JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I looked at your no grains site. There seem to be a lot of recipes with diary products. My body in general does not agree with diary products. I get a lot of gas lol. If I exclude all grains then I'd probably just be eating fruits and vegetables. Only you said fruits were bad too since they have sugar...
Exactly!! None of it is an exact science. You simply have to sort out for yourself what works for you, obviously using sensible moderation, and small(er) portions. Portions are a big problem here, but from my last visit to England, and some of the "pub food" I experienced, it's becoming more commonplace in England also to fill a large plate with bad food. That way, it looks as though the customer is getting more bang for their buck, but in fact they are getting more junk - more fat, more sodium, and more calories - for their buck.

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

I dont have "gut stress" is all Im telling you ..and I eat grains everyday..So I'll stand up and say Im one in 7 billion I suppose that eats grains everyday and I have no issues ...

Havign said that..having some gas???its absoultely normal..I would never severely restrict my diet..or eliminate helathy foods such as fruit or whole grain to try and never have any gas in my body..thats ridiculous..we are supposed to have some gas and its normal ...If someone has an ABNORMAL amount of gas and bloating etc..then yes..many foods in EXCESS and HABITS could be the cause..but just having any gas..burping or passng gas out the other end is normal..

In fact AIR in your digestive tract causes gas..what should we do stop breathing to avoid it?

Dallas

In the paleo community, gas is something to be avoided. Why? Gas generally results from incomplete absorption of certain nutrients, especially including carbohydrate, resulting in its being used by gut bacteria with the concomitant generation of gas.

Grain consumption, especially wheat, is very much associated with the "leaky gut syndrome," and Candida yeast.

Here is a really good question that I haven't asked before and I don't think you could argue: If grains are so healthy, why are they so high on the inflammation scales? GI and Omega 3 Nutritional Food Data
Graims induce inflammation. How can this be beneficial?

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

I looked at your no grains site. There seem to be a lot of recipes with diary products. My body in general does not agree with diary products. I get a lot of gas lol. If I exclude all grains then I'd probably just be eating fruits and vegetables. Only you said fruits were bad too since they have sugar...

I am following the paleo/caveman diet, so I avoid dairy and grains. Some paleo individuals intake dairy. It's just a personal choice.

I eat a lot of meat, veggies, fat, and small servings of fruit. Grains are not necessary for a healthy diet...and I have much more lean and muscular without them. Who wouldn't like that? :cool:

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am following the paleo/caveman diet, so I avoid dairy and grains. Some paleo individuals intake dairy. It's just a personal choice.

I eat a lot of meat, veggies, fat, and small servings of fruit. Grains are not necessary for a healthy diet...and I have much more lean and muscular without them. Who wouldn't like that? :cool:

You have much more lean and muscular what?

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

And beans too..so no fruit, no beans(I forgot are nuts against our nature?)..NO grains..(that woud be rice, oats, wheat ) so what does that leave?MEAT and dairy(and Im NOT going to eat meat or dairy besdides some fish and occassional eggs very limited cheese )..

So for me?all I would get to eat is vegetables...and fish and eggs..but wait..not all vegetables..none of the ones that might cause gas..which is about half of them..

I would be starving..with all kinds of vitamin deficiencies..if I ate like that..Especially becasue Im nto goignot eat fish every single day or eggs..so sounds liek most days I woud be stuck with a bowl of mixed greens and maybe a potato..Im sure I coudl live off of that..but Im certainly not going to being that there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO cut out foods that are good for me..and that have MINIMAL impact in a negative way on the enviroment unlike meat..

Dallas

hmm...NO THANKS..

Although these foods are not good for you. They significantly induce inflammation.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I can only base it off my own personal experience. And, theres a significant difference. 6-11 of recommended servings of grains is not going to compete with the paleo diet if you want to be lean and muscular. 100% sure of it.
But that's for you and your body. You can't be 100% sure for 100% of the population.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sailor_A

Jun 7, 2011
Earth
✟8,352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the paleo community, gas is something to be avoided. Why? Gas generally results from incomplete absorption of certain nutrients, especially including carbohydrate, resulting in its being used by gut bacteria with the concomitant generation of gas.

Grain consumption, especially wheat, is very much associated with the "leaky gut syndrome," and Candida yeast.

Here is a really good question that I haven't asked before and I don't think you could argue: If grains are so healthy, why are they so high on the inflammation scales? GI and Omega 3 Nutritional Food Data
Graims induce inflammation. How can this be beneficial?

Does that mean you avoid eating many vegetables, beans, legumes? Also for some people that means diary. Out of interest I really want to try but cutting out grains means i have to eat more vegetable and have more gas than ever.

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

Does that mean you avoid eating many vegetables, beans, legumes? Also for some people that means diary. Out of interest I really want to try but cutting out grains means i have to eat more vegetable and have more gas than ever.

I eat broccoli sometimes. But, other than that, I don't eat foods that cause gas. Right now, most of my sides are celery, carrots, and lettuce. I sometimes have potatoes.

I don't eat beans nor legumes. No dairy. I buy really good quality meats and the fat fills me up for hours.

I choose not to eat that much fruit but fruit is approved on the paleo/caveman diet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
E

Everlasting33

Me too. And I have 49 years of excellent health to back it up. :) Never even borderline pre-diabetes, excellent BP, excellent cholesterol etc etc. :)

Grains cause inflammation. I don't want to take my chances. Some of good health is simply found in hereditary, too. What might not be a tendency in you, could be in another person. And all that inflammation will only compound the growing problem.

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

That's exactly my point. Everyone is different. Everyone has to work it out for themselves with the foods they eat.

But, like I said, we don't know how body's tendencies. Grains induce inflammation. Inflammation can be seen in many ways and at certain periods of a person's age. Grains are also digested as sugar and induces greater aging. Why would someone want to eat something so high in inflammation?

What does a person lose by going grain free?

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, like I said, we don't know how body's tendencies. Grains induce inflammation. Inflammation can be seen in many ways and at certain periods of a person's age. Grains are also digested as sugar and induces greater aging. Why would someone want to eat something so high in inflammation?

What does a person lose by going grain free?
Steelerbred, again, I have 49 years of refining my diet. I actually do know my body's tendencies because I get the bloodwork, and the other tests and I know how I am doing. My diet suits me just fine. I have no desire to change it. I take pleasure in the occasional slice of bread <shock!! horror!!> and my morning oatmeal, and the occasional slice of pizza. This is not going to change.

The smartest thing I ever did was cut meat out of my diet. I know for pretty sure that I won't die of colon cancer. :)

Upvote 0