Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Societal talk about gender identity and gender affirming care fills our news feeds. It concerns me especially when these refer to children. Our society may benefit from an understanding of Christian anthropology.

Videos from Boston Children’s Hospital promote gender-affirming surgeries on children as young as 15 and hormone therapy on children as young as three. One professional even said some kids know from the minute they were born what gender they identify as. Well, that’s astounding! Babies only want love and food, so I’m pretty sure they don’t know or care about their gender as infants.

Parents come to these medical professionals saying their child refuses to get a haircut, or a boy plays with dolls and a girl plays with trucks. These are signs, say the professionals, that the child may be identifying as another gender. Why is there such rigidity with gender stereotypes in the culture? As a child, I played with both dolls and trucks. I enjoyed dressing up in my mom and dad’s clothes. I learned to dance and played soccer. These issues are crucial for parents to understand. A child doesn’t determine their gender by their actions; their biology does.

Continued below.
Gender ideologies and the need for Christian anthropology

CMDRExorcist

Theology Explorer
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2011
Texas
Visit site
✟152,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
None of it makes sense and personally, it's heartbreaking and head scratching.

The argument is basically:
- Gender is a social construct.
- Anyone can play with dolls, but if a boy plays with dolls then he's probably transgender.
- Anyone can play with trucks, but if a girl dresses like a boy and plays with trucks then she's probably transgender.
- Oh, and by the way, there's really no such thing as he and she.
- But it's okay for someone to want to be a he, even if they're biologically a she.
- You should accept the gender identification of a person because that's what their born with.
- But gender is an oppressive social construct that's fluid...

As for children, there's no getting above the fact that performing gender reassignment surgeries and providing hormone blockers to minors is child abuse. As a father, it's a hill I'm perfectly willing to die on.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The sodomites and gender ideologists need to be purged from American society before Almighty God treads the winepress of his wrath against the entirety of us for corrupting children.

This should be a zero-tolerance issue for Christians, Jews, and Muslims. There are enough of us that we should be loudly screaming against having this disgusting stuff in our schools and in our media, and if they continue to force it on children, we need to begin forcibly shoving these sodomites back into the closet where they belong before our nation is doomed. Because sodomites doom nations. It's a fact. Every single time a nation or an empire has taken a permissive stance against natural law, Almighty God has destroyed it because he literally hates this sort of thing. His word calls it "abomination" and what really angers me, for all of my sins and flaws, is that American politicians and these degenerate "academics" have decided that they know biology better than the one who created it.

They need to be punished. They need to be tarred and feathered, rode out of town on a rail for what they are doing to children and these freaks that are now pushing the doctrine of "MAP" (Minor-Attracted Persons) and saying that we need to be "inclusive and accepting" of pedophiles deserve the same treatment. The Roman Catholic church needs to take the lead on this by purging our own pedophile clerics from our ranks first and foremost. The bishops have shown that they simply are not going to do it, so the laypeople need to take up the sword of the lord and get rid of these sickos once and for all, including the so-called "LGBTQ+ Priests". No, if you are a priest you have absolutely ZERO right to be "LGBTQ+" because you are promoting and engaging in what Almighty God hates and daring to think that you should be shepherding the faithful and performing the sacraments? No. A loud resounding NO.

We need to purge the church of the "Lavender Mafia", then purge society of these degenerates once and for all before God rains down fire on us. Everything bad that is happening in America is a direct result of tolerating this disgusting sin because we have turned our backs on God and now God is giving us over to our sin. Repent and believe the gospel before it's too late.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
None of it makes sense and personally, it's heartbreaking and head scratching.

The argument is basically:
- Gender is a social construct.
- Anyone can play with dolls, but if a boy plays with dolls then he's probably transgender.
- Anyone can play with trucks, but if a girl dresses like a boy and plays with trucks then she's probably transgender.
- But it's okay for someone to want to be a he, even if they're biologically a she.
- You should accept the gender identification of a person because that's what their born with.
- But gender is an oppressive social construct that's fluid...

As for children, there's no getting above the fact that performing gender reassignment surgeries and providing hormone blockers to minors is child abuse. As a father, it's a hill I'm perfectly willing to die on.

Stop please. You're making too much sense.

Upvote 0