GEN X: What music have you been listening to ?!

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obi-wan, Luke, can someone please teach me how to tap into their Strange Magic?
Terrific song choice from 1976 there, Jok... but just so you know, all you have to do to feel "the force" flowing through you is do what Obi-Wan told to Luke to do, and that's "Reach out with your feelings ...!"

Surprisingly, if it's any help----and it might just be quite beneficial to know----at just about the same time that Obi-Wan first gave Luke some insights so many years ago (in May 1977), someone else caught wind of this notion and busted a disco groove right across the airwaves that very same summer ...

So, how do you tap into the force? You just do what Pascal and Kierkegaard did and reach out with your emotions until you can say ... :rolleyes:

Donna Summer - I Feel Love (July 1977)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jok
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
all you have to do to feel "the force" flowing through you is do what Obi-Wan told to Luke to do, and that's "Reach out with your feelings ...!"

So, how do you tap into the force? You just do what Pascal and Kierkegaard did and reach out with your emotions until you can say ... :rolleyes:
Never mind and please disregard my last post, I should only focus on one goal at a time. As much as mastering the force would be nice right now I am still a soul in tension that's learning to fly. My condition is grounded but I’m determined to try! Maybe I’m obsessed but I can’t keep my eyes from the circling skies, and I’m sick of being tongue-tied and twisted and just an earth-bound misfit!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never mind and please disregard my last post, I should only focus on one goal at a time. As much as mastering the force would be nice right now I am still a soul in tension that's learning to fly. My condition is grounded but I’m determined to try! Maybe I’m obsessed but I can’t keep my eyes from the circling skies, and I’m sick of being tongue-tied and twisted and just an earth-bound misfit!

Fantastic song, Jok, especially since I'm all about learning to fly! And at one point in my life, I finally did. Not only did I learn to fly, but after I sliced through a solid blanket of clouds and landed on the other side, I asked her, "Hey Little Sweetie, would you like to join me for a ... " ?

Steppenwolf - ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ Magic Carpet Ride (1968)

" ... ... Last night I hold Aladdin's lamp
So I wished that I could stay
Before the thing could answer me
Well, someone came and took the lamp away

I looked
Around
A lousy candle's all I found

Well, you don't know what
We can find
Why don't you come with me little girl
On a magic carpet ride

Well, you don't know what
We can see

Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free

Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away ... "

......... Of course, she said, "Yes! I will !" ;):D:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It always amazes me how life has it quirky turns. One moment you're up. The next moment you're down. One moment, you're having your birthday, sitting in a nice comfy 1st Class seat on a passenger jet, paid for already by your wife, opening your cookies and drinking your free wine, and Whamm-o! You're told you'll have to vacate your seat, get off of the plane, stand in half hour line and be reassigned to a cozy spot in "coach," all because the airplane equipment has had an apparent malfunction and the 1st Class section has to be closed in order for the flight to go ahead and take off.

Well, what a Happy 50th Birthday that was ... to me!

Such instances are just oh so ...

Alannis Morissette - Ironic (1996) ..................don't cha think?

" ... ... It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
And who would've thought? It figures ... ... .... "

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"These Days," the interesting thing for me is to see the 'over-faith' that some folks place in Science and Technology. While I'm all for various benefits that can be had from Science and Technology, and while I'd like to see a cure for cancer just as much as anyone else, and I'll admit that I enjoy seeing my wife's robot vacuum run about doing my cleaning for me, I draw the line right before a 'thing' called Trans-humanism.

But regardless of where I draw my ethical and metaphysical lines, what will be interesting to see in the next few decades is how technology (particularly the use and reliance upon that portion requiring A.I.) may bring society to a point of "MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE," at which time the following question will become more than just perennial (and more than just one of my favorite songs from the past) ...

AC/DC - Who Made Who ? (1986)

" ... ... Who made who, who made you?
Who made who, ain't nobody told you?
Who made who, who made you?
If you made them and they made you
Who picked up the bill, and who made who?
Yeah
Who made who
Who turned the screw?
... ..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then when you're awake, you realize the World isn't going to be your friend. So, you say, "Well now, WORLD! If you keep pressing me, then I'll have to do what a Christian has to do and find a way to say what I have to say tastefully, and I will say it even unto a ...

White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (2003) :mad:

" I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back
They're gonna rip it off
Taking their time right behind my back
And I'm talking to myself at night
Because I can't forget
Back and forth through my mind
Behind a cigarette ... [Well....................................................maybe minus the cigarette! :dontcare: Yuck! ]

And the message coming from my eyes
Says, "Leave it alone"

Don't wanna hear about it
Every single one's got a story to tell
Everyone knows about it
From the Queen of England to the Hounds of Hell
And if I catch it coming back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do

And the feeling coming from my bones
Says, "Find a home"

I'm going to Wichita
Far from this opera forevermore
I'm gonna work the straw
Make the sweat drip out of every pore
And I'm bleeding, and I'm bleeding, and I'm bleeding
Right before the Lord
All the words are gonna bleed from me
And I will sing no more

And the stains coming from my blood
Tell me, "Go back home" "

Oh, awesome song!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
But regardless of where I draw my ethical and metaphysical lines, what will be interesting to see in the next few decades is how technology (particularly the use and reliance upon that portion requiring A.I.) could bring society to a point of "MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE,”
Funny how that movie had the solution to an A.I. takeover as simply not feeding the machines gasoline anymore lol. That must have been about 10 years prior to the Internet. Although you did have a more thought out A.I. takeover in the 1st Terminator which was even a couple years earlier. Wow even part 2 was pre-internet.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a natural thing for someone to find something important and fulfilling and then exclaim out loud ...

Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long (1974)

" ... ... When my days have come to an end
I will understand
What I left behind
Part of me

I've been searching
So long
To find an answer
Now I know my life has meaning, whoa

Searching (don't you know I'm)
For an answer
To the question
Oh yeah
"Who am I?"
Maybe (maybe it's true)
It's only natural (it's only natural baby, yeah)
Good things
In life
Take a long time (yeah yeah) "

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes Tone, we have already discussed @2PhiloVoid ’s secret past in here lol. But apparently the Void’s secret past is even more involved than we thought for I have just uncovered the truth about his run-in with 5x champion Bull Hurley

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes Tone, we have already discussed @2PhiloVoid ’s secret past in here lol. But apparently the Void’s secret past is even more involved than we thought for I have just uncovered the truth about his run-in with 5x champion Bull Hurley

The reference to one of Sylvester Stallone's characters is appreciated, Jok, especially since I'm sure some folks around here would instead depict my alleged "secret past" as something a little more embarrassing and one deserving of a pound of gift-wrapped ... ^_^

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite (2000)

"Well, I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind
I left my body lying somewhere in the sands of time
But I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon
I feel there's nothing I can do, yeah

I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon
After all I knew, it had to be something to do with you
I really don't mind what happens now and then
As long as you'll be my friend at the end

If I go crazy, then will you still call me Superman?
If I'm alive and well, will you be there and holding my hand?
I'll keep you by my side with my superhuman might
Kryptonite ... ... ... "

(...ewww. That's kind of disturbing. While I've always liked this song, maybe we need another one to better express my overall sentiments, like the one below :rolleyes: ... )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fortunately, despite any rumors that I think may be floating around, I know that the reality of it all is such that there aren't that many rumors flying around about me, and I think this is especially so since I don't think I've given anyone any reason to think that I think that I'm ... ;)

Five For Fighting --- Superman (2001)

" I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane
I'm more than some pretty face beside a train
And it's not easy to be me

I wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed, but won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me ... ... "

And thank the Lord, reality isn't all about me ... :cool: No, it's about all of us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok let’s keep the superhero theme going;

Oh, you want to do the DC Universe heroes coupled up with a Christianesque music 'thang,' ay? Ok then! ^_^

The Afters - Legends (2016)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Afters - Life Is Beautiful
speaking of the Afters ^ like this song of theirs
I like that, too, Christine! That one ........ and this one as well!

The Afters - SHADOWS (2016)

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Straining to peer through the grimy miasma of today's World Culture, I saw nothing. No life. No love. As I continued to look into the social gloom, I heard a little sound. It was almost imperceptible at first, but as I listened on in what seemed like a strangled silence, it steadily grew in form, clarity and intensity, writhing gently in the smokey spiritual ruin, reaching a crescendo as it moved. And at that point, I could hear it! It was the silent, unbridled "un"-conscience of millions of people everywhere, all of whom were thinking to themselves ...

Alice Cooper - I Just Wanna Be God! (2001)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I like that, too, Christine! That one ........ and this one as well!

The Afters - SHADOWS (2016)

The beat at the immediate opening to this song was driving me crazy! It reminded me of another song but I couldn’t put my finger on it for awhile . I finally just realized what it was, Talk by Coldplay.

But how strange is this, I found and listened to the song in Amazon Music just now, and when the song was over I started making this post with an added comment that I really like the one line in the song;
“Are you lost or incomplete?” And it’s not even a line that I remember, I just noticed the line for the first time ever when I listened to it in Amazon Music just now. Also the line is only said once in the middle of the song. So then I brought it up in YouTube to copy the link for this post, and the one random line that showed up in the picture for the lyric display video was
“Are you lost or incomplete?” So weird lol.

6C0B8DEA-68B8-41AC-8A85-9257A0F98281.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The beat at the immediate opening to this song was driving me crazy! It reminded me of another song but I couldn’t put my finger on it for awhile . I finally just realized what it was, Talk by Coldplay.

But how strange is this, I found and listened to the song in Amazon Music just now, and when the song was over I started making this post with an added comment that I really like the one line in the song;
“Are you lost or incomplete?” And it’s not even a line that I remember, I just noticed the line for the first time ever when I listened to it in Amazon Music just now. Also the line is only said once in the middle of the song. So then I brought it up in YouTube to copy the link for this post, and the one random line that showed up in the picture for the lyric display video was
“Are you lost or incomplete?” So weird lol.

View attachment 284055

The really weird thing was that I WAS going to post this song sometime in the next five of my song choices. But, I guess that one's out for now. ^_^

Oh, what the heck! Here it is again, with the official video even! It implies something the song doesn't say ........................ ha ha!

Last edited:
Upvote 0