• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Gender-reveal device explosion kills father-to-be

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Nithavela, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+14,163
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Gender-reveal device explosion kills father-to-be

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,210
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Doesn't seem like a gender-reveal device, so much as something he was going to show off at the party.

I want to know what it was supposed to be/do, and what went wrong here.

3. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+3,855
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
  4. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,140
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Or here's a novelty: Wait until the baby is born!

5. muichimotsu

muichimotsu I Spit On Perfection

+1,008
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    US-Green
    As if we need more evidence that the whole idea is inane just in how it's become more of a spectacle to out do everyone else instead of the original idea, which the person that started the trend has voiced strong objections to for various reasons, this kind of incident icing on the cake of the core issue I won't breach because of ToS on the forums.

One of these parties had a pyrotechnic situation that started one of those awful wildfires last fall, the things should be consigned to the garbage at this point with how people have to be so extra on the practice instead of doing anything that might just be actually celebrating a coming child without attention seeking theatrics

6. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+14,163
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Apparently that's so 2018.

7. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+1,976
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Gotta go back earlier as one Arizona wildfire was started by a gender reveal party in 2017. I just don't understand these things. I must be too old as I don't watch all these newfangled apps and contraptions, and I'm only 52....

8. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,773
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Yeah we just did a cake...and not an exploding one! Poor guy....poorer family! :(

9. Larnievc

+3,855
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    That’s what me wife did. I looked at the scan.

10. Larnievc

+3,855
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    What kind of monster blows up cake?!

11. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,658
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Gender reveals should wait until the baby is in their 20's, or really whenever they feel confident of their gender.

12. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+5,408
    Atheist
    Single
    Here is an idea. A berry cake with frosting. So the actual cake is covered by the frosting. Cutting the cake is the reveal. Strawberry (pink) for a girl, blueberry for a boy.

I like cake!

13. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+19,165
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Gender reveal is another stupid result of the social media"Look at me!" age.

It is a terrible tragedy, but let this be a cautionary tale.

14. GreekOrthodox

+1,976
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    According to the article:
    A spokesman for state police told the New York Times the device consisted of some kind of pipe, without giving further details.

Speaking to the newspaper, Mr Pekny's oldest brother, Peter Pekny Jr, described what happened as "the freakiest of freak accidents that I could ever imagine". He did not know what had set off the explosion.​

DUDE WAS MAKING A PIPE BOMB!!!!!

Sigh... maybe a meteor should hit us...

15. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+3,826
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Last year a fire happened in CA. Because of a gender reveal party. During a heat wave.

16. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,682
    Christian
    Married
    I agree that it's "look at me" culture. If you must , just pop a balloon filled with pink or blue confetti or cut a cake or take the sonogram out of an envelope and then turn it around to show with a hairbow for a girl or a bowtie for a boy. Not everything has to be explosions.

17. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+19,165
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Or have an expensive registry and send shower invitations to everybody with a checkbook or credit card.

18. GreekOrthodox

+1,976
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    My daughter is moving out in two weeks... please send money so I can buy new furniture to create my new den. :D

19. muichimotsu

+1,008
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    US-Green
    At least the originator of that tradition has tried to emphasize the damaging aspects of it, though I haven't seen their statement in full.

Cautionary tales have happened for a few years now with gender reveal parties causing fires and related damage, we're not learning because we prefer to encourage ridiculous traditions because they make us feel good instead of reconfiguring them

20. muichimotsu

+1,008
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    US-Green
    Except in America, which seems to have a fetish (in either sense of the word) for explosions