Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unusual. I have a long time friend. He has told me recently he feels trapped and wants to be a woman. I am amazed and worried for the hard life of abuse and derision he now faces.
He is not a Christian, just a dear close friend.
What and how can i handle this? I cannot and will not reject him. He has already begun dressing and doing his make up as a woman. He is a good person. He is single, only had a few brief relationships. He is still only attracted to women.

Does the Bible give us any guidance on such matters?

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What and how can i handle this? I cannot and will not reject him

That you value him as a friend and as a person is good.
As to how this friendship continues will be largely up to him.
The Bible makes it clear that God created male and female and that they are not interchangeable.

All I can suggest is to make it clear that you do value him as a person, that you do value his friendship but that you think he is making a mistake in going down this road.

If you are prepared to be in his company when he is cross dressing he may continue your friendship, but I suspect because you do not approve of his intention to be a women he will withdraw from you.

Do your research about transgender. Wintery knight has some articles about it and do seek every opertunity to talk about the gospel. There will not be many people in his future who will be prepared to care for him enough to tell him the truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I think the most important thing you have stated is that this person is your friend.

The fact you are asking these questions is because you care very much for him. You may or may not agree with the step he is taking, but you are concerned about his health and wellbeing and that is the most important thing of all.

Whatever direction he takes, it will not be something he has taken lightly. We have all been in a position where we have had to make difficult choices. Sometimes we make the right ones - sometimes we do not. That is part of our journey as human beings. We learn through our own experiences.

His gender, although important, is only one aspect of his life. You are friends with him because of the many qualities that he has. We make friendships with people for all kinds of reasons. Perhaps they have helped us. Perhaps they have been a companion on our journey when our life has been painful or difficult. Perhaps they have shown us acts of great kindness and faithfulness. Whatever path he follows, he will still be the same friend to you.

May God continue to bless your friendship. May He also draw near to your friend and help him with his current situation.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does the Bible give us any guidance on such matters?
You say you are "in Relationship". So, if you have a gentleman who is helping you to mature in how God's word says to become and love . . . I would say share with each other, about this, and pray for him.

But, even more-so, make sure you are sharing with mature seniors and couples who can feed you their example. I would not only have friends more your own age and interests.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let all that you do be done in love. —1 Corinthians 16:14

Begin with love. Affirm you value him and the friendship. A touch of the hand or hug will reenforce it. He’ll remember.

Pray for him. You can place his name on prayer lists too.

Educate yourself. Read Christian books on the subject and homosexuality. Listen to firsthand accounts from others experiencing the same. Learn from their mistakes. Don’t repeat them.

Love him as He loves us. You can’t change him. Only God can. But you may influence his willingness to accept advice or reject it. Be the difference. Be a light. Remember your weaknesses when the topic comes up and how you’d wish to be addressed. Then do the same with love. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let all that you do be done in love. —1 Corinthians 16:14

Begin with love. Affirm you value him and the friendship. A touch of the hand or hug will reenforce it. He’ll remember.

Pray for him. You can place his name on prayer lists too.

Educate yourself. Read Christian books on the subject and homosexuality. Listen to firsthand accounts from others experiencing the same. Learn from their mistakes. Don’t repeat them.

Love him as He loves us. You can’t change him. Only God can. But you may influence his willingness to accept advice or reject it. Be the difference. Be a light. Remember your weaknesses when the topic comes up and how you’d wish to be addressed. Then do the same with love. :)

~Bella

Great post Bella, I would add visit a United Methodist Pastor since they are ahead of most of us in reaching out to people dealing with those issues.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0