think, want, philosophize, decide, interpret, conclude, what Scripture says;
and become a philosopher, minister, preacher, teacher ~

or
adopt what an other has concluded;
and become the follower, student, congregation, member ~

and
result is umpteen different beliefs, interpretation, denominations, churches ~

However, the true fact is:
Scripture is for hearing, reading, reading some more, deciding to trust it as truth, reading some more, reading some more, hearing; otherwise, BE the student, Learn ABOUT God.
Then one is prepared to decide if they; BELIEVE IT; OR NOT.

and
At any time, while that natural person is physically alive, upon the earth, they can choose to submit their life to the Lord, OR NOT.

and
"IF" they
so choose to faithfully submit their life to the Lord;

the "interpretation", "understanding" of Scriptures, ACCORDING TO THE LORD, is freely
given, BY THE LORD, to them.

Which IS;

the ONLY CORRECT INTERPRETATION.

Ex 31
[3] And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Ex 35
[31] And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;

1 Kings 4
[29] And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much,

1 Cor 22
12] Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding,

Job 32
[8] But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Prov 3
[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Luke 4
[45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

1 Tim 2
[7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

God Bless,
SBC

I agree. But whose interpretation is "The Lord's"?

Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you do know "many" you would have provided at least one example.
Oh, you want examples? Wait one...

Six reasons why the Bible is not against gays

How many would you like?

STOP!

Don't start arguing against the arguments in the link. I'm not making them or agreeing with them. I'm merely offering them as an example of someone who disagrees with your interpretation.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The scriptures are actually referring to people who have sex with multiple partners and or multiple genders. Not specifically singling out sexual orientation as most think. Some people who go "Sexually crazy" end up with same gender partners...which is very visible and offensive. It would be silly to assume that overly active sexual heterosexuals get a free ride in God's eyes. Same gender wildness is just more visible.

But it's the promiscuity that is the actual issue.

Not entirely.

Not specifically singling out sexual orientation as most think.

Not true. Scripture does specifically single out sexual orientation.

One male and One female, designed to be One flesh.

One male, One female, Same male, Another female =
One male, One female, One flesh. One man & multiple One wife.
= Concubine = One male, many wives, many children, One responsible daddy.

One female, One male = One flesh.
One female, One male, (still living) Another male, (still living) Another male,
(still living) etc. = One harlot = possible offspring = multiple "daddy's".

One "daddy", is the preparation for mankind to ultimately, leave their "natural" daddy,
and trust in the Lord as their ONE FATHER.

Gen 1
[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 2
[24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

The ONE flesh, between one man and one woman, is to always keep the one man, responsible in ALL ways, (teaching & providing), for ALL of the offspring of the woman/women/ie wives. And it is the offspring, that is the very way God designed for the earth to become populated.

Scripture NEVER condones, but rather Vehemently opposes, Man and Man to engage sexually, and Woman and Woman to engage sexually.

Scripture Does not condone, Men sexually engaging with harlots. Men with multiple wives, yes. With harlots no. Men who do engage sexually with harlots, sin against their own body.

1Cor.6
  1. [18] Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that commiteth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Not specifically singling out sexual orientation as most think.

Lev 18 [22] Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Lev 20 [13] If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination:

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, you want examples? Wait one...

Six reasons why the Bible is not against gays

How many would you like?

STOP!

Don't start arguing against the arguments in the link. I'm not making them or agreeing with them. I'm merely offering them as an example of someone who disagrees with your interpretation.
None of that addresses what I said: A fact all agree on is that wherever homosexual behavior is mentioned in the Bible it is condemned.

There is a distinction between "gays" and "homosexual behavior".

The argument advanced by gay advocates is that the Bible does not mention committed homosexual relationships.

That is a very different thing to saying wherever homosexual behavior is mentioned in the Bible it is condemned.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree. But whose interpretation is "The Lord's"?

The simple spiritual answer is easy; "The Lord's".

The natural answer is more complex; Everyone's conclusion.

How one is to know the difference? Depends on what the "one" does.

For myself ~
What I DO NOT DO ~ is seek the conclusion of others; ie; philosophers, pastors, teachers.

For myself ~
What I DO ~ is read Scripture and ASK God for His knowledge, His wisdom, His understanding.

For myself ~
I trust the Lord is faithful, and gives what I ASK for.

For myself ~
Another who tries to FEED me, Their opinions, Their philosophies, Their conclusion, Their understanding ~ that is in opposition to the Lord's understanding ~ is simply something I dismiss.

Aside from several Scriptures teaching ONLY the Lord gives one His understanding ~
Our one-liner excellent example of a natural man seeking the Lords understanding;
is king David ~

Acts: 22
[22] And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

To know what is in Gods own heart, is to know, Gods own heart is filled with ALL knowledge, wisdom, understanding and pure Truth.
To seek THAT, is to seek to be like God, and acceptable to God, and a worthy servant on behalf of God, that others may also seek the same.

And the bottom line is ~ men want to argue and debate over trivial things ~ be a winner in the debate ~ be proud of themselves they get a tally of irrelevant argument wins.

When the Truth is ~ Every man WHO becomes likened to God, is then prepared to serve God, on this planet, sparking the desire and consideration that other men may desire to submit unto the Lord.

And? Why? What is the big deal? For the sake of the man to evade hell? Be saved FROM hell? No.

It is precisely so a man can be saved UNTO the Lord.

Why? What does the Lord care? Doesn't He have everything already?
No.

The big deal is; Every man WHO submits unto faithfulness unto the Lord ~
Has just INCREASED the Lords INHERITANCE.

Because the Lords INHERITANCE "IS" mankind "WHO" is submitted in faithfulness to the Lord.

EX 34
[9] And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.

Deut 4
[20] But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.

Deut 32
[9] For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Pss 33
[12] Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD: and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Bottom line ~ Scripture teaches what is the Lords inheritance - certain people, the lot of Jacob, Israel, etc. thus: who is included and who is excluded; and how to be included IF one so desires to be included; (Jew or Gentile).
The Scriptures give the knowledge.
The Lord gives the understanding of the knowledge.
The Lord gives the wisdom of what to do with the knowledge and understanding; for one to be an acceptable faithful servant to the Lord.

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Jenny_8675309
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
None of that addresses what I said: A fact all agree on is that wherever homosexual behavior is mentioned in the Bible it is condemned.

There is a distinction between "gays" and "homosexual behavior".

The argument advanced by gay advocates is that the Bible does not mention committed homosexual relationships.

That is a very different thing to saying wherever homosexual behavior is mentioned in the Bible it is condemned.

Philosophical, semantics, trying to justify by splitting hairs, is irrelevant.

Defining homosexual ~ as a behavior, a tendency, a person, a gender, an equivalent to a slang word, all lands on the same root basis -
of unnatural sexual favoring between men and men AS well as; women and women.

And Scripture is Vehemently opposed to ANY sexual favoring between men and men AS well as; women and women.

For one to choose, adhere to, agree with, support, enjoy, participate in: sexual favoring of men and men OR women and women IS one WHO opposes Scriptural teaching.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You saying Pro Wink is smarter than me.LOL. I can tell you now that most professors say what they are told to say now a days. Like robots. They are the ones who drove the hippies and libs insane and I'm going to listen to them.

So now that you have that out of your system, what do you think about what he wrote?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
What is your definition of "mainline and state churches"?

Historic Protestant churches in Europe and the US that generally follow a critical method of doing theology.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The facts are the Bible is interpreted by some to say what you think it says, and interpreted differently by others. Sorry.

Please share with us your interpretation of this new testament scripture.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you understand what the phrase "will not inherit the kingdom of God" means?

Warning people that their eternal soul will be lost if they don't repent of wickedness, is an act of love.

What are you thinking?

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So now that you have that out of your system, what do you think about what he wrote?

About what "he" Walter Wink wrote ~

Gives somethings Scripture actually says.
Gives his philosophical understanding of what he thinks Scripture means.

What I think ~

He is not necessary for me to know what Scripture actually says.
His philosophical understanding is not in sic with what is the Lords understanding.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Nothing new.
She is simply revealing the recognition that PEOPLE interpret the Bible differently.

God Bless,
SBC

• Winner
Reactions: Jenny_8675309
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Gen 1 [27]

So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

which is relevant how?

Gen 19 [5] Where are the men which came in to thee this night?
bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
were all of the men of Sodom homosexuals? All of them?
If they were then why did Lot offer up his daughters for the men to "know"?

Lev 18 [22] Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

and bible also said that:
Eating shellfish is an abomination Lev 11:9-12
Having a Christmas tree is an abomination Lev. 18:30
Snacking on four legged insects is an abomination Lev 11:20 (I know there aren’t any but if there were I bet they would be tasty.)
Wanting to win the lottery is an abomination Deut 7:25
Reading your daily horoscope is an abomination Deut 18:11-12
Incense is an abomination Isaiah 1:13
Remarriage after divorce is an abomination Deut 24:1-4
A woman wearing pants is an abomination Deut 22:5
Having your way with another man’s concubine, without permission, is an abomination Judges 20:6 (it’s OK if you ask first)
Thinking that you are a better Christian than someone else is an abomination Proverbs 6:16-19 and Proverbs 11:20

and about 90 other things that are abominations.

Do you do any of these things?

As a Christian are we bound to the laws of the old testament? or do we live under a new covenant?

Lev 20 [13] If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination:
you left out the part about how they are to be killed.

Rom 1 [27] men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward
Rom 1 [26] women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1 [31] without natural affection
you left out the part where it was God who did this to those people. Meaning God makes people homosexual.

1 Cor 6 [9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not deceived: effeminate shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
define effeminate

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
There is a distinction between the views of traditional Biblical Christians and liberal Christians. The former accept the authority of the Bible and understand that all homosexual activity is condemned in Scripture. The latter think that the Bible only condemns promiscuous & non-consensual sexual activity.

Liberal Christians often say that Jesus did not condemn homosexuality. In fact, he condemned all forms of sexual immorality, including rape & incest which he did not specifically mention either. Jesus confirmed the story of the destruction of Sodom which His closest followers (notably in the books written by Peter & Jude) understood was because of sexual immorality & perversion.
'Now this was the sin of Sodom: They were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. ” Ezekiel 16:49

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In British politics the nation focusses a lot on gay issues. As Christians most, if not all will be have something to say about gay matters. My biggest problem is when some Christians say gay sex is not a sin when as the Bible explains, it clearly is. Our local MP Tim Farron, who is a committed Christian says gay sex is not a sin. He goes to our Church and we had a special prayer meeting last Wednesday night to pray and discuss his situation. Even our PM, Teresa May on, "The Andrew Marr Show" said gay sex was not a sin. How are we as Christians to react to his situation?

A thought provoking verse:

Matt 18:6
"But whoever causes the downfall of one of these little ones who believe in Me--it would be better for him if a heavy millstone were hung around his neck and he were drowned in the depths of the sea!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scripture NEVER condones, but rather Vehemently opposes, Man and Man to engage sexually, and Woman and Woman to engage sexually.

I appreciate what you think is the focus, but you will be very hard pressed to
find supporting reasons for what you think is the "real" issue.

The number one rules is that love wins.
You will find that overrules hatred every time.
So now you have to explain why you (or scripture) hates this one type
of sin. Can you list the reasons why same gender sex would matter to God?
Does God hate infertile couples?
Does God hate women after menopause?
Does God hate certain sex techniques used by both types of couples?
What exactly it it that God hates about same sex couples?

It took me 20 years to figure this out, so I don't expect any surprise conversions.
15 of those years living in a gay neighborhood.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you understand what the phrase "will not inherit the kingdom of God" means?

Warning people that their eternal soul will be lost if they don't repent of wickedness, is an act of love.

What are you thinking?

JLB
the translation of Cor 6:9 to include the word homosexual is a very recent addition. THe word currently being translated as homosexual is arsenokoites and the simple fact is no one knows just what arsenokoites means.
For most of the history of Christianity, arsenokoites was translated to mean masturbation, the most recent bible to make this translation was published in 1968. It is only in the last fifty years or so that a shift in the translation of this word to mean homosexual has been seen. Historically it has also been translated to mean kidnappers, prostitutes, practitioners of other religions, rapists and fathers who sexually molest their daughters.
Some try to support the translation by maintaining that the meaning of this compound word is derived from the meaning of its two root words: arseno (man or men) and koitai (bed). This approach is linguistically invalid. Deconstructing compounds is difficult no matter what language one uses. One can’t just define a compound word by taking it apart, getting the meanings of its component parts, and then assuming, with no supporting evidence, that the meaning of the longer word is a simple combination of its component parts. To "understand" does not mean to "stand under." In fact, nothing about the meaning of understand has anything to do with standing or being under anything. combining the meaning of areseon and koitai can be just as legitimately interpreted to mean lazy.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate what you think is the focus, but you will be very hard pressed to
find supporting reasons for what you think is the "real" issue.

The number one rules is that love wins.
You will find that overrules hatred every time.

It has nothing to do with hate. I love my children but I would teach them that if they have homosexual inclinations they should resist them, just as I would tell a married friend or child that if they are sexually attracted to someone other than their spouse they should resist the temptation.

We all have temptations and we should be encouraged to flee these temptations and seek to do God's will.

• Agree
Reactions: ken777
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A fact all agree on is that wherever homosexual behavior is mentioned in the Bible it is condemned.

But not for the reason you hold dear.
The reason is promiscuity, not preference.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.