet, false doctrine, heretics, blasphemers, evil, sheep in wolves clothing, different God, antichrists, Antichrist, cannibalism/cannibal (concerning Eucharist), Judaizer.

Handling Disagreements

Members who participate in the General Theology forums are expected to treat one another with courtesy and respect at all times, ESPECIALLY when you disagree with each other. It is not a flame for a member to disagree with another member's argument or opinion on a specific topic.
  • When you disagree, address the content of the post and not the poster.
  • When you disagree with someone's position, you should post evidence and supporting statements for your position. This policy, sometimes referred to as "X means Y because of Z", must be followed especially when posting claims that are widely considered to be controversial.
  • When you disagree and you find yourself becoming frustrated and angry, step away from the computer and give yourself time to cool down.
  • Always proofread your post before hitting the "Reply" button to make sure you have responded with courtesy and respect.

Unorthodox Christian Theology

Discussions in all "Christians Only" forums must be in alignment with Trinitarian beliefs. Unorthodox Christian theology may only be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum. These unorthodox topics do not directly oppose the Nicene Creed, but are not considered to be orthodox on CF. These unorthodox topics may not contradict the Nicene Creed. Non-Trinitarianism may only be discussed in the Outreach category forums. Gnosticism may not be discussed in any CF forums. The Controversial Christian Theology forum is open to Christian members only (faith groups list). Unorthodox Christian theological topics include (but are not limited to):
  • Annihilationism
  • Full Preterism
  • Open Theism
  • Universalism
  • Pelagianism

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. -- Psalm 19:14

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. -- John 13:34,35

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.