• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

General Mills To Raise Prices On Yogurt, Cereal, Other Foods Due To Inflation

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by 98cwitr, Nov 24, 2021.

1. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,361
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    General Mills To Raise Prices On Yogurt, Cereal, Other Foods Due To Inflation

Remember when politicians were concerned for the poor and working class and did things that helped us like ensuring government decisions didn't raise the prices of basic goods? Those were the days.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+9,146
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    follow

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  3. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,491
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    Very little General Mill's makes are "basic goods". Mostly, it's highly processed convenience foods that are going to be sensitive to labor shortages in the economy.

I have not noticed a dramatic increase in price of commodity foods like rolled oats, soy protein, or vegetables.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+6,136
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Due to inflation? Did the workers get a 20% raise.. because other costs except maybe transport remained the same.

5. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,455
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    When I was in second grade my dad was doing combat missions in Vietnam. He instructed my mom to give me a quarter a week allowance. My brother and I walked to a convenience store to spend our allowances. I used to buy a Hershey bar for a nickel, a kite for ten cents and a ball of string for fifteen cents.

Dollar Tree is raising prices from $1.00 to $1.25.
    Dollar Tree hikes prices 25%. Most items will cost $1.25 - CNN

6. timothyu

+6,136
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Guess my grandies won't be happy now with the 25 cents for allowance any more if they hear you talking about way back. Thank God MAD magazine was only 25 cents a month back then. They eventually priced themselves out of existence.

7. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+2,322
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Mean while over at General Mills:

So, a decline of 1-2% in profit translates to a 20% price increase?

8. timothyu

+6,136
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Trying to cover future losses now that people are eating out again lol

9. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,491
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    Pretty much, yeah...

This isn't about suppossedly bad government policy, it's about typical capitalist greed.

10. timothyu

+6,136
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I'll up you one and say this is part of the build back better agenda of Corporatism which is a global entity. You may have noticed almost everything is taking an organized 20% jump or more lately. Indebtedness is key during a shift in power.

11. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Many of those things don't require overseas travel. So in an ideal world, this would be a great opportunity to try healthy eating. But yeah, all these mega corporationss ship resources overseas to be turned into commodities and then shipped BACK here (in my experience: Asian countries are not huge western breakfast goods consumers). I'd like to believe that the cereals by those companies that are still made in North America would have their prices hiked but again, this is about profit for rich people...not the needs of the workers and middle class.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+5,743
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced

Rising inflation is a worldwide problem currently affecting advanced and emerging market economies. The issue is not confined to the US. It seems to be a broad reaction to shifts in supply and demand related to Covid.
    How is the cost of living rising around the world? | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

IMF: Will inflation remain high? | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

IMF: Will inflation remain high?
    • The economic recovery has caused an acceleration in inflation for advanced and emerging market economies this year.
    • It's expected that these pressures will soften over time.
    • A key question is what combination of conditions could cause a persistent spike in inflation, write two economists from the IMF.
    The economic recovery has fueled a rapid acceleration in inflation this year for advanced and emerging market economies, driven by firming demand, supply shortages, and rapidly rising commodity prices.

We forecast in our latest World Economic Outlook that higher inflation will likely continue in coming months before returning to pre-pandemic levels by mid-2022, though risks of an acceleration do remain.
    OB

• List
  13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+20,055
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see how their profit margins shake out after this and if they’re merely trying to cover their increased input costs or if they’re also trying to juice their margins and using inflation as a cover.

14. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I'm all for class conflict!

15. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+21,640
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    We’ve been spoiled by the economy rolling along since 2007. Even with inflation we have record low unemployment. People are way whining about an inevitable increase in prices as demand surged as the shut down ended.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+929
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    No, I don't remember that at all. I thought Americans believe in the free markets and supply and demand.

Exactly when were those days?

17. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+929
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Wait, in this thread "Build Back Better" will destroy much faster you're complaining about government limiting pricing.

From David Rouzer (NC Congressman)

Innovation-Killing Price Controls: The bill would institute government price-setting of prescription drugs which will lead to significantly less private investment in new cures. This would also limit seniors’ access to medicines and drastically harm pharmaceutical innovation, resulting in fewer new drugs and fewer generic drugs being developed.

Which is it? Are price controls bad, or are they good?

18. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,354
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    No. Things get more expensive over time. That's why minimum wage needed to increase. Also, Because of COVID-19. Things have been getting more expensive.

19. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I literally do not remember that. When did America sacrifice corporate greed for the betterment of its citizens? I'm not even being facetious.

Also, appropriate tax rates ALSO helps with that. Of course, having the current wealth distribution htat exists in America (Canada too) exacerbates this problem 10fold.

[​IMG]

The middle class is poor.

20. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+20,055
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    “Record low unemployment “ is expected to accelerate inflation.

You’ve got it all wrong. It’s Biden/Dems who are bad. Everything else flows from there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List