Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn’t it time to stop messing over this life in the Spirit? We’ve got the start down pat.

“Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)​

Alright, but how intense is the criteria?

“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:12)​

Alright, fairly simple, there are others, but this is the bottom-line scaled-back passage to receiving Christ, clearly.

Now may I bring a few more up?

“, , so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” (Romans 12:5)​

If so, then why are we stuck tending “many” as many and not as “one”?

“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?” (1 Corinthians 9:24A)​

Perhaps the single most spiritually mis-understood text in the New Testament. So how does the Father reward many the Holy Spirit and resulting gifts if only one gets the prize? It just said how; we are that one! I would suggest we revisit this fact and revisit again till that ancient reputation returns.

“Run in such a way as to get the prize.” (V24B)​

Oh well now, isn’t that interesting for the Spirit to lock in on some in Christ who run in such a way to NOT get the prize to try and persuade with "such a way"!

May we add glory to His name, and the bride with such!

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Oh well now, isn’t that interesting for the Spirit to lock in on some in Christ who run in such a way to NOT get the prize to try and persuade with "such a way"!

I am so encouraged, may we run in such a way as to add glory to his name.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isn’t it time to stop messing over this life in the Spirit? We’ve got the start down pat.

“Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)​

Alright, but how intense is the criteria?

“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:12)​

Alright, fairly simple, there are others, but this is the bottom-line scaled-back passage to receiving Christ, clearly.

Now may I bring a few more up?

“, , so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” (Romans 12:5)​

If so, then why are we stuck tending “many” as many and not as “one”?

“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?” (1 Corinthians 9:24A)​

Perhaps the single most spiritually mis-understood text in the New Testament. So how does the Father reward many the Holy Spirit and resulting gifts if only one gets the prize? It just said how; we are that one! I would suggest we revisit this fact and revisit again till that ancient reputation returns.

“Run in such a way as to get the prize.” (V24B)​

Have been pondering over this and desire to 'run the race and win the prize'. May God grant us grace to persevere.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you for the acknowledgements, honestly!

We are still joint heirs of Christ, and I don’t mean to propose propulsion to public shame here, sorry to say the commentary over V24 carries itself there without any assistance from me. Unless I've missed some, the scholarly opinions associated with V24 still speak universally the same, that the “one”, they maintain, is a scriptural mark set for us to run individually towards an excellence in Christ, but ignores the “one” verses “many” differentiation as I cited. That isn’t being addressed, and it’s time to admit it.

I say this is no time to set it up an exemplary goal, but the passage is the Father’s comment towards that gut-wrenching conviction of fervent love towards one another. For the other does nothing but supplant self-sufficiency “in Christ” which simply is not true. Lest someone can convince me of some other “prize” given to one than all the rest. But you know as well as I; it is life in the Spirit according to the truth from all whom have been recorded to have lived it.

There is no one single aspiration, but unity in the Spirit which reciprocates the "prize" of Christ's gifts to “one” body! Glory to God!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Friendly
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When we learn to drive it is important to use the accelerator well but also to know how to use the brake at times. As we move through the gears we make good progress. So it is spiritually,'Geared up and accelerate'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.