New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So clear that you don't recall the verse?
Let's research abomination:

New American Standard Bible
'Whatever in the water does not have fins and scales is abhorrent to you.

King James Bible
Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Everything in the water that does not have fins and scales will be detestable to you."

Uh oh. You've lost your case scripturally:

Proverbs 6
16 There are six things which the LORD hates,
Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil,
19 A false witness who utters lies,
And one who spreads strife among brothers.

I did not need to produce the scripture.. I assume being in a Religious Christian forum that everyone has access and knowledge of scriptures..

Leviticus 18: KJV

{20} Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour’s wife, to defile thyself with her. {21} And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. {22} Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. {23} "Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. {24} Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: {25} And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. {26} Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you: {27} (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;) {28} That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you. {29} For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people. {30} Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God."

Romans 1:KJV

26 "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: {27} And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. {28} And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

So the Bible is clear both in the OT and the NT that homosexual behavour is an abomination to God..

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not need to produce the scripture.. I assume being in a Religious Christian forum that everyone has access and knowledge of scriptures..

Leviticus 18: KJV

{20} Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour’s wife, to defile thyself with her. {21} And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. {22} Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. {23} "Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. {24} Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: {25} And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. {26} Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you: {27} (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;) {28} That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you. {29} For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people. {30} Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God."

Romans 1:KJV

26 "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: {27} And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. {28} And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

So the Bible is clear both in the OT and the NT that homosexual behavour is an abomination to God..

Those are both regarding people sleeping with both men and woman
evidently outside of marriage. Promiscuity is the problem in those passages.
Unrestrained sexual activities is the issue being covered.

What Does the Bible Say About Loving Your Neighbor? - OpenBible.info

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope.. there is no statement about marriage in those passages of scripture..

Right. SO any sexual activity mentioned is not only
obvious to the casual observer, but must be outside
of a committed relationship or marriage.

The only way we could identify any sexual activity
is if it was casual and people talk about it or got
hurt by it.

How could anyone talk about specific sexual acts
unless we were part of it?

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Right. SO any sexual activity mentioned is not only
obvious to the casual observer, but must be outside
of a committed relationship or marriage.

The only way we could identify any sexual activity
is if it was casual and people talk about it or got
hurt by it.

How could anyone talk about specific sexual acts
unless we were part of it?

Ummm God sees all.. He does not need people to talk about their sexual acts to know exactly what people are doing and what they have done.. He has no trouble identifying everything..

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
You have demonstrated nothing because the article you linked said nothing about homosexual behavior being approved in the Bible - which is what I have been talking about all along.

Two people loving each other is not homosexual behavior - I hope you understand that. The Bible only speaks of homosexuality in terms of behavior, ie sexual behavior. You need to provide a source that claims the Bible approves of homosexual behavior if you continue to object to my original statement.

Most churches do not have a problem with people who experience same sex attraction (homosexual feelings) but many do have a problem with homosexual behavior.
IF the two people in love are of the same gender than it sure is homosexual behavior just as if the two people in love are of different genders it is heterosexual behavior.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Yipes, you have weird thoughts. Even creepy.
But duly noted, I completely disagree with you

Your fantasy does not require a response.

Gods intended purpose is clear throughout scripture.

God Bless,
SBC
You defended and even glorified Lot's offer to the men of the city to gang rape his girls:
"The plea of Lot, for the men to not doing wickedness, but instead, do what is righteous"

and went on to say:
"Lot offered his Daughters to the men; to take them to wife; and know them (sexually)."

So again I ask you after all the men of Sodom had righteously raped Lot's girls just who would the girls be married to?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ummm God sees all.. He does not need people to talk about their sexual acts to know exactly what people are doing and what they have done.. He has no trouble identifying everything..

Absolutely correct. That's why those who try to identify the sins
of others are told to go home and get lost. "Sin" is a personal
contract between you and God.

2 Early in the morning He went back into the temple courts. All the people came to Him, and He sat down to teach them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before them 4 and said, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such a woman. So what do You say?”

6 They said this to test Him, in order to have a basis for accusing Him. But Jesus bent down and began to write on the ground with His finger.

7 When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, “Whoever is without sin among you, let him be the first to cast a stone at her.” 8 And again He bent down and wrote on the ground.

9 When they heard this,a they began to go away one by one, beginning with the older ones, until only Jesus was left, with the woman standing there.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So again I ask you after all the men of Sodom had righteously raped Lot's girls just who would the girls be married to?

Lot was offering them the opportunity to do the right thing
and takes them as proper wives. He was asking them not to rape.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IF the two people in love are of the same gender than it sure is homosexual behavior just as if the two people in love are of different genders it is heterosexual behavior.

And Love repairs many sins.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error

This passage spells out leaving a woman to have sex with a man. Cheating on your wife with another person and having sex with two people, at least one outside of marriage. Something people should not do. It is adultery. The reason for these rules is that multiple partners causes strife and spreads disease. People often died from STD's.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What about babies with nonspecific sexual identification?

3 John 1
[4] I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Which gender do your ideas apply to when people are not sure of the gender?

Don't know of anyone not sure of their gender, when there are several obvious ways to be informed and one purpose for the way God formed their body.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You defended and even glorified Lot's offer to the men of the city to gang rape his girls:

Whoa buddy, don't try to put your words in my mouth. I said no such thing!

"The plea of Lot, for the men to not doing wickedness, but instead, do what is righteous"

and went on to say:
"Lot offered his Daughters to the men; to take them to wife; and know them (sexually)."

Why do you think RAPE is righteous? Weird!

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Any time anyone sees another brother or sister in Christ use the destruction of Sodom in the book of .Genesis as an example of how God is said to feel about homosexuality, we need to correct them. It is much better coming from us rather than the more informed Atheists.
They have for a long time reminded us that at the time Abraham was written to have been in that part of the Middle East, that no camels existed. That would have been around 2000 B.C.
It also explains the later on date of the second fire of destruction of Jericho discovered by Kathleen Keynan that occurred near1550 B. C. The date she claimed that Joshua destroyed and burned it.
To have seen the salt statues 4000 years ago, we too might have thought them to have formerly been living people.

www. ancient-code. com
It is also known as the Sumerian Star Map on the web.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The issue wasn't "homosexual behaviour being approved of" you said (forgive me if I paraphrase) "everyone agrees that everywhere homosexuality is mentioned in the Bible it is DISapproved of. And that's not the case.

edit: To quote you exactly;

And no, not all agree on that.

You did not quote me exactly. I said "A fact all agree on is that wherever homosexual behavior is mentioned in the Bible it is condemned." (post 19)

Your paraphrase shows where you have misunderstood me. I was explicit in saying "homosexual behavior" because there is a big difference between homosexual feelings and homosexual behavior.

Homosexual feelings refer to feelings of same sex attraction, ie sexual attraction. Homosexual behavior refers to sexual acts. In many churches people who have homosexual feelings while living a celibate life are admitted to fellowship, but people who choose to engage in homosexual behavior are not.

Wherever homosexual behavior (same sex acts) is specifically mentioned in the Bible it is condemned and I have never seen anyone disagree with that.

The argument advanced is that the homosexual behavior mentioned in the Bible does not represent the sexual behavior involved in committed homosexual relationships. They say that all same sex acts mentioned in the Bible refer to promiscuity, prostitution or rape. Even if that were true, it still leaves no positive example of homosexual sexual acts in the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You did not quote me exactly. I said "A fact all agree on is that wherever homosexual behavior is mentioned in the Bible it is condemned." (post 19)

Your paraphrase shows where you have misunderstood me. I was explicit in saying "homosexual behavior" because there is a big difference between homosexual feelings and homosexual behavior.

Homosexual feelings refer to feelings of same sex attraction, ie sexual attraction. Homosexual behavior refers to sexual acts. In many churches people who have homosexual feelings while living a celibate life are admitted to fellowship, but people who choose to engage in homosexual behavior are not.

Wherever homosexual behavior (same sex acts) is specifically mentioned in the Bible it is condemned and I have never seen anyone disagree with that.

The argument advanced is that the homosexual behavior mentioned in the Bible does not represent the sexual behavior involved in committed homosexual relationships. They say that all same sex acts mentioned in the Bible refer to promiscuity, prostitution or rape. Even if that were true, it still leaves no positive example of homosexual sexual acts in the Bible.
I quoted you. Dragged and clicked. I'm not arguing about this with you.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely correct. That's why those who try to identify the sins
of others are told to go home and get lost. "Sin" is a personal
contract between you and God.

2 Early in the morning He went back into the temple courts. All the people came to Him, and He sat down to teach them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before them 4 and said, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such a woman. So what do You say?”

6 They said this to test Him, in order to have a basis for accusing Him. But Jesus bent down and began to write on the ground with His finger.

7 When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, “Whoever is without sin among you, let him be the first to cast a stone at her.” 8 And again He bent down and wrote on the ground.

9 When they heard this,a they began to go away one by one, beginning with the older ones, until only Jesus was left, with the woman standing there.

God does not have different contracts with different people... He does not say to one person ""your alright go ahead and sodomise other men and then say to another man if you even think of doing that to another men they you are a sinner... No God has a Contract on offer in the Bible and it is the same for all people today.. It's a take it or leave it proposition.. Not something people can write new clauses in and delete whole chapter when ever they like too..

Now as for the quotation you used about Jesus and the woman caught in Adultry you have to add the citical verse which you have left out..

John 8: KJV
10 "When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? {11} She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

What the woman did was sin.. Jesus forgiving her did not suddenly make adultry Ok for her to go and do as much as she pleased..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.