foadle

Senior Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
✟4,616.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Not certificates but some sites that you can get some good information on (European decent most useful to but can help others) that I have found are:
www.familysearch.org
This site is created by the LDS church and gives access to census records etc.
Another that is useful if you are in anyway related to royalty (I have discovered that I am not in any way but it still has thousands of names listed) is:
www.thepeerage.com
This guy has sourced where he has obtained his information if that is acceptable to you and has included his emailing address if you have questions etc. hope this is of help to you

Upvote 0

rqueen2229

Apr 12, 2007
kEnTuCkY
✟7,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Though not free, Ancestory.com is an excellent site. I got a free 90 day trial when I purchased Family Tree Maker and to be honest I have accomplished more research the past 90 days than I have the past 2 years. I elected to upgrade to the $19.99 per month plan and really feel it is well worth the money. (averages out to about .67 per day if you are doing research daily as I am). Cindys list is usually a good resource as well, Genforum also is pretty good. Hope this helps. Evertons has a pay site as well $5.95 per month which I didn't really find that helpful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My mother went on ancestry.com and got a free trial. She found a wealth of information about her family, and it is delightful for me to know my family history. My father also did a lot of research on his family, and traced us all the way back to England. I found out nearly all of my ancestors are from the southeastern part of the USA, I have southern roots. A lot of them were farmers, but I have a brown thumb instead of a green one, I like plants but I can't seem to keep them alive.

Upvote 0